Notices

My Ralliart Took It's Final Bow... WRECK (Pics).

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2006, 09:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Wow, thank's everyone for the PM's and help!

Retro, thanks again! Ill contact sp0rk and find a time to pick up the hood. Far as, side mirrors I think I have some already from a local friend. Headlights, I just might go to ebay and buy the projectors, so now I just need a front bumper and front lip.

The insurance thing, it's really complicated, long and drawn out, but in a nut shell... I basically don't have full coverage and was drop awhile ago, but the insurance company didn't tell me. I recieved no notice, email or call, so im running around thinking the car has full coverage, but it doesnt. I crash my car, call my insurance company and everything seem fine, they are willing to pay, than all the sudden the adjuster calls me "Sir, im sorry but you don't have full coverage". I tried to stay calm, but I lost it. Im just really confused now, and now the repair shop is telling me to come pickup my car immediatly since I can't afford to have them fix it.
Old Dec 13, 2006, 01:40 PM

ill buy the center console off of u if u still have it
Old Dec 14, 2006, 06:07 AM
Evolved Member

I know its not much Arithmetic, but I'll give you some badge overlays to help decorate that new front bumper if you want. Just PM me.
Old Dec 14, 2006, 08:38 PM
Evolved Member

how about gap insurance ?did you purchased it when you bought the car? please tell me you did .

but still the insurance company still need to contact you by phone or something before they change something tru your account.feel sorry for what happened.

Last edited by evo_tiago; Dec 14, 2006 at 08:42 PM. Reason: added few more words.
Old Jan 25, 2007, 05:07 PM
Evolved Member

Exclamation

UPDATE

... ill make this very short and to the point.

Will after 2 long months of being lancer-less im happy and please to say I should have her back by saturday afternoon, ! I was getting fustrated with not having my car and it was just sitting at the bodyshop and insurance was not gonna pay and I had to do something. They bodyshop was going to charge me storage fee if I didnt pay to have it fix or removed immediatly. I decided to manup and look around for a bodyshop that could take my car in and give me a reasonable price.

One of the employees at my job was in a accident a year ago and his accord got wreck pretty bad. He give me the shop he went to and told me they are very good as his accord is really really OEM like after the wreck. I drop it off at the shop last wednesday. Just telling the guy over the phone the damage of my car he estimated $2900, ouch... , but said "it could be more or less, I need to see the car". After I brought it to the shop, the estimate jump and finally totally $4453.30, . So I had to come out pocket, can't say im happy (wallet = pwned) but it's my own fault and I need my lancer back, no way of going around that. That money was going to my IX fund, but no more IX now, . My car is being painted tommorow morning and should be ready by saturday 12:00 noon.

Im very excited to being driving stick again as auto is boring and to sedate for me. I need some shifting in my life, . I hope to still get a IX, very very soon or if not a used 05 VIII.

Old Jan 25, 2007, 05:35 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Arithmetic
UPDATE

... ill make this very short and to the point.

Will after 2 long months of being lancer-less im happy and please to say I should have her back by saturday afternoon, ! I was getting fustrated with not having my car and it was just sitting at the bodyshop and insurance was not gonna pay and I had to do something. They bodyshop was going to charge me storage fee if I didnt pay to have it fix or removed immediatly. I decided to manup and look around for a bodyshop that could take my car in and give me a reasonable price.

One of the employees at my job was in a accident a year ago and his accord got wreck pretty bad. He give me the shop he went to and told me they are very good as his accord is really really OEM like after the wreck. I drop it off at the shop last wednesday. Just telling the guy over the phone the damage of my car he estimated $2900, ouch... , but said "it could be more or less, I need to see the car". After I brought it to the shop, the estimate jump and finally totally $4453.30, . So I had to come out pocket, can't say im happy (wallet = pwned) but it's my own fault and I need my lancer back, no way of going around that. That money was going to my IX fund, but no more IX now, . My car is being painted tommorow morning and should be ready by saturday 12:00 noon.

Im very excited to being driving stick again as auto is boring and to sedate for me. I need some shifting in my life, . I hope to still get a IX, very very soon or if not a used 05 VIII.

Good to here your gettin your car back. Pics are a must of course...lol
Old Jan 25, 2007, 05:40 PM
Evolved Member

damn that sucks but are you making in look like stock?
Old Jan 25, 2007, 06:00 PM
Evolving Member

dang mike, sorry to hear what happened to you.
Old Jan 25, 2007, 09:01 PM
Evolved Member

^^^ OMG, a manny sighting, dude where have you been? Havent seen or heard from you in a looooooooooooooong time.

Yeah, ill post pics once I get it back and it will be stock looking as im not into bodykits and such.
Old Jan 27, 2007, 11:08 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I didnt think that they would be able to fix your car. It sucks you have to pay for it to be fixed though... I hope it comes out better then new!!! Dont forget to post pictures as soon as you get it back.
Old Jan 27, 2007, 08:35 PM
Evolved Member

good to hear your going to be back in your ra again. just curious though...how fast did you take that turn?
Old Jan 29, 2007, 12:49 PM
Evolved Member

Wow...Mike, first off....glad you're ok and glad your getting your RA back. Secondly, you were pretty lucky with the amount of damage on a roll over. I've seen some REALY horible things happen in those kind of accidents.

Sucks you had to pay out all that coin but at least you finally got your car back.

I still miss mine at times.