Notices

04 ralliart parts

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2013, 08:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 ralliart parts

i just got myself into an 04 ralliart sport.., i love it..!! and im looking forward to possibly upgrading.., i am having trouble finding aftermarket performance parts for it.., most places have parts for ralliart 08 and up.., others have 04 lancer ES LS OZ.., is there a difference in fitting on an ES LS OZ and ralliart?? do i just keep to the same engine size 2.4L..?? please help..!!
Old Sep 9, 2013, 09:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
what are you looking for?
Old Sep 9, 2013, 02:45 PM

where do I start?? many a thing.., head gasket kit., big brake kit., cat back exhaust., performance clutch., intercooler., cold air intake., suspension upgrades., mostly I want to shop around and see what is out there., every time I investigate I get a hit and a miss.., I looked on JEGS and they have about three things for my car.., AMS has only for the 09 and up.., how different are the 04 and the 09 when it comes to upgrades?? how different are the 04 ralliart and the 04 ES LS OZ??
Old Sep 9, 2013, 03:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by talwelsh
where do I start?? many a thing.., head gasket kit., big brake kit., cat back exhaust., performance clutch., intercooler., cold air intake., suspension upgrades., mostly I want to shop around and see what is out there., every time I investigate I get a hit and a miss.., I looked on JEGS and they have about three things for my car.., AMS has only for the 09 and up.., how different are the 04 and the 09 when it comes to upgrades?? how different are the 04 ralliart and the 04 ES LS OZ??
First of all, it seems like you're just looking to throw money at the car, cause you're excited to own it, which is ok, but you need to have a purpose for the car, or what you're doing comes off as stupid. I'm not trying to be a dick, i'm just saying, your list of stuff you want doesn't make very much sense...so i'll start by asking why you want an intercooler for a naturally aspirated engine? head gasket kit you can buy OEM, it always nice to have a spare. Cold air intake and cat back will make the engine louder, and should open it up a tad, though I feel it's not really necessary, and a proper tune will do more good than both of those combined, but all 3 should yield a noticeable gain. Start with a tune up (replace air filter (or install cold air), spark plugs, check for leaks, change oils etc.), and some maintenance, like check all your bushings and linkages, like tie rod ends and ball joints, Also you want to know how old your timing belt and water pump are, if you don't know, you should have a peak at it, and replace it if it's worn. For Brakes, get some nice rotors, and a more aggressive pad with some racing DOT 4 and the car will have plenty of braking power. I race quite often with OEM rotors and calipers. Suspension is by far the first thing you should do...you need to choose whether you're going with struts and springs, or full coilover...once the car handles, and you learn the car, then add power. A performance clutch is only necessary to hold more torque, and there's nothing you can bolt on, short of nitrous that will require a stronger clutch...but a stage 1 does feel better, but only really required for boost, i.e. turbo, super or nitrous.

read these forums for part numbers and where to get them...though if you hate your money and want to get rid of it fast, you can go to roadracemotorsports.com

Last edited by CrAnSwIcK; Sep 9, 2013 at 03:17 PM.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 03:38 PM

I really want it to be a sleeper., I would rather have power and stamina than looks., I like the sound of the newer EVOs and would like a little rumble., a clean easy flow through the motor would suit me., can you improve fuel efficiency when upgrading the Lancer?? First thing to do is a tune-up I agree., and that is first on the list., I will read through the forums and get some part numbers., thank you.., you'll definitely be hearing from me again.!!
Old Sep 20, 2013, 03:43 PM

http://roadracemotorsports.com/store...ndex&cPath=1_5

Road Race Motorsports is a tuning garage that specializes in the lancers/evos/ralliarts etc.

Got ninja'd above. I personally don't mind paying the extra bit of $$$ to have specialized parts for the car.

Last edited by NuzzoKnows; Sep 20, 2013 at 03:45 PM.
Old Sep 20, 2013, 07:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by NuzzoKnows
http://roadracemotorsports.com/store...ndex&cPath=1_5

Road Race Motorsports is a tuning garage that specializes in the lancers/evos/ralliarts etc.

Got ninja'd above. I personally don't mind paying the extra bit of $$$ to have specialized parts for the car.
specialized? name one....
Old Sep 21, 2013, 06:18 AM

i checked out that site., nothing in particular stood out enough for me to quote it back though., im growing fond of andys auto sport., they give small video tutorials about certain things., like the difference between exhaust manifold and hedders., which ones are made of what and what the purpose of such material is., and how to install., then he takes it to down pipes., cat convert., exhaust pipe., muffler., and so forth., its cool., have you been to the site?
Old Sep 21, 2013, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by talwelsh
i checked out that site., nothing in particular stood out enough for me to quote it back though., im growing fond of andys auto sport., they give small video tutorials about certain things., like the difference between exhaust manifold and hedders., which ones are made of what and what the purpose of such material is., and how to install., then he takes it to down pipes., cat convert., exhaust pipe., muffler., and so forth., its cool., have you been to the site?
Don't order from AAS, I haven't myself personally, but I've heard too many horror stories that whenever people even consider it I cringe. One of my friends lost $800 on a CF hood they said was back-ordered from manufacturer (they're a middle man, they don't actually have any of the parts in stock) then never shipped.
Old Sep 21, 2013, 02:26 PM
EvoM Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Listen to mirrorseyes, they ARE just middlemen. Once they get off the phone with you they call who ever you should of called in the first place
Old Sep 21, 2013, 02:33 PM
Evolved Member

OP, are you in CT?
Old Sep 21, 2013, 02:45 PM
EvoM Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
And RRM is backing away from the 4g69 platform they haven't been a sponsor here for about a year now. And I agree with crams , good luck with those specialized parts lol
Old Sep 21, 2013, 05:40 PM

Most auto parts websites such as AAS are just middlemen, and even at that they have a very small selection of parts for the vehicle in question. RRM has parts that are guaranteed to fit the vehicle and cover all of the bolt on mods and even a forced induction kit. I have searched the internet RRM has the best selection of parts for the 4g69 that I have found so far. No one has really helped the OP so your opinions are kind of moot.
Old Sep 21, 2013, 06:43 PM
Evolved Member

if you need a one-stop shop website to figure out what you want for your car, there's a problem arising already...

This forum is a great place, to not only get information on what parts you might need or want, but also the part numbers, so you can shop around to get the best price, and also get reviews of the parts from the people using them, not the people trying to sell it to you...

it seems people forget how to go to a manufacturer's website, pull a part number from their application catalogue, and then see who their authorized dealers are, who will be selling the price at the MSRP quoted in the catalogue, not a grossly inflated price for the sake convenience, and lack of competition...

Last edited by CrAnSwIcK; Sep 21, 2013 at 06:45 PM.
Old Oct 3, 2013, 10:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Garrett, been a little while!

I'm looking to do a complete brake job, calipers, rotors, pads, and lines...any suggestions? I've used RockAuto for OEM calipers and EBC for dimpled/slotted rotors and yellow stuff pads in the past. Red stuff is my preference now (yellows are WAY too dirty) and the same rotors if I choose to stay with these. I'm looking to be mostly on the streets and an occasional visit to the tracks on weekends. Any upgrades available for the calipers out there that are reasonably priced?

Quick Reply: 04 ralliart parts