Notices
04-06 Ralliart Engine/Drivetrain (no forced induction)

Engine stall issue

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2017, 03:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Engine stall issue

Hey guys, hoping someone can help me with this issue I've been having with my 06 Ralliart. A little historyon it, when I got the car the owner had a turbo for me but was not on the car cause the intercooler has a hole blown in it. But the car ran fine without the turbo for about 6 months, then the throttle position sensor went, replaced that and ever since then I have a this stall issue on and off as I've been in and out of the mechanic, they say it is fixed drives good for a week and comes back. The stall issue happens once the engine is up to operating temperature, it wants to choke and die, I have changed the valve cover gasket cause it was leaking, changed spark plugs, battery and when it stalls it doesn't turn the CEL light on.

A month ago it threw a code for my crankshaft position sensor circuit A? I had the sensor replaced but last week it threw the sensor again. Still dealing with the stall issue as well.

Any ideas to what's causing this stall?

Thanks
Old May 3, 2018, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Delta Lance
Hey guys, hoping someone can help me with this issue I've been having with my 06 Ralliart. A little historyon it, when I got the car the owner had a turbo for me but was not on the car cause the intercooler has a hole blown in it. But the car ran fine without the turbo for about 6 months, then the throttle position sensor went, replaced that and ever since then I have a this stall issue on and off as I've been in and out of the mechanic, they say it is fixed drives good for a week and comes back. The stall issue happens once the engine is up to operating temperature, it wants to choke and die, I have changed the valve cover gasket cause it was leaking, changed spark plugs, battery and when it stalls it doesn't turn the CEL light on.

A month ago it threw a code for my crankshaft position sensor circuit A? I had the sensor replaced but last week it threw the sensor again. Still dealing with the stall issue as well.

Any ideas to what's causing this stall?

Thanks
Hello,
Did you solve your issue? I am have a very similar problem on my 2006 Ralliart. When I check the Throttle parameters the percent is -0.4%. Then when the engine normalize it is in 2.4%.

Thanks
Old May 7, 2018, 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by edi3ca
Hello,
Did you solve your issue? I am have a very similar problem on my 2006 Ralliart. When I check the Throttle parameters the percent is -0.4%. Then when the engine normalize it is in 2.4%.

Thanks
I ended up cleaning the throttle body and doing and idle relearn procedure, and so far everything has been running smooth no fluctuations, hasn’t stalled on me at all, I haven’t checked my throttle parameters but will do that in the morning and I’ll let you know what mine are at.
Old May 7, 2018, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by Delta Lance

I ended up cleaning the throttle body and doing and idle relearn procedure, and so far everything has been running smooth no fluctuations, hasn’t stalled on me at all, I haven’t checked my throttle parameters but will do that in the morning and I’ll let you know what mine are at.
Can you tell me how to do the idle relearn procedure? Or there is any post that explain it?

Thank you!
Old May 7, 2018, 01:13 PM

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...lls-start.html

That’s the link for the Evo X ETV (Electronic Throttle Valve) relearn is in there, that is what I used.
Old May 10, 2018, 05:49 PM

Thanks for the information! I will try it in my RA. 👍