Notices

Srs type r1 exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2015, 04:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Srs type r1 exhaust?

I have a 04 ralliart and I'm thinking about getting a Srs type R1 cat back exhaust. Does anyone have any good or bad info on it? Or better suggestions. It seems to be hard to find exhaust for my ralliart. I don't ever know any good performance parts stores to go to that sell performance bparts for my ralliart. Or good websites that carry performance parts for the 04 ralliart? I also was wanting to look into getting a cool air intake for my car. Any suggestions on what brand to get the most and best hp and torque? Thanks.
Old May 4, 2015, 09:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
no cold air intake will give you noticeable power OR torque, lol...sound, yes...with intake and exhaust, gains are marginal, however mods like this compliment ECU tuning which will give you the most bang for your buck...
Old May 5, 2015, 06:09 AM

That's for the info bro. How much do the ecu usually run? And do you know a good place or website to get one? And the intake and exhaust Bc I can't find anywere that has performance parts for my ralli art since it's the 2.4L?
Old May 5, 2015, 06:15 AM

Sry bro I don't know much about cars trying to learn more. I just looked up the ecu tuning and realized it's just tuning up all the engine parts. Lol how much do shops usually charge to do it?
Old May 5, 2015, 08:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
ECU Tuning means that you are altering the programming of the car's computer to get more power. The computer in the car can only relearn so much before it needs to be manually altered. Doing so will make it more efficient and more powerful.

Adding stuff like a cold air intake, and a less restrictive exhaust will on their own do very little. Combine that with tuning and you'll get better results. Tuning is not always for the beginner though. You'd be better off spending your time and money making sure all the maintenance stuff is done and learning about the engine. Once you know how it all functions together then tuning will make a lot more sense.

Cranswick is right, tuning will get you the better outcome. But in my opinion if your new, focus on maintenance. colder spark plugs, fresh oil changes, make sure the timing belt and water pump have been changed depending on mileage. Then along the way if you want a cold air intake or exhaust slap it on. Then when everything is running well and your looking to pull the real potential out of it that'd be a good time to start looking into tuning. Because everything will be ready for it at that point.

As for the exhaust your talking about Ive never heard of it. Anything that frees up restriction is going to improve performance. Freeing it up too much makes it sound like a ricer though..

And there arent many parts stores for the RA. You'll end up doing a lot a research and hunting. RRM (road race motorsports) is a good place to get ideas but you can find almost everything they advertise directly from the source or on ebay for MUCH cheaper. RPW (racing performance works) is another place that supports the RA platform, however they are in Australia so its a little difficult to work with them at times. Doing research on what parts mix and match with the RA and hunting for parts direct from manufacturers or on amazon/ebay has given me the most luck.

Welcome to the forum!
Old May 24, 2015, 08:30 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Very good reply about tuning. I'm curious about one part of your answer. I ran colder plugs on my supercharged Tacoma, and that's a common change with boosted engines to avoid pre-ignition.

What's the benefit of colder plugs with a stock or mild bolt-on naturally aspirated engine?
Old May 24, 2015, 10:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by floating doc
Very good reply about tuning. I'm curious about one part of your answer. I ran colder plugs on my supercharged Tacoma, and that's a common change with boosted engines to avoid pre-ignition.

What's the benefit of colder plugs with a stock or mild bolt-on naturally aspirated engine?
I noticed better fuel economy after switching to colder plugs. When I first got the car I was lucky to get 21 mpg. after the plugs intake and a few things I was up around 26-27. after tuning I would his 30 pretty regularly.