Notices
04-06 Ralliart Engine/Drivetrain (no forced induction)

Oil Pan Fitment

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2018, 12:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oil Pan Fitment

Hey guys. Got an 06 Ralliart i just picked up from a friend for $440 with a faulty timing belt tensioner. Oil pan is also quite rusty and leaking. Everyone wants around $450 for a new one, except the dealer which is $276. But, i looked up a few other similar vehicles with the 4g69 and those oil pans are $80-$90.

Any idea what other oil pan would fit?

I saw other threads without any concrete answers. There was one where someone said they fit an 03 eclipse pan on his 06 ralliart. I looked on rockauto but the dimensions are a tad different. Just wanted to be 100% sure it actually fits and will cause no engine issues .

Thanks!
Old May 2, 2018, 08:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
PM "doncarbone" in this forum, he might still have one (he's from canada too). He is a good guy and honest seller.
Old May 3, 2018, 05:11 PM

Thanks! Anyone else know of an 03 eclipse oil pan will do the job? I just spent $400ish on timing belt parts so if i can save some cash with the less expensive oil pan that'd be awesome
Old May 4, 2018, 07:16 PM
Evolving Member

I'm wondering if anyone knows the answer to this as well. After all the years I have owned mine, it finally got a hole in it. Of course it was right when I was about to fire it up after replacing the timing and head.

Searched the forums, according to this thread, linky. The eclipse one does work. Which would save a lot of money. I did see someone else say in another thread that the eclipse one worked as well. I may just order one and test it out.

Last edited by Darewood; May 4, 2018 at 07:24 PM.
Old May 5, 2018, 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by Darewood
I'm wondering if anyone knows the answer to this as well. After all the years I have owned mine, it finally got a hole in it. Of course it was right when I was about to fire it up after replacing the timing and head.

Searched the forums, according to this thread, linky. The eclipse one does work. Which would save a lot of money. I did see someone else say in another thread that the eclipse one worked as well. I may just order one and test it out.

Yeah. I just ordered the eclipse one from my local parts store and its coming in next week. I'll probably get to it next weekend or later since its just my project car. But i will post back and let you know if it fits.

I compared pictures of the inside of the two as well and they look pretty similar. I dont think ill have any issues but ill report back when its installed.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 05:23 PM
Evolving Member

Just a heads up for everyone! This oil pan works! It's almost identical, the section under the crank is not as deep as ours. Car is currently running and working as intended.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 05:43 PM

Yup i can also confirm the eclipse pan works. I installed it a week ago and i have had no problems. The price difference between the two makes no sense to me

Last edited by 06mivec; Jul 15, 2018 at 07:28 PM.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 06:28 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 06mivec
Yup i can also confirm the eclipse pan works. I installed it a week ago and i have had no problems. The price difference between the two makes no sense to me
haha it really doesn't make sense at all. In case anyone wants to see the actual differences.