Notices

2004 Lancer Ralliart Sportback to Evo wagon. How much work? What's possible?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2013, 10:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 77 Likes on 52 Posts
Talking 2004 Lancer Ralliart Sportback to Evo wagon. How much work? What's possible?

Hey I came across a Ralliart Sportback for sale the other day and I noticed it looks just like the Evo IX wagon from the rear. Obviously, the U.S. never got the wagon, so I was wondering if anyone has ever bothered converting a Ralliart Sportback to an Evo wagon? What kind of work are we looking at? Does the Evo front end bolt on? What all needs to be modded to drop the engine in? Trans? Suspension? Etc.

If you had an Evo IX parts car that was wrecked in the rear, could you make this happen easily enough?

From this:

To this:

Old Dec 16, 2013, 07:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Well... It would be no easy feat thats for sure. But I wont say its impossible.

For making a RA Sportback LOOK like an evo wagon you can look at This Thread. They are converting a regular RA into an evo look alike. They used evo fenders, headlights, bumper, and hood. And for the rear flares they used a bolt on widebody kit that was originally made for evos. So maybe you could do something similar. Im not too sure what would be involved with the rear end at that point though.

Suspension wise the evo has bigger brakes, and in the sedan the rear struts are quite a bit taller. So maybe a good set of coilovers would work for you. And the evo brembo's can be put on the car but you will need at least 17" wheels, and the front knuckles IIRC.

The engine can be put in, or an evo transmission will bolt up to the 4g69. If your looking for an AWD swap Diavlo has the most information on how to do it In This Thread. But it has as of this time not been completed by anyone as far as I know. And the 4G63 can be swapped in with a bit of work. But it has been done. I cant find a link for it at the moment. But I think there is a video on youtube of a swapped Ralliart.

It'd be a lot of work. But it would be awesome!
Old Dec 17, 2013, 04:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 77 Likes on 52 Posts
Sweet! Thanks bakuro117 for all the valuable info
Old Dec 23, 2013, 03:34 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I had an opportunity to get the entire front assembly (bumper, fenders, headlights, hood) of an EVO IX this past summer. It looked like too much work. I might test out the new welder and rent a plasma for do a widebody on my sacrificial wagon. just to see the feasibility.