Notices

04-06 Ralliartist General Discussion Thread

Old Jan 11, 2016, 05:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart Sportback (4dr wagon)

Looking for EVERYTHING.
Parts. Info. Forums. Facebook groups.
I have a 2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart Sportback (wagon). Color: Lightning Yellow. Previous owner smashed the corners up a good bit.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 06:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by jEnNaCiDe
Looking for EVERYTHING.
I have a 2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart Sportback (wagon). Color: Lightning Yellow. Previous owner smashed the corners up a good bit.
Jen,

This is Gary, the owner of the 1917 - 2006 Lancer page on FB! Good to see you here, for you've found an incredible source for Mitsubishis. I hope you have as much success as I have over the past nearly four years!
Old Jan 11, 2016, 06:47 PM
Evolved Member

Looking for EVERYTHING.
As far as your bumper, I'd salvage that and concentrate on the right front quarter panel. Not sure, do you want to stay stock appearance with your body parts or aftermarket? There are plenty of aftermarket options for your front lip.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 07:17 PM
Evolved Member

Looking for EVERYTHING.

Last edited by truthdweller; Jan 11, 2016 at 07:27 PM.
Old Jan 12, 2016, 04:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OUCH...

if it were me I'd just go find a new fender and bumpers and worry about the lips later...
maybe even go w/ a base model bumper set so there's no lip to worry about for now...

luckily that headlight isn't broken...
it looks like it got a whack pretty close to it..

ps congrats on getting an RA..
and welcome to the forum..
im sure you'll have fun with it...(even in stock form if you decide to keep it that way)
Old Jan 19, 2016, 06:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Owwwww....

Good luck bringing it back to life. I love seeing restoration threads!

------

Havent posted here in a while. Had to spend a couple days last week working on my RA. It got pretty darn cold last week and I guess there wasnt enough antifreeze in the system so the radiator popped, and was leaking everywhere. Popped while my wife was taking her sister to school. I ended up spending a whole day figuring out how to best fix the problem. Ended up using the manual version of the radiator from my green lancer, buying an external tranny cooler, and replacing the thermostat (turned out to be unnecessary), and another upper radiator hose (because the one with the temp sensor in it was leaking I guess it was damaged by all the heat somehow). But she's fixed and back on the road now. Kinda funny I wanted an external cooler all the time I had the ralliart and it took a mandatory fix for me to actually put one in... lol
Old Jan 19, 2016, 08:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We've got a primered fender on the way. Only paint code I've been able to find is Y01 Lightning Yellow.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 07:37 PM
Evolved Member

We've got a primered fender on the way. Only paint code I've been able to find is Y01 Lightning Yellow.
That the Duraflex you found? FYI, the paint shop will more than likely tell you that it'll need a little extra "TLC" than normal cause its surface is more porous than others...unless you're doing it yourself.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 06:30 AM
Evolved Member

So guys. Whats been goin on? How's everyone's RAs?

Wife has been driving mine most of the winter. Had the radiator freeze up and bust on her one morning. Replaced it with with one from the green RA and put an external oil cooler on it. Also noticed a small spot of rust developing under the paint on that tiny piece of the rear fender between the back door and the wheel well... yay... Other than that she's made it through the winter so far like a champ! Still thinking I am going to try to sell her as soon as the Evo is fixed and running well. It'll be sad to see her go... :/ I was hoping I could talk my wife into keeping it and selling her beetle... LOL
Old Feb 16, 2016, 10:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bakuro117
So guys. Whats been goin on? How's everyone's RAs?

Wife has been driving mine most of the winter. Had the radiator freeze up and bust on her one morning. Replaced it with with one from the green RA and put an external oil cooler on it. Also noticed a small spot of rust developing under the paint on that tiny piece of the rear fender between the back door and the wheel well... yay... Other than that she's made it through the winter so far like a champ! Still thinking I am going to try to sell her as soon as the Evo is fixed and running well. It'll be sad to see her go... :/ I was hoping I could talk my wife into keeping it and selling her beetle... LOL
Whats going on with the Evo? Sorry if you posted somewhere else, I don't look in the Evo 8/9 section only the Evo X section.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 10:49 AM
Evolved Member

Still have a small leak after using that aluminized stop leak stuff in my radiator...finally found a boost sensor on Amazon for $50, waiting for that to come in...still need to fix this "blue screen" issue with my laptop so I can address the hiccup I'm having at 6000+ WOT...need four new tires...having Mitsubishi finish up/replace the (5) or so bulbs that "coincidentally" went out on my dash when I had the airbag recall done, tomorrow...what else?

Oh, inquiring right now on having two upgraded CV Axles built, but need the casting numbers in the joint. If anyone has them, that would be awesome!
Old Feb 16, 2016, 11:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mikemike396
Whats going on with the Evo? Sorry if you posted somewhere else, I don't look in the Evo 8/9 section only the Evo X section.
Nah your fine. Im honestly about to make a thread for it here in the RA group... The Evo 8/9 crowd are pretty stiff...

Im pretty much waiting on the weather to break so I can get out there and work on it. I have all the parts now I just have to do all the work to put it all together. Going ahead with the balance shaft delete so I have to get the front case off to finish that. Ive already deleted all the EGR stuff and plugged up the intake manifold. I rebuilt my turbo but i think the heat shield behind the turbine is too big or something. It doesnt quite fit back into the housing... Also discovered the car had Tomei cams, and Evo 8 pistons for some reason. Bottom end is stock though...

IDK... its been a journey for sure. I'll be happy to get it all back together. I miss it bad.

How's your X doing?
Old Feb 16, 2016, 05:42 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Not too shabby. I've been pretty busy with school and just got a co-op position so yay more funds for the Ralliart.

Speaking of the Ralliart, I gotta order some maintenance related parts from the US:

Fan Control Module
EVO 8 wing gasket and screws

Hopefully I can score that set rims off a FC rx7 and modify the center bore. Oh and it needs another alignment as well since my tires rub and the stock lip scrapes when going through dips at a high rate of speed.

I'm getting terrible fuel economy though. I've roughly used a 3/8 of a tank but went only 140km in the city while granny shifting at around 2-2.5k. I need figure out why I'm getting such awful mileage.

For those of you with Hackish's reflash or UDP, did you get better fuel economy than before? Is there an option with the reflash to use only 87 octane fuel?

Last edited by jcmaz; Feb 16, 2016 at 06:47 PM.
Old Feb 23, 2016, 12:09 AM
Evolved Member

For those of you with Hackish's reflash or UDP, did you get better fuel economy than before? Is there an option with the reflash to use only 87 octane fuel?
Don't know if you're turbo, but after the initial (7) psi tune from hackish, I logged (24) mpg city, and 31 mpg hwy, twice, across the country to San Diego, and back to New Jersey on it. Although a VERY conservative tune, after learning that I could lean out the fuel maps and increase boost to 10 - 12 psi, that fuel mileage went down the tubes. I haven't taken any long trips since then, so I don't know what I'm getting on the hwy, but around the city, I'm getting from 15 - 17 mpg and that's after hammering on it all the time...just can't help feeling that pull. I don't recall any mpg change after receiving the hackish NA tune.

As far as running 87 octane, sure you can, the tune would just need to be adjusted for that...let hackish know. Not sure why your fuel mileage is so crappy...did it take a dump after the tune...have you made any other changes?

Last edited by truthdweller; Feb 23, 2016 at 12:16 AM.
Old Feb 23, 2016, 09:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
My hackish tune is for premium fuel (91 octane). I step up to the Sunoco 94 octane (now renamed as Petro Canada?) for track days when everything runs super hot, and its only a few pennies more per litre.

Hmm, a reflash is done to enable the ECU to recognize bolt-on engine mods and to optimize fuelling and timing for such. Our normally aspirated engines can only be brought up to a noticable horsepower increase by adding up all the rather small increments that each mod gives, so every little bit matters. I'm assuming you are not turboed. So why bother with a reflash if you're going to strangle potential gains by tuning for puddle water?

Probably the minimal seat-of-the-pants feel you'll get by running an 87 octane tune wouldn't be worth all the mod hardware and reflash costs. Or maybe you have other reasons for it, this is just my 2 cents.

p.s. the underdrive pulley's effect isn't really noticable on its own, but again it's a little mod that adds up with the others.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 04-06 Ralliartist General Discussion Thread