Notices

How to get started in the whole 2006 ralliart buisness

Old Mar 15, 2015, 10:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to get started in the whole 2006 ralliart buisness

Hello guys,

As you probably noticed I am the biggest newb when it comes to lancers. Although my brother has a lancer I wanna buy a 2006 ralliart and start customizing it. I have found a car but not yet decided. I always loved evos but way to expensive when I am in university. So if you guys can give me some tips and tricks or knowledge that you have learned over the years on working with this car is great.

I am also looking in way I can improve my car. Not sure if I am a speed demon but I do like a fast car. Not sure if I am the turbo guy yet but I may grow into it. I love cars, and I really am wanting to do everything by myself as in be able to mod my car. I do have a shop that I can visit and yeah. Also looks matter so if you guys have some not over the top but good looking mods that others have done please post them here.

Please place your recommendations here. Oh if I did not tell you, the car that i am getting is 2006 (130,000km) manual gun metal for 4500 canadian dollars. If this is a good buy please let me know.

Thanks guys,

Please share your wisdom.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 06:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
for that mileage, it's a pretty good price...just find out if the timing belt was serviced...if not, get it done, and use an OEM belt please

most body kits looks terrible in my opinion, but there are some decent ones...more aggressive lips tend to add some flare to the car, without looking "too ricey"...obviously wheels are important for that personalized look, as well as function, just don't run low profile tires on stock suspension...

and power is very addictive...and the first time you get your doors blown off by a PT Cruiser GT, you'll want more..lol..

welcome
Old Mar 16, 2015, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK
for that mileage, it's a pretty good price...just find out if the timing belt was serviced...if not, get it done, and use an OEM belt please

most body kits looks terrible in my opinion, but there are some decent ones...more aggressive lips tend to add some flare to the car, without looking "too ricey"...obviously wheels are important for that personalized look, as well as function, just don't run low profile tires on stock suspension...

and power is very addictive...and the first time you get your doors blown off by a PT Cruiser GT, you'll want more..lol..

welcome
Dude you ate so right about the belt. Holy. Forgot about that. But yeah i do agree lips look so much better. So not sure where I can find one and start peicing stuff together.

Do you know any good places to get good prices for parts. Thanks
Old Mar 16, 2015, 08:53 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kouroshb26
Dude you ate so right about the belt. Holy. Forgot about that. But yeah i do agree lips look so much better. So not sure where I can find one and start peicing stuff together.

Do you know any good places to get good prices for parts. Thanks

The RRM lip is pretty popular, but I wouldn't buy much else from them...what are you looking for exactly??
Old Mar 18, 2015, 07:20 AM

The RRM lip is pretty popular, but I wouldn't buy much else from them...what are you looking for exactly??
Well at the moment I have not bought my car yet. But I really want to get a car and work on it. Like I am not very much set on what I want to do but I am looking for ways I can make the car better. I want to get into the area of customizing cars as right now I have no clue. So again I need guidance in that regard.

Last edited by kouroshb26; Mar 18, 2015 at 07:26 AM. Reason: Spell check
Old Mar 18, 2015, 08:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hi kouroshb26,

welcome to the forum. The Ralliart is alot of fun and only your imagination limits what you can do with it.
Where in Canada are you, sometimes we (between GTA and Ottawa) meet.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 11:27 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 2006_RA
sometimes we (between GTA and Ottawa) meet.

no one came to my BBQ last summer
Old Mar 18, 2015, 11:41 AM
Evolved Member

no one came to my BBQ last summer
and sometimes we're rotten bastards unworthy of the three diamonds,

Sorry man, I promised that I would get my *** and my car in gear this year though, goodness knows I cant install that Wavetrac alone
Old Mar 18, 2015, 12:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 2006_RA
and sometimes we're rotten bastards unworthy of the three diamonds,

Sorry man, I promised that I would get my *** and my car in gear this year though, goodness knows I cant install that Wavetrac alone

I just installed Nick's Quaife last night...and on the way home ended up in that 50 car pile up right at my exit...Ralliart's OK, was drving the mazda thank god...the lancer doesn't have collision...lol
Old Mar 18, 2015, 12:46 PM
Evolved Member

Oh sh**i**te !!!
Glad that you walked away and can laugh about it.

Nick will be a demon at Shannonville now.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 03:44 PM

I live in Calgary. RIP.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 04:46 PM

It always seems to be Canadians with the Ralliarts (due to the lack of evo available to us?). If there's another meet up I'll be down, I'm moving to Quebec for school in about a week...I'll probably be willing to drive anywhere in order to speak English! Seriously though I'd love to check out crans turbo ralliart.

(I'll go back to mostly lurking now...)
Old Mar 18, 2015, 07:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AStraat
It always seems to be Canadians with the Ralliarts (due to the lack of evo available to us?). If there's another meet up I'll be down, I'm moving to Quebec for school in about a week...I'll probably be willing to drive anywhere in order to speak English! Seriously though I'd love to check out crans turbo ralliart.

(I'll go back to mostly lurking now...)

if you're anywhere in montreal, you might have a hard time finding someone who doesn't speak English, even if they are born French...there is also a large population that doesn't speak any French in Montreal...

also not much to check out on my car, she ain't pretty.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 12:24 PM

if you're anywhere in montreal, you might have a hard time finding someone who doesn't speak English, even if they are born French...there is also a large population that doesn't speak any French in Montreal...

also not much to check out on my car, she ain't pretty.
Nah, I'll be in Trois-Rivières...not far, I don't imagine it will be too English friendly but we'll see.

I just think it would be interesting to see a turbo'd ralliart, mines completely stock and going back to school won't be leaving funds for the car.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 02:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AStraat
Nah, I'll be in Trois-Rivières...not far, I don't imagine it will be too English friendly but we'll see.

I just think it would be interesting to see a turbo'd ralliart, mines completely stock and going back to school won't be leaving funds for the car.

N/A lancer guys get a kick out of it, but it's just not a looker, body's pretty rough, and my turbo kit is pretty messy too, it just works, and that's all it needs to do...I don't do shows

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How to get started in the whole 2006 ralliart buisness