Notices
04-06 Ralliart Engine/Drivetrain (no forced induction)

2006 Ralliart engine is silent

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2018, 01:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 Ralliart engine is silent

I have a 06 Ralliart that I recentloy replaced the starter with a used one and im getting a silent engine, when i go to start it theres no sound, lights and such turn on but they flicker without a boost and their fine when hooked up to a running car, Im new to doing stuff myself and im a lil puzzled, could the starter be on too tight or would the engine be kaput... heres what I mean

Old Jan 18, 2018, 06:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
When you say "boost" I assume you mean a battery jump pack? If it doesnt work without that then your battery is bad. As for starting the car. Find the ignition relay, have someone put their hand on it, when you turn the key to start the car does that relay click? If not, your ignition switch could be bad, or the relay itself is bad. If it does click check for power at the starter motor when you turn the key. Battery power should be going to the starter when that relay clicks. If its not you could have a short somewhere between the relay and starter.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 06:03 PM

I was gunna say, I just bought the battery 2 weeks ago, I hooked a voltage meter to it and its reading 12.3 volts, ill try the ignition relay, Im assuming its relay A in the line, I can try redoing the starter, I know when my friend bolted it in he said he got the top real tight but the bottom only went half in and he could only finger tighten the bolt that hooks to the power from the battery, but ill try redoing it all properly, also on a side note, I need to reweld my muffler back on, I know the neck pipe is a 2 inch and my muffler is a magnaflow and it seems to be a 2 1/4 inch or 2 1/2 inch, im gunna reweld it on via a adapter, can I use a arc welder for the exhaust? or should I use a mig welder?
Old Jan 19, 2018, 07:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
You need to start at the source and work your way to the starter motor. If your dash and stuff doesnt come on without a jump pack attached to it then something is wrong with you battery, or the wiring. Start there.

Once you have power without the jump pack you can move on to the relay. If the relay doesnt click, replace the relay with a known good one. If it still doesnt click go to your ignition switch. If it does click start checking that power is actually getting to the starter motor, and that you have proper grounds.

Its a process you have to work your way through the system to locate the problem. Jumping from one end to the other is just going to have you running in circles usually.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 12:30 PM

So I did what you said and went through it all again, and still nothing but..... my fuse box is ticking, so i think it may be t he battery, the battery has no stickers on it to tell me the voltage, my friend sold me it, so ill get a new battery right now and try it out
Old Jan 20, 2018, 02:03 PM

All I can say is this sorry for the talking were just excited,