Notices

***SPOTTED** Is That Your Ralliart...?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2014, 04:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Arithmetic
... it was an older man (maybe late 20's, early 30's)
Lol, what does that make me at (52), a cadaver?!
Old Aug 13, 2014, 11:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by truthdweller
Lol, what does that make me at (52), a cadaver?!
LOL!! If later 20's is old, Im getting awfully close. Gary we'll just say that your "Well Seasoned" HAHAHA
Old Aug 18, 2014, 11:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
impromptu road trip this weekend...
ended up going to chicago...considered kentucky(and visit bakuro/aka josh)
(both are ~5.5hr drive from my place)

so after i got to downtown chicago...i took 1 wrong turn(in the whole trip so far)...
and bumped into this...(almost literally...ended up being a few inches from the bumper trying to do a u-turn in the parking lot before i realized what it was)
***SPOTTED** Is That Your Ralliart...?-wtf14bu.jpg

AND THEEEEEEEEN....on my way back to detroit ~2am driving down I-94
(about 7 yrs ago i wrecked my car on I-94 coming home from chicago - went to technical school there for a year...and almost in the exact same spot where i wrecked...guess what was pulled over changing a tire...?)
ANOTHER WHITE RA!!!!!(no picture tho..)

yep...quite weird...
i sent the pic(parked one) to josh in a text and he said (paraphrasing)
it was destiny in this impromptu road trip i'd see a white RA....wether in kentucky or in chicago
Old Aug 18, 2014, 02:43 PM
Evolved Member

Lol it was either gunna be mine or the others! Lol that'd be awesome if the owner of those in chicago showed up.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 05:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
it's a SIGN!!!
Old Aug 18, 2014, 08:29 PM
Evolved Member

***SPOTTED*** a SLOUGH of DSM's and EVO's at the DSM/EVO/GTR Shootout in Wakeman, Ohio this weekend. Also, spotted one, count 'em "ONE" 2004 Lancer Sportback Ralliart among the hundreds in attendance! I can't even say I saw a Ralliart sedan!

Old Aug 19, 2014, 05:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by truthdweller
***SPOTTED*** a SLOUGH of DSM's and EVO's at the DSM/EVO/GTR Shootout in Wakeman, Ohio this weekend. Also, spotted one, count 'em "ONE" 2004 Lancer Sportback Ralliart among the hundreds in attendance! I can't even say I saw a Ralliart sedan!

DSM/EVO/GTR Shootout 2014 (Created with @Magisto) - YouTube
You were there????? I went Saturday and Sunday. Was parked out by the fence by the back both days. I didn't think anyone from the RA section was going.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 06:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
I'm so bummed I couldn't go this year

hope you had fun Gary, I had a blast last year...did you compete?

last year I did max effort, even though I was waaay out of my league, just so I could do autocross AND get some more 1/4 mile passes in. I also ran bracket, but they screwed up my dial in time, so the other guy got his green light .5 seconds sooner than he should have, and only had me at the line by the same amount...I was pretty choked, cause I didn't realize what had happened until after I was eliminated.

hoping to make it next year with meth injection, and more tuning.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 03:13 PM
Evolved Member

Yea I'm really bummed I couldn't go either. We literally spent the entireweek after getting married moving Christeen into my house and rearranging things. I'm sitting in Mexico sweating my *** off using the internet I only get for 1 hour a day right now though. Lol

Hope you had a blast gary! Did you get very many comploments or questions about thr wagon? We really need to have an RA section next year! I'm going to do my best to bring both of mine!
Old Aug 19, 2014, 09:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bakuro117
Yea I'm really bummed I couldn't go either. We literally spent the entireweek after getting married moving Christeen into my house and rearranging things. I'm sitting in Mexico sweating my *** off using the internet I only get for 1 hour a day right now though. Lol

Hope you had a blast gary! Did you get very many comploments or questions about thr wagon? We really need to have an RA section next year! I'm going to do my best to bring both of mine!

Glory to God on your marriage Josh and enjoy your honeymoon down south. You'll have to revisit one day in December/January when it's dryer and cooler.

. I arrived early Friday morning in Wakeman Ohio where I showed the car most of the day, went and looked at other cars, and watched the Dyno competition. A couple of guys asked similar questions, "How'd you get that into the states?" and, "Where'd you get that, overseas?" Referring to the Evo Wagon. This obviously opened the door to tell them about the vehicle and the "guys" on evom.net that "held my hand" to accomplish the eleven month build...

Last edited by truthdweller; Aug 20, 2014 at 07:39 AM.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 09:34 PM
Evolved Member

...Lots of pictures were taken of it, and I even stood incognito and listened to one guy criticize the tig welds on the upper intercooler pipe. He obviously didn't know that I was the owner. The biggest compliment I received was a "thank you" for bringing it to the shootout for others to enjoy. This opened my eyes and reminded me that taking on the build, finishing it, and enjoying the fruits of my labor is just one piece of the puzzle in the big picture, and that it isn't so much about me than it is about those Mitsubishi enthusiasts that enjoy seeing your results, and those that follow you to get the motivation to create a vision or live a dream that they have, just like I did...

Last edited by truthdweller; Aug 21, 2014 at 08:30 AM.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 09:52 PM
Evolved Member

...The Motorsports park opened at 1630, so at 1530 I headed over to recon the grounds and when the gates opened I scrambled to secure a camp site in the parking lot. Having decided not to compete but rather participate in the test and tune I was allowed three runs down the quarter mile. I completed the first run, but when called back out for the second, cars started breaking on the track and delayed progress. It was then that I got a strong conviction that my family was more important and made the decision to join them on vacation in Maryland. I ate, grabbed a track shower, packed up and left before midnight... I had to do what I had to do.

Last edited by truthdweller; Aug 20, 2014 at 08:05 AM.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 09:09 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Truth what size is your intercooler?
Old Aug 21, 2014, 08:08 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 347-dis
Truth what size is your intercooler?
28 x 7 x 3...its been so long I had to go out and take measurements!

Last edited by truthdweller; Aug 21, 2014 at 08:13 AM.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 03:59 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Haha all good mate is that cm or inches?

Quick Reply: ***SPOTTED** Is That Your Ralliart...?