Notices
04-06 Ralliart Engine/Drivetrain (no forced induction)

Hard to shift in to second gear?

Old Dec 12, 2011, 12:46 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK
rob, you have access to a bearing puller and press for the tranny rebuild? follow the manual closely when doing this. also, have a look at the ring, sleeve and hub for the synchronizer. tolerance specs should be in the book as well...and don't forget the differential shim, when you're putting it back together.
no i dont have a puller or press so im probably gonna take the input/ output shaft to a local tranny spot and have them do the shaft builds and get my flywheel machined at the same time. unless my new co-op placement has a press and i can use it
Old Dec 12, 2011, 12:53 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK
I was told by three different dealers that synchros were "wear" items much like brake pads, and that they were not covered by the warranty, if they are worn, they have to be found defective, and to determine this, they must tear the transmission down, and god knows how long they will say it took, they will charge you for their time, then if they find it's not "defective" and it is merely "worn" that it will not be covered, and they now have to replace, reassemble, and reinstall, or simply hand you back the pieces of your transmission, if you are unwilling to pay them to put it back together...that and they quoted me over $2,000 if i were to have to pay for the work...i repaired the problem for about $200. I just thought i could save myself the hassle since i still had warranty. I was wrong.

So basically at all 3 dealerships, gave me the same run around story, "well, we have to open it up to see, and if it's synchros, it's not covered"...so i talked the head manager of said dealerships and told them to shove it up their ***...what the **** is a warranty for, and why do they care, it's not their money, it doesn't come out of their pocket...unless their christmas bonuses are accumulated from extra money they made bending loyal customers over...

My warranty is up now, but i don't care, cause those *******s will never touch my car...
so true man, i went to markham to get my orig TOB replaced and within the week it was squeaking again they also charged me for the tech to test drive ym car for an hour even tho it was warranty covered.. Aslo i as well went to another dealer and they gave me the run around, bring it in let us test drive it and then well go from their. If the tech thinks its warranty due to bad manufacture then its free if its due to wear then its not covered. They said all this even tho my car is not under warranty no more so good computer skills secretary. i went to newmarket because roblaza said they did his and they told me i wasn't even under warrant anymore.. oh well thank god im not retarded and capable of doing mechanic work myself, at least most of it :P
Old Jul 25, 2017, 07:51 AM

This post was from a minute ago.. however I'm running into the same problem as mark..anyone know what was the cause of it..
Old Jul 25, 2017, 07:53 AM

To be more detailed it tends to happen after the car is warm and I have been driving it for about 10 min. But when I first started it and leave for work in the am before the 10 min of driving it's smooth..