Notices

Done anything to your RA?

Old Jan 22, 2004, 09:27 AM
Dew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First mod I do to mine will prob be on the interior, because I really don't race it, but I do drive it. I'm going to get an In-Dash DVD player with screen, but atm, the only company I've found who makes an in-dash screen with a built in DVD/CD player is Pioneer. Does anyone else know who makes an in-dash screen with a dvd player as one piece?
Old Jan 22, 2004, 09:32 AM
Evolved Member

I've got the Mitsu Exhaust tip on the RA. So far, that's it, which isn't too bad for 5 days of ownership. I will probably not mod this out as much as I did my previous ride, but I am looking into the possibility of swapping the Infinity Sub with a JL that I have at home.
Old Jan 22, 2004, 10:20 AM
Evolving Member

ya, there are lots of factors too that affect the way horsepower is measured
Old Jan 22, 2004, 11:42 AM
Evolved Member

So far all I've done is tinted the windows 5%, dropped in a Pioneer 7500 MP3 player with 4 Polk Audio Momo 6 1/2's and added Kenwood Tweeters. I also have RA red shoulder pads for the seat belts.

<where can I find coilovers for the RA> Someone above said there's about 10 companies that make coilovers for the RA already and I have yet to find a company making anything for the RA other then accolade and RRM.

I too plan on buying RRM's CAI along with getting Greddy catback exhaust. I'm also going to purchase a B&M short shifter ASAP as well. But I'm 20, not rich, and I don't live at home with mommy and daddy so It all takes time. Especially with my car payment being 436 a month.
Old Jan 22, 2004, 11:49 AM
Evolving Member

I am 21, own a 91' Sonoma lowrider, been out since I was 18, absolutley no help from mom and dad either and 100% proud of it. Skunk 2 coilovers I have heard different stories but do your homework first. If you have friends with a similar car maybe see how the ride quality of the kit they're packin is. Compare and then make a decision! Trust me already been there with the truck. No compromise for quality.
Old Jan 22, 2004, 11:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Dew
First mod I do to mine will prob be on the interior, because I really don't race it, but I do drive it. I'm going to get an In-Dash DVD player with screen, but atm, the only company I've found who makes an in-dash screen with a built in DVD/CD player is Pioneer. Does anyone else know who makes an in-dash screen with a dvd player as one piece?
i think kenwood make them, clarion, but i prefer pioneer
Old Jan 22, 2004, 02:07 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Dew
I had a Panasonic in my OZ....Loved it worked great.....check it out at crutchfield.... http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S...=0&cc=01&avf=N ...also i got mine on ebay for under 1000 and it was brand new, not refurb'd and worked perfect......this unit has a 7"inch screen, plays mp3's on cd, cd's, dvd's, tv tuner, and you could add navigation.....one more thing....the only thing seperate is a main brain which all in dash tv's will have....
Old Jan 22, 2004, 07:40 PM

If your looking for tein coil overs they got those, i was thinking of getting those but i didnt want to pay 850$
Old Jan 22, 2004, 08:19 PM
Evolving Member

tein makes COs for the RA?
Old Jan 23, 2004, 12:30 AM

yeah my buddy said they did, he works at one of the car shops around here and was gonna order them for me, but i wasnt looking to pay that much
Old Jan 23, 2004, 08:41 AM
Evolving Member

I went to tein's site, H&R site, JIC site and not one of these companies makes coilovers for the RA(at least it isn't on their site). H&R made lowering springs. But I think maybe your buddy is just saying they make some that will fit the RA, but I don't trust fitment when something is not developed strictly for the car I am buying it for. I can wait a little bit for any mods anyways. It doesn't seem necessary to start modding right away because you really have no idea what you need to try and change to get the response you'd like. So I will wait until I have a chance to track my car, or hit some twisties or something to really get a feel for my car.
Old Jan 23, 2004, 11:44 PM

Yeah i dont think there is any companies that make coil overs stricktly for the ralliart yet, but there all some that work like skunk 2, tein , R1 and a few others. Does anyone know if AEM is gonna make a CAI for the RA any time soon? I know RRM makes a CAI for the RA but ive always been a fan of AEM
Old Jan 25, 2004, 10:34 AM
Evolving Member

So far I took off all of the emblems and have replaced them with Red ones....put side Ralliart emblems on. Painted the front grill the same color as the car to match. Tint, carstarter, shift knob and ordered aluminum floor mats...but havn't come in yet....(over a month waiting)? Last, just put in a custom intake made by my shop.....next mods are cat-back exhaust, ECU, and maybe suspension.

Last edited by T.O. Rallisport; Jan 25, 2004 at 10:37 AM.
Old Feb 4, 2004, 03:47 PM
Evolving Member

Exhaust is done....next mods headers, ecu and suspension
Old Feb 4, 2004, 05:11 PM
Evolved Member

Which exhaust setup did you end up getting? Did you end up spending all that money on the Ultimate Racing cat back or did you just end up with custom cat-back or even the axle back? Do you like it?

Search this Thread