Notices

any reason why this wont work

Old May 31, 2011, 07:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Apparently the 2.0 4g94 from the UK is another option. Once the software is out there will be lots of options for this engine...\i know i know when its out...hack is working on it and from what i have heard its in the last stages.
Old May 31, 2011, 07:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
Hack's doing work on the 4G94 as well? I also have one of those ...has he had a chance to have a peek at the 4b11 ECU?
Old May 31, 2011, 07:56 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK
Hack's doing work on the 4G94 as well? I also have one of those ...has he had a chance to have a peek at the 4b11 ECU?

it the 4g94 from the UK. we have tuned the 4b11 and 4b12 a number of times but we have an agreement WORKS Motorsports we will be using their tunes. Although we will be developing the turbo flash for the upcoming kit....shhhhh...oh did i say that out loud?
Old May 31, 2011, 08:53 PM
Evolved Member

i didn't hear anything...

I was not sure, a friend of mine (DSM guy that's helping me with my turbo project) asked me about tuning a 4B11 for another member on club DSM canada, so i gave him the number for the shop, and mike's email. Never heard back from the guy, so i wasn't sure if he'd contacted you guys.

I'm hoping to be boosted by the end of july, cause i get 2 weeks off to do it, i'll get a hold of mike when the time comes, cause i would like to get dyno tuned, but i gotta figure out how i can get the car up there once it's all put together. Right now i'm really excited to see how the LSD feels with near-stock power.

sorry to OP for thread jack
Old Jun 15, 2011, 09:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So is this possible? What are the biggest problems someone would run into?
Old Jun 25, 2011, 07:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by $MIVEC$
This has been done here in PR. The 4g69 swaps here are very common and since there is a reflash for the mirages they can get pretty good numbers with our engines while using the 1.8L mirage LS ECU.

I know there are also some RA's here with the ECU swap done but 200hp without bolt on is a bold claim.

The second link(nigh-warriors) is a local forum here and they have many people with the 4g69 swap done.

And yea its simple if you know what your doing :P

Note: be aware of what mirage ECU you are going to use not all USDM ECU's can have the same reflash options.
Hi I have two projects that I am doing at the moment and they both are involving the 4G69 engine first is using the standard chassis (RA) which is were the original question came from and will be used - maybe?? but it all depends upon what can be offered in the way of a relash of a '69 ecu or if I go for the more time involved return lines throttle cable intake mods etc etc...

The second project is using the '69 into a Mirage 2 door coupe - I have pretty much all the parts here ready to go just waiting on the engine wire loom to be finished - I had sent a ECU to a young gentleman in PR to do the reflash for me nothing over the top but just enough to get the engine to run .... if I can get the car to start and drive I will then go the next step and get the Haltech tuned to do the rest of the finer tuning.

But you are correct there is a big difference in ecu's to be used for this swap pre 2001 is ideal - the parts needed for this swap is extensive - engine mount - camshaft cylinder (modified) crank sensor - crank sensor wheel - fuel rail - throttle body... there is probably more but I would have to go thru my box of goodies to list them all, I am also hoping to swap out the brake system including ABS... and maybe shocks?
This project will not be a quick and easy one I am taking my time because I am also looking at doing a small amount of port work on the head.
i also have a evo 8 intake manilfold which I will see if I can get that to work as well not sure if the ports match up very well but apparently it is possible my main concern with this is the injectors...

Thank you all for your input. All questions are very much appriciated as it may bring up Q's that I have not thought of.

Hey just a thought I would ask the question what has happened to the Mirage Performance forum have they closed down.. can't seem to log on keep on getting forbidden 403??
Old Jun 25, 2011, 08:40 PM
Evolved Member

Why not once the car is running just have a the ecu fine tuned versus running a haltech?
Old May 26, 2012, 04:52 PM
Evolved Member

i know this is an old thread but i was wondering if the evo 8 ecu could get hooked up to our cars for a re-tune as i need one so the car can run better.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 05:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by deathsythe99
i know this is an old thread but i was wondering if the evo 8 ecu could get hooked up to our cars for a re-tune as i need one so the car can run better.
I just stumbled on this thread, for the EXACT same reason...

I"m doing a bit of research, cuz i'm almost ready to get my project back in full swing. I found out that evo guys are using our 4g69's and putting them in their evo's. I"m finding out as i type this, what they are doing to their ecu's to make OUR motor, work in their car. If we just use THEIR brains, and put it in OUR car, this could be the best fix imaginable for us ralliart folk.

I maybe be 2 years behind here lol. PLease bear with me, i took 2-3 years off the ralliart scene to do some **** i had to do to my new place. lemme know what you guys think on an evo 8 or evo 9 ecu in our cars.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 09:48 PM
Evolved Member

i didn't think evo 8's had mivec...that might be a problem, that's what makes this motor have a nice balance of torque and power...
Old Jun 25, 2012, 09:53 AM
Evolving Member

If your talking about writing modern evo's ROMs into our ECU, you will brick your RA ECU. There's no issue with having an ECU that doesn't have MIVEC in it. The Mirage LS doesn't have MIVEC, it is activated separately when you have the LS ECU on the RA. I'm a bit skeptical on the whole 4g69 using the evo8 ROM. Has this been actually done?

The issue is the family of ECU's ROM you are using to write into the ECU you want to make the reflash. The 4g69 LS swap works because the LS ECU is re-writable with another ROM without conflict, a fully developed code for it I might add. There are many sites that offer "open source" ROMs that are fully writable for subbies, evos, etc unfortunately the RA ROM is not completed publicly. I did a lot of research on this because no one will share their reflashing secret with cars with so little aftermarket. I put it on hold half way because I don't have many LS ECU to test or eventually brick testing. Reflashing your own ECU is not rocket science if you have the completed writable ROM and the correct tactrix cable, ECUflash and Evoscan.

I will try to research and check again if any breakthrough on the interwebz has been done for our family of ECU that is available on opensource ROM sites. Last time I checked the outlander was almost on the brink of being flashed by some euro dude.

Last edited by $MIVEC$; Jun 25, 2012 at 10:30 AM.