Notices
04-06 Ralliart Engine/Drivetrain (no forced induction)

Timing belt question.

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2017, 05:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Timing belt question.

So, I have a couple hundred miles on my timing belt left (4G69) and I have a question about taking it off. I printed off the AllData pages for the process but do I need to have something to hold the cam gear in place when I release the tension on the belt? I will line up all the marks and time it before I do this if that has anything to do with it. Thanks!
Old May 7, 2017, 08:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
Originally Posted by TuJay
So, I have a couple hundred miles on my timing belt left (4G69) and I have a question about taking it off. I printed off the AllData pages for the process but do I need to have something to hold the cam gear in place when I release the tension on the belt? I will line up all the marks and time it before I do this if that has anything to do with it. Thanks!

if all the timing marks are lined up, you can just take the tension off the belt and remove it, although you'll need to remove the engine mount to actually take it off completely...I must ask why you feel to need to remove it after only a couple hundred miles?
Old May 8, 2017, 04:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK
if all the timing marks are lined up, you can just take the tension off the belt and remove it, although you'll need to remove the engine mount to actually take it off completely...I must ask why you feel to need to remove it after only a couple hundred miles?
it's not after a couple hundred, I have a couple hundred left on it before I'm at a risk of it failing on me