Notices

50 car pile up, time for another new car...

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2015, 09:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
50 car pile up, time for another new car...

So on my way hom from RalliartN's house, I pulled over on the highway to assist a driver in a rolled over Honda CRV (seen in beginning of video in link below), while I was talking to the driver, this started happening:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toront...ight-1.2999504

I watched the first two trucks crash, as I was on the scene before any trucks crashed, and immediately told the guy in the blue CRV to get away from the road, and I ran about a mile back up the road to warn the coming traffic, but even a half mile wasn't enough time to stop, as the roads were sheer ice...what's strange is that 10 minutes earlier, they were bone dry...so I didn't even see most of the pile up, or what happened to my car...no fatalities thankfully...and most importantly, the wine RalliartN's wife sent home for my wife survived the ordeal

Last edited by CrAnSwIcK; Mar 19, 2015 at 10:55 AM.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 10:06 AM
Evolving Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
time for evo
Old Mar 19, 2015, 10:49 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kada__85
time for evo

I wish...still have my Lancer, and I'm holding out for a VII RS-2... going to replace it with another Mazda 5, just 2 years newer and the GT model...
Old Mar 19, 2015, 10:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Damn dude... Im glad your ok! Sucks about the Mazda. At least the wine was saved... LOL

You looking for another family hauler now? I think a turbo AWD Eagle Summit is in order. :P
Old Mar 19, 2015, 02:44 PM
Evolved Member

yes, thankfully it wasn't the lancer, because it doesn't have collision...it's not it that great of shape, and high mileage, if it got wrecked, I would just get a DSM or old subaru for dirt cheap and save up for my VII.

we decided that we would get another Mazda5, only this time we'll get the GT trim, as in Canada, the GT is available with a manual transmission. I could live without the sunroof, side skirts, fogs and wheels, but the cruise control is what I'm after...I drove 14 hours straight with no cruise, and caught myself speeding more than a couple times...
Old Mar 20, 2015, 05:17 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Holy crap Crans!! Glad to hear your safe and the wine made it too.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 05:40 AM

It never gets any safer no matter how much money the government does for safety restrictions on vehicles, reason being is due to the simple fact people with think they are invincible driving a suv/truck fill in the blank. I've been a civil servant for 13 years and have seen some pretty amazing accidents. thank god you saved the wine lol. thank god you walked away.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 08:07 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by firmk20
It never gets any safer no matter how much money the government does for safety restrictions on vehicles, reason being is due to the simple fact people with think they are invincible driving a suv/truck fill in the blank. I've been a civil servant for 13 years and have seen some pretty amazing accidents. thank god you saved the wine lol. thank god you walked away.

the roads were sheer ice...there were no tires screeching or anything...I could barely walk on it it was so slippery...no drivers were at fault.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 11:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I just saw this post. I'm still queasy from the news. Crans left my house late that night after an awesome time installing my LSD - then came within a whisker of absolute disaster just 'cause he stopped as a good Samaritan. Man, life can change in the blink of an eye.

The wine "save" is priceless. Will gift you with more just for that!

p.s. if the insurance company or anyone else gives you grief, I will alert the local media (without your knowledge) that you are a serviceman who stopped to help and yet they disrespected and screwed you over.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 11:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by RalliartN

p.s. if the insurance company or anyone else gives you grief, I will alert the local media (without your knowledge) that you are a serviceman who stopped to help and yet they disrespected and screwed you over.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 12:49 PM
Evolved Member

I just saw this post. I'm still queasy from the news. Crans left my house late that night after an awesome time installing my LSD - then came within a whisker of absolute disaster just 'cause he stopped as a good Samaritan. Man, life can change in the blink of an eye.

The wine "save" is priceless. Will gift you with more just for that!

well here's the story about that....

this accident was on Tuesday night, it's Friday now and I have no timeline on when the insurance company will settle...the appraiser hasn't even seen the car yet and I reported the accident at like 3am on Wednesday...appearently you need to pay for rental car coverage, which I was never verbally offered, and wasn't aware was not included, which is required because I don't know which specific vehicle collided with mine, to charge the rental to the other driver's insurance company...the Lancer is in the garage, just about ready to drop the transmission...so yeah, who knows when they will get their **** together....

about 3 minutes after I posted this, the insurance company called and we settled...lol

Last edited by CrAnSwIcK; Mar 20, 2015 at 01:17 PM.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 01:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
ears were burning... actually, they've been fair the couple of times my family has needed them

btw, where are you going to?
Old Mar 20, 2015, 01:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Glad to hear no one was injured.
The mazda took a beating..but the airbags looked to have protected the wine.

- Don't be too surprised the insurance company dragging their feet on this one.
We're had to get a lawyer involved with ours and it still took nearly 2 years to get things done.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 02:30 PM
Evolved Member

ears were burning... actually, they've been fair the couple of times my family has needed them

btw, where are you going to?

Arctic operations...yay!
Old Mar 21, 2015, 06:46 AM
Evolving Member

Grats on the LSD RalliartN and grats Crans on the settlement.

Quick Reply: 50 car pile up, time for another new car...