Notices

RRM CAI carb legal?

Old Feb 3, 2007, 10:40 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well i didn't get any ticket or anything i just thought it was pretty lame for getting my hood popped
Old Feb 6, 2007, 08:38 AM
Evolving Member

I have had a cop look under my hood and my Injen has the CARB on it and said it was fine. But what I suggested to my friend who owns a Kia Spectra who had an unmarked CAI and I told him just to put the sticker that came with the AEM bypass and just make it seem like its from the intake. and what do you know, it fools em! I guess you can give this a try... I would if I didnt have an Injen!
Old Feb 6, 2007, 08:20 PM
Evolving Member

well i have an aem intake.. i don't know why the intake itself wouldn't come with one.. but the bypass valve does?
Old Feb 6, 2007, 09:27 PM
Evolving Member

yeah its a mini sticker that comes with it. its one of those metal sticker thingies that is supposed to withstand the heat from the engine bay.
Old Feb 6, 2007, 09:43 PM
Evolving Member

hmm.. man that's a lot just for a sticker. cause i have rrm cai and it's one piece. so i wouldn't even be able to use the bypass valve.. and the valve goes for i think 70..
Old Feb 7, 2007, 12:28 PM
Evolving Member

holy wow 70!? man I can get them for like 30 bucks at most!
Old Feb 7, 2007, 12:30 PM
Evolving Member

hmm how far's victorville from riverside? your car look sick i wanna check it out.. are there any lancer meets around?
Old Feb 7, 2007, 12:54 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Starlite Demon
holy wow 70!? man I can get them for like 30 bucks at most!
where at? I need one, but I dont know where to look. I have been pulled over a couple times here in florida, and they never asked me to pop my hood. Good thing for me, but cant you refuse?
Old Feb 7, 2007, 01:07 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mitsumivec
hmm how far's victorville from riverside? your car look sick i wanna check it out.. are there any lancer meets around?
man maybe like a 30-40 min drive. not too far what so ever. -lol-if you want you should come up this fri since we have a "cruise nights" and I put it in " " since everyone just chills around and some of them due stupid @ss burnouts and gets us kicked out by the cops. but we just chill and its just a thing to do on a fri night. Arithmetic should be there, he usually is, and I will be there this fri since Im free! yay! we got a small high desert lancer crew.. dunno how its fairing out now since I havnt been there in a while -lol- but yeah if you have any questions just ask!
Old Feb 7, 2007, 01:22 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by RalliArtChink
where at? I need one, but I dont know where to look. I have been pulled over a couple times here in florida, and they never asked me to pop my hood. Good thing for me, but cant you refuse?
If you refuse at that moment they will tow your car, put it at some yard, then pop the hood. then whatever you got you get fined and you have to pay for towing fees and how long your car was at the yard. Keep a low pro, dont do stupid crap and a cop has no justifiable reason to look under your hood. also racing stickers on your car (like mine -lol-) is a sure fire way, and a justifiable reason, if a cop wants to be a @ss, to look under your hood. Happend to me so heres a story:
I was hit by a white Mercedes and I called a sheriff over for the accident. You shoulda looked on the guys face after I told him I just graduated from a Sheriffs course, man did he shut up -lol- Well the cop came by and he looked at my stickers on my back window and says "you know I can fine you if you have any illegal parts under the hood" he gave me a "free" inspection and looked at the injen and showed it was carb legal. he said "doin it legel then eh?" and I like "yes Sir never put anything illegal in my car.." -lol- he then figured my exhaust was legal since I had a legal intake. Im glad he didt see that I had no cat, my S-AFC in the dash and just hear my car otherwise I would be in deep ****. -lol-
Old Feb 7, 2007, 09:53 PM
Evolving Member

yeah i got pulled just turning at a light and i went into the gas station right after that's when i got pulled, but they just wanted to be like asses.