Notices

Ralliart Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2016, 01:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ralliart Upgrade

Hey Guys!
I'm just new here in this forum.
So, I just really want to ask you guys out here. I have a 2005 Lancer Ralliart and I want to upgrade it, like I know I couldn't afford an evo, but Atleast I wanna upgrade something on my engine. So what should I do to upgrade my 05' ralliart run like an evo or maybe close to an evo? Lol
Your answers and suggestions are important guys!
Old Mar 5, 2016, 05:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
An under drive pulley is a good place to start. It's both easy and cheap. http://roadracemotorsports.com/store...products_id=98
Old Mar 7, 2016, 03:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
Originally Posted by itsYaBoiiJRey
Hey Guys!
I'm just new here in this forum.
So, I just really want to ask you guys out here. I have a 2005 Lancer Ralliart and I want to upgrade it, like I know I couldn't afford an evo, but Atleast I wanna upgrade something on my engine. So what should I do to upgrade my 05' ralliart run like an evo or maybe close to an evo? Lol
Your answers and suggestions are important guys!
Nothing short of turbocharging will bring you anywhere close to an Evo. At 14psi of boost, i was marginally faster than a stock Evo 9. You can get more performance from intakes, exhaust etc., but you'll never come close to Evo performance without boost.

Originally Posted by Buggin
An under drive pulley is a good place to start. It's both easy and cheap. http://roadracemotorsports.com/store...products_id=98
Underdrive pulleys are not where power is made...your best performance per dollar will come from tuning.
The following users liked this post:
Buggin (Mar 22, 2016)
Old Mar 22, 2016, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK
Nothing short of turbocharging will bring you anywhere close to an Evo. At 14psi of boost, i was marginally faster than a stock Evo 9. You can get more performance from intakes, exhaust etc., but you'll never come close to Evo performance without boost.

Underdrive pulleys are not where power is made...your best performance per dollar will come from tuning.
Got mine tuned last night and wow what a difference!
Old Mar 22, 2016, 08:10 PM
Evolved Member

a conservative tune can yield up to 10hp in a 4g69 engine, with zero other modifications...with tuning you will get even more out of every intake/exhaust mod you add...plus you can tune for higher octane fuels, and run more timing advance. By far the best thing you can do for performance...
Old Mar 22, 2016, 09:37 PM

I am not sure how much of a gain in HP I ended up with, but it feels alive now. I ended up going to OttRalliart05 for the tune. He was very helpful and did an awesome job on it.
Old Mar 23, 2016, 06:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by Buggin
I am not sure how much of a gain in HP I ended up with, but it feels alive now. I ended up going to OttRalliart05 for the tune. He was very helpful and did an awesome job on it.
Awesome!

Brent is a great guy. Had him tune my RA. Then he helped me fine tune it for AutoX. Ive even had him help clean up the tune on my Evo now. He's a great guy no doubt!

Plus Merlin's definitions are amazing, so that helps a lot. That guy literally wrote the book on tuning Evos. Look it up Im not joking. His username is well deserved, he's a freaking wizard. LOL
Old Mar 24, 2016, 05:02 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
According to another thread on club4g, Hackish is going to have a sale next month if you guys are interested in getting your cars tuned. Starts on 15th of April.
Old Mar 24, 2016, 07:50 PM
Evolved Member

he does a spring sale every year, you'd be foolish to pay full price...he doesn't advertise here because Evom doesn't let you advertise anything unless you pay them for "vendor status" where club4g has no such requirement. Also, hackish gets more business from the eclipse community, cause they are a slightly newer platform, and there seems to be more people modifying them than there are lancer owners...