Notices

04-06 Ralliartist General Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2019, 03:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by bakuro117
My little brother has had a black 04 RA for about a year and a half now. He told me about the group and said that you have to have a picture of your Ralliart as your profile background or they won't accept you. Said that he had been rejected once until he did it. I told him that I would bet money that someone I knew from EvoM is an admin and that I'd get accepted anyway. He didn't believe me. LOL
I haven't really been handling the admissions. We only ask people put their car as their cover photo so we at least can get a gist that they actually own the car and aren't just trying to get in cause they want to buy one. Dont want the base lancers in the group as its geared toward the RA cars since theres countless other regular lancer groups out there. Once you're in the group we dont care what you change your photo to after.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 07:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
LOL No we're all good. He just didn't think I would get in because I didn't have a picture of an RA as my banner. I have my Evo instead. Still got in though.

I wish the forums were still active though. FB groups are ok but I miss getting updates in people's build threads and the ease of finding how-tos and old posts.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 05:06 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who else is still active on here lol
Old Apr 3, 2019, 07:01 AM
Evolved Member

I check in about every day. Not much going on anymore though.

What have you been up to man?
Old Apr 5, 2019, 08:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts

So this car is quite a bit slower than my 06, so how do I tune this thing? ��

I was saving for an Evo 7, but the RA up and died on me so I needed a semi reliable daily that wasn't a complete slug, and somewhat affordable...the plan for an Evo was to buy a JDM VII and swap everything into a VIII chassis to creat in essence a VII RS2...I really don't want a RHD car and real RS2's are rare and expensive...

I sort of gave up on the forum when Photobucket turfed all my images making most of my posts useless...

Last edited by CrAnSwIcK; Apr 5, 2019 at 08:40 AM.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 04:39 PM
Evolved Member

Join the FB group I posted above. We have info on all the best tuners for the newer gen RAs because you want someone familiar with tuning the SST transmission. Cheap mods and a free GST map really open up the potential. Check the newer gen forum for that info but the car is a lot of fun.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 06:42 AM
Evolved Member

Bah! Facebook....first my hockey team, now this...I've avoided it this long...I can't just start using it now..lol... I'm a firm believer that social media is slowly deteriorating society, hahaha I want nothing to do with it...also I'm scared I'll get addicted to the dopamine hits, and I'm still bitter about it basically killing the forums...

The SST actually works really well, I thought I was going to completely hate it, but it's kind of fun and it shifts faster than I ever could... it's actually weird it kind of feels like some one else is shifting for me...like it will feel like I'm riding the clutch just a little bit on a slow take off, not like other autos where it's like nothing nothing ok we're off...its smooth and feels like a well driven manual without having to do anything. I just want a little more boost, and at least a few hundred more revs...

Raikiri, I actually bought white because when I first saw yours I liked the way it contrasted with the hood vents and grille. So what kind of hardware/interface do I need to tune this thing, is there an option for my tactrix cable or do I need to buy a Cobb?
Old Apr 6, 2019, 08:08 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK
Bah! Facebook....first my hockey team, now this...I've avoided it this long...I can't just start using it now..lol... I'm a firm believer that social media is slowly deteriorating society, hahaha I want nothing to do with it...also I'm scared I'll get addicted to the dopamine hits, and I'm still bitter about it basically killing the forums...

The SST actually works really well, I thought I was going to completely hate it, but it's kind of fun and it shifts faster than I ever could... it's actually weird it kind of feels like some one else is shifting for me...like it will feel like I'm riding the clutch just a little bit on a slow take off, not like other autos where it's like nothing nothing ok we're off...its smooth and feels like a well driven manual without having to do anything. I just want a little more boost, and at least a few hundred more revs...

Raikiri, I actually bought white because when I first saw yours I liked the way it contrasted with the hood vents and grille. So what kind of hardware/interface do I need to tune this thing, is there an option for my tactrix cable or do I need to buy a Cobb?
Tactrix 2.0 cable and a laptop is basically all you need aside from a wideband to tune the car. Stay away from Cobb and their OTS tunes as those will grenade your engine over time. I know there's a local tuner up in Canada but I forget his name. If you decide to you can always e-tune with Wasatch Turbo Factory. Great guys as they're who I'm tuning with.
https://www.wtftuned.com/

If you liked the original hood vents and the contrast, just wait until these make their final release https://www.clubspecchicago.com/prod...c-bonnet-vents

Last edited by Raikiri; Apr 6, 2019 at 08:24 AM.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 10:34 AM
Evolved Member

What software do I need for tuning?

And yeah those vents look great...
Old Apr 6, 2019, 06:42 PM
Evolved Member

What software do I need for tuning?

And yeah those vents look great...
Evoscan and EcuFlash
The following users liked this post:
CrAnSwIcK (Apr 20, 2019)
Old Apr 10, 2019, 06:25 AM
Evolved Member

I'm a firm believer that social media is slowly deteriorating society, hahaha I want nothing to do with it...also I'm scared I'll get addicted to the dopamine hits, and I'm still bitter about it basically killing the forums...
^ 100% This.

I dont mind being in FB groups and seeing updates from people but I hate that people dont update forums and record the things they do or try anymore. And the FB groups are 80% the same basic questions over and over again... Not that they werent here but we had the documentation to point them to and its so much simpler to find things here because of the structure. I miss the forums. We should revive this section a bit and start pointing people back here.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 06:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
How much would one of you charge to come to CA and help me put my RA back together lol..
Old Apr 14, 2019, 11:17 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RacerX-Ralliart
How much would one of you charge to come to CA and help me put my RA back together lol..
hahaha, how bad is it?
Old Apr 16, 2019, 07:00 AM
Evolved Member

What he said. ^

What all needs to be done?
Old May 5, 2019, 07:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bakuro117
What he said. ^

What all needs to be done?
its kinda bad.. I need to put a new input shaft seal on the transmission but I can't remember which way the seal goes.. I got a new head on so the valves need to be adjusted, and I need to put a camshaft seal on it to put the timing belt stuff on. I think my biggest problem is going to be getting it back in the car I have no idea what bolts go where it's been over three years since I've had it apart. I would give up my turbo manifold to get it back on the road

Quick Reply: 04-06 Ralliartist General Discussion Thread