Notices

Any good electricians out there?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2015, 09:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any good electricians out there?

I am installing this projector headlights with halo rings and I want my fog lights able to switch on when only my sidemarkers are ON.
(SIDEMARKERS ON= HALO ON, FOGS can turn ON)

And I want it a safe installation and no direct connection on my battery to prevent drain specially in a cold area like here -___- THANkS
Old Apr 8, 2015, 09:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
I was working on something similar, and that is having the fog lights stay on when I put my high beams on, but only if I've commanded them on...I haven't looked at the wiring diagrams lately, because I've got such a backlog of wear and tear maintenance on the go...i'll let you know if I find anything...
Old Apr 9, 2015, 05:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
If anyone can access an MUT III this is probably the way to go.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 05:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Couldnt you just wire it up the way you would a set of aftermarket fog lights? Remove it from the factory harness, and run your own wires from the bulbs to the switch, then to the battery or other power source. Then you should have full control over whenever the fog lights are on. Seems like that'd be the simplest way, without doing any wiring diagram research anyway. Im sure there is a relay or something in the factory harness that switches the fogs off whenever the brights are on or whenever the low beams arent on. Just remove the bulbs and switch from that system, run your own wires, and you can control the fogs however you like.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 02:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
there are logic circuits in the front ECU that control the fog light relay via the column switch, and also I'm fairly certain the foglight switch is a momentary normally open...sure setting it up to be simply on or off would be easy, but would require a different switch, and the stock switch could no longer be used, etc. I want the "cockpit" to look stock...
Old Apr 9, 2015, 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by bakuro117
Couldnt you just wire it up the way you would a set of aftermarket fog lights? Remove it from the factory harness, and run your own wires from the bulbs to the switch, then to the battery or other power source. Then you should have full control over whenever the fog lights are on. Seems like that'd be the simplest way, without doing any wiring diagram research anyway. Im sure there is a relay or something in the factory harness that switches the fogs off whenever the brights are on or whenever the low beams arent on. Just remove the bulbs and switch from that system, run your own wires, and you can control the fogs however you like.
I was thinking of splicing up and connecting the fog lights to the sidemarkers, but little concerned with the original fog switch, would that still work? and any concerns about having short circuits on the sidemarkers if the fogs are hooked up that way? what you think?

Last edited by kingjhay723; Apr 9, 2015 at 11:45 PM.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK
there are logic circuits in the front ECU that control the fog light relay via the column switch, and also I'm fairly certain the foglight switch is a momentary normally open...sure setting it up to be simply on or off would be easy, but would require a different switch, and the stock switch could no longer be used, etc. I want the "cockpit" to look stock...

same idea here, i want to keep my dashboard clean of any aftermarket switches lol
Old Apr 10, 2015, 06:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
If you care about looking stock then just hide the switch.
Under the dashboard, in a storage bin etc.