EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   04-06 Ralliart Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/04-06-ralliart-aftermarket-forced-induction-tech-111/)
-   -   Those Who Have Turbo' An Ra (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/04-06-ralliart-aftermarket-forced-induction-tech/145937-those-who-have-turbo-ra.html)

Ralliart403 Jun 26, 2005 12:07 PM

Those Who Have Turbo'd An Ra

I noticed there are a couple people out there who have turbo'd out there RA. I am trying to get all the information together to get mine done....

Im looking for Tips and Pointers please, Do's and Donts and what you have done and HOW... I think this would be a VERY GREAT Thread FOR EVERYONE!

Viciouz Jun 26, 2005 12:57 PM

Find somewhat to control timing... w/o blowing your engine :lol:

ralliartracer Jun 26, 2005 02:46 PM

91 Octane :)

Thunder-rush Jun 27, 2005 06:51 AM

First find a suitable fuel management computer play with it while naturaly aspirated learn how your car reacts and then buy or make your turbo setup. The most imporant aspect is to know how your car reacts and behaves now before installing turbo.

2cents

theace Aug 1, 2005 09:20 PM

92 octane...

mattville Aug 3, 2005 08:39 PM

more info plz,
specifically: which turbo to purchase, what to look for, the do's and dont's etc

Ralliart_on_LSD Aug 7, 2005 10:32 AM

yea i got a "do" for ya...... hurry up and get it turbocharged ;)

blk-majik Aug 7, 2005 11:09 AM

you probably want to find a good ignition control computer as well. you have 2 choices: either control fuel and ignition together via a standalone, but lose some features of the car such as adjustable AC and stuff. Or use independant piggyback units to seporatly control the ignition and injection (fuel) and program them to work properly together. harder to do, but you retain alot of the cars extra bonuses.

for a standalone, trie the AEM or Wolf3d units.
For piggybacks, I am not totally sure, but look into some msd stuff for ignition and maybe an emanage for injection. look up turbotechPR's thread. it had some good details about the electronics he used (he tried a few differenct ones).

but first off, make sure u know what you are doing 100% before trying this urself =) do ur homework. ive been doing mine for about a year now and im still not ready (then again, when i started a year ago, i could barly change oil)

KillahB Aug 7, 2005 05:35 PM

Not 100% true Blk, my buddy has Microtech in his Mirage but he still retains all his other features like adjustable A/C.

Nonetheless, especially for higher boost levels, I agree with everything above. Either full management or at least piggybacks that can control ignition timing like SITC or Emanage.

WildWulf21 Aug 7, 2005 11:47 PM

Bit of advice..if ya want a turbo..buy an evo or else you may be walking if you mess up

Azure Aug 7, 2005 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by WildWulf21
Bit of advice..if ya want a turbo..buy an evo or else you may be walking if you mess up

:confused: Based on what? Turbo or not, you'll be walking if you mess up - a turbo setup is like anything else vehicular - proper maintinece is required for sustained performance and reliability. It's not fair to blanket all aftermarket turbos and say they'll cause problems.

mattville Aug 10, 2005 02:45 AM

i knw i have to do ALOT hwk b4 i consider gettin the turbo, i mean, turbo=$$
i just wanna knw who have installed the RRM turbo kit and hoping to find some response after installin the kit.

blk-majik Aug 10, 2005 07:07 AM

thats a better question =) far as i know, RRM has installed the RRM kit (duh) and a rally team /w their own sponsored team of mechanics installed one in Canada. I know RRM hasnt sold a stack of them or anything, and i think all the buyers minus one were locals, which makes me think they did the install (since it was local).

other have turbo'd the RA, including Malvin and his team at Turbo Tech in PR, who is at about 600hp in the 11's. by far the nicest RA in the world.

WidebodyLancer, who kinda ripped off ski /w 1/2 a turbo kit and no electronics, but he did have it running for a bit.

essential speed, but the kit isnt worth its weight in cow dung (thats a fun phrase). they really screwed the pooch on their setup (another fun phrase, just learned that one ;)). However, another shop in CA has redone most of essential speed's turbo RAs for customers with great success. I forget the name (splitfire?), but a couple members on evom had them do it.

there is also a guy in north florida who has a turbo setup, but hasnt gotten the timing down over the dreaded 4-5psi mark. do some seraches and u will probably get some more info. PM is ur friend as well

call around to these places and see what you can find out. see if anyone will share any piggyback timing maps from whatever device they may be using =)

Daddymac Aug 10, 2005 07:40 AM

Don't forget about Ultimate Racing in Canada!! They do good work. A little pricey (quoted me almost 9 grande CDN for a turbo setup installed) but I'm sure you get what you pay for.

blk-majik Aug 10, 2005 07:59 AM

UR turbo'd their RA? news to me! any details?