Notices
04-06 Ralliart Engine/Drivetrain (no forced induction)

Piggyback Maps

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2006, 09:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Piggyback Maps

In the event that you think PM'ing me questions about tuning is a good idea, think again. I monitor this thread, so post your questions here. I also look for other threads I created to come back from the depths, so feel free to post any questions directed at me in those threads as well.

From this point forward if you send me a PM regarding an open topic I will merely copy a link for you to visit.

And the reasoning behind it you ask? because if I answer 10000 pm's 10000 people will know the answer, but if I post in a thread just once there is an infinite number of potential benefactors. Get it? now cooperate DAMMIT!!!

We should start sharing our maps, so here is the thread

1. Post your map or a screenshot of the map.
2. State whether or not you know if the AFR is safe according to a dyno run.
3. State all of your mods that affect tuning.
4. Tell us your location for altitude and temperature purposes.

To show good faith I'll go first.
Attached Files
File Type: txt
P1Auto.txt (858 Bytes, 431 views)
Test Map.txt (1,013 Bytes, 307 views)

Last edited by DangerousDan; Jul 18, 2007 at 10:40 AM.
Old Oct 13, 2006, 09:10 AM
Evolved Member

My maps

I am not sure what to think of this software, and that's one of the reasons I think we should share.

I have RRM downpipe, highflow cat, flowthrough muffler, short ram intake, and underdrive pulley. I live in Charlotte NC and the "professional tune" was done at like 80F, and the AFR was ok. The second map I have not had on the dyno, hell I don't even know if it's any different to the car.

The first map was done by a tuner (P1 Automotive)who said he was unfamiliar with the software. It took him and I around thirty minutes to figure it out. I also think we may have inadvertently erased the RRM map.

I think it should look more like the second map, and I have another thread going to figure the software out.

In any case, I started so who's next?

Edit: I have since figured out the problem with my maps and software. see the linked thread.

New Maps below.

UPDATED MODS!! See post #32

Last edited by DangerousDan; Mar 13, 2007 at 05:37 AM. Reason: updated mod list
Old Oct 13, 2006, 04:12 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Just want to point something out. I'm all for the this thread, people should share maps, HOWEVER: It is against this forum's policy to share vendor maps. This means no posting of RRM's maps or any maps other vendors, such as RPW and Dynoflash, may come out with in the future. These maps are the intellectual property and product of the vendors.
Old Oct 13, 2006, 05:52 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll try to plug mine to send a screenshot by the week end...
Old Oct 13, 2006, 06:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by otter
Just want to point something out. I'm all for the this thread, people should share maps, HOWEVER: It is against this forum's policy to share vendor maps. This means no posting of RRM's maps or any maps other vendors, such as RPW and Dynoflash, may come out with in the future. These maps are the intellectual property and product of the vendors.
I thought because the base map was included with every piggyback it would be available for sharing. Those who don't have the piggyback won't be able to use the map and those of us who do should already have it(except me ) If you don't have the piggyback from RRM you can't use the map. I say this because I can't figure out which controller they used. I would assume it's the psc1-006 but if that's the case it is missing two wires, the map signal and the iat signal (manifold absolute pressure and intake air temperature,) so someone purchasing it eslewhere is not going to be able figure out what the hell they have to do. And if they can purchase it from split second and have all seven wires working properly then I bought from the wrong company(or the guy I bought it from did anyway.)

Maybe Rob can enlighten us as to which version piggyback and what's up with the RPM's? I guess he could also release the original base map for the reasons I mentioned above, since it belongs to him.
Old Oct 13, 2006, 06:34 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Basically, RRM put the R&D into the map they're selling, and the map that comes with the piggyback is part of a product that they're selling and sustaining their business with. Not that it's a large possibility with so few companies tuning for the Ralliart, however, another company could get ahold of RRM's map and set the values in their own piggyback and sell that at a lower price. It'd be stealing RRM's work and using it against them.

The forum's policy is firm on this.
Old Oct 14, 2006, 05:02 AM
Evolved Member

?stickie please? this is good to have.

Once I get my stuff from RRM and put it in im going for a tune. So this gives me a week to screw with my PC and try to remember how to take a screen shot.
Old Oct 14, 2006, 09:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Stickied. Just remember the policy against posting any shop's map.
Old Oct 14, 2006, 11:26 AM
Evolved Member

no prob so now does anyone have some maps? lol.
Old Oct 14, 2006, 11:45 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by otter
Basically, RRM put the R&D into the map they're selling, and the map that comes with the piggyback is part of a product that they're selling and sustaining their business with. Not that it's a large possibility with so few companies tuning for the Ralliart, however, another company could get ahold of RRM's map and set the values in their own piggyback and sell that at a lower price. It'd be stealing RRM's work and using it against them.

The forum's policy is firm on this.
I have no disagreement at all with this. In fact, I put safeguards in place at work to guard my intellectual property. I disagree however, that somebody posting RRM's map here would be of any help to another company. If they wanted RRM's map they could call RRM and order a piggyback. It comes with the software now doesn't it? I am not saying the map is open source because they supply the software but I am saying a company is not likely to bother getting it here on EvoM. The unit sent out by RRM has been modified somehow to work with our cars anyway, so they would need that R&D as well. It doesn't really matter because unless RRM releases the map on here then it's not allowed so we will let someone there make that decision.
Old Oct 19, 2006, 03:25 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree too, but since I hace the RRM's map, I'll wait to get it tune before posting...
Old Nov 4, 2006, 06:56 AM
Evolved Member

RPM's in R4 software

If your RPM's do not register properly in your software you need to read this thread.
Old Nov 5, 2006, 11:46 AM
Evolved Member

Here is my latest map, turn off word wrap in notepad to view properly. I used charts from my dyno runs, one stock and one with the p1 map, with the afr mapped against the rpm and figured out the best values for my car. This is a very basic map, and is very conservative for the mods on my car. I don't know the afr for this map, but I was shooting for 13.1. Again, this is a mathematically generated map, and has not dyno'ed safe.

Mods: RRM downpipe, highflow cat, highflow muffler, RRM pulley, custom SRI.

Map: NOT DYNO'ED
Attached Files
New Map.txt (953 Bytes, 269 views)
Old Nov 5, 2006, 11:54 AM
Evolved Member

Anyone else with a custom tune? No one wants to play with the software? I am still only making minor changes until I have the wideband stuff, I don't want to hurt the car. Anyone else messing around yet?
Old Feb 7, 2007, 08:31 PM
Evolving Member

Maps

I dyno tune my piggyback, and the guy said that he was familiar with the software but he tune it with the aditional injector and gauge pressure after an hour or so he just got 12hp and the fuel mixture was 13.99

Here is my map from 15psi to 20.5 the rest of the psi are left to 10
Attached Files
File Type: doc
fuel map.doc (20.0 KB, 204 views)

Quick Reply: Piggyback Maps