Notices

obx headers just installed pic

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2012, 07:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by $MIVEC$
Dont worry...hes got an evo. That makes him the grammar **** and license to be a smartass

raspy and nice and deep?....I don't think that was possible

please do take a vid would like to hear the setup you have.

not on my thread ill be a smartass all day

well at idle its not raspy above 3k -5k its raspy. 5k-6.5k its all cai sound
but taking of in 2nd at 4k is so much fun you just glide through 3rd straight to 4th i tried it
Old Apr 9, 2012, 08:19 PM
Evolving Member

Look and sound great david!.....now for potential cracking, I would suggest coating them! we have allen with the new powder coat set up so there you go.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 04:25 AM
Evolved Member

There are two danger zones with buying lower quality exhaust components. Wrapping them and using the supporting bolts, gaskets, etc. that come with them. The cost of that good is cheaper for a specific reason. It very well may give you certain performance, but there most likely is a durability trade off.

I'd honestly say don't wrap it, maybe hit it with a light coat high temp paint to protect it from the elements.

Get some high temp gaskets from Vibrant. The moment you hold those in your hand vs the stuff you got with the header you'll tell yourself you've be sleeping with the ugly girl....that big of difference.

I also may very well be talking out my ***
Old Apr 10, 2012, 04:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
+1 for vibrant gaskets...i used these on my downpipe...
Old Apr 10, 2012, 11:15 AM
Evolved Member

Just called for new gaskets ill getem by the end of the week
Old Apr 10, 2012, 07:06 PM
Evolved Member

ok so i shot video with my phone. sounds different compared to standing next to the car but i plan on getting new exhaust and resonator here are the links to what i want and probably gonna order this week.

exhaust
http://vibrantperformance.com/catalo...products_id=49

resonator
http://vibrantperformance.com/catalo...roducts_id=289
Old Apr 11, 2012, 06:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Travolous
Obx makes good stuff, and the products come with lifetime guarantees. That's always a plus
Lies...they ripp off good products and sell them at a reduced cost because of the ripped off designs requiring no R&D, and probably lower quality materials...
Old Apr 11, 2012, 07:45 AM
Evolving Member

If anyone cares to listen...I recorded some driving its about 2 mins long just audio though. It's close to what my exhaust sounds like IRL except some of the rasp is toned down. Oh and you get to hear the Mivec crossover sound with the deltacam grind.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 07:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Glad you like them bro. Ive been debating on getting a set myself. Still on the fence but this makes me really wanna just go for it and order them. haha! Do you just have the straight pipe and exhaust? If so whats the sound like? Im afraid of it sounding like a honda kid's car with a fart can ebay exhaust... I like the deep rumble my stock pipe and borla CF muffler have, I just wish it was a bit louder.

EDIT :: Nvm a vid was posted just as I posted haha. It sounds pretty nice actually!

Last edited by bakuro117; Apr 11, 2012 at 07:51 AM.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 08:14 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK
Lies...they ripp off good products and sell them at a reduced cost because of the ripped off designs requiring no R&D, and probably lower quality materials...
^this....nonetheless they have a pretty good business model. I'll keep this from being a bashing OBX/ OP's new purchase segment.

I've always thought about buying OBX's or RPW's header, but I've abstained b'c the stock manifold/RRM downpipe gives me a pretty good powerband. A high tq band which is great for auto cross.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 08:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ralliartize It
^this....nonetheless they have a pretty good business model. I'll keep this from being a bashing OBX/ OP's new purchase segment.

I've always thought about buying OBX's or RPW's header, but I've abstained b'c the stock manifold/RRM downpipe gives me a pretty good powerband. A high tq band which is great for auto cross.
i think our stock header is really good, better than most cars...look at the eclipse GS, they have catalyst is their exhaust manifold...gross...
Old Apr 11, 2012, 10:37 AM
Evolved Member

i think our stock header is really good, better than most cars...look at the eclipse GS, they have catalyst is their exhaust manifold...gross...
While I was an active Club 4G member I brought forth the idea of using our stock header and retro-fitting it to the 4G Eclipse. Reason being was that a lot of guys were twiddling their thumbs waiting for RRM to release another header batch.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 08:31 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Darewood
If anyone cares to listen...I recorded some driving its about 2 mins long just audio though. It's close to what my exhaust sounds like IRL except some of the rasp is toned down. Oh and you get to hear the Mivec crossover sound with the deltacam grind.
i didnt hear any raspiness...

cat with no resonator?

edit: btw doing some searching around i read on an old topic that a member who installed the obx hd/dp had these issues....

Hey guys! I know it's a bit late for this, but here it is anyway...
I bought the 4G69 OBX Headers from eBay and here are the issues that I found:
1. The header is exactly the same as RRM's, same design, same parts, but it's not ceramic coated. I've had mine for a couple of months now and I've seen no rust on any part of it.
2. The O2 Sensor positions are completely wrong. I had to take it to a muffler shop to add another O2 Sensor hole so that I could place the second O2 Sensor where it should go. The first hole in the OBX Header sits too damn close to the engine block making it impossible to even think about placing an O2 Sensor there.
3. Same as RRM's, the OBX is a 4-1 header design. If you have suspension (as I do), you'll scratch it on the pavement because it sits about 1 inch below the crossmember.
4. I had to remove the condenser fan because the header didn't fit between the fan and the engine so that it could be mounted.
Did you have this issue with the install

Last edited by $MIVEC$; Apr 11, 2012 at 08:59 PM.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 09:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by $MIVEC$
Did you have this issue with the install
should be room if you install it from under the car...
Old Apr 11, 2012, 10:59 PM
Evolving Member

should be room if you install it from under the car...
thats what i though but people do come up with the weirdest things. Some have said "remove the bumper to install CAI"....

I was just curious about it since its supposed to be a non hassle install. Its like saying remove front tires to change parking lights

Quick Reply: obx headers just installed pic