Notices

Upgrading my 2005 ralliart from stock on the cheap

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2017, 11:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Upgrading my 2005 ralliart from stock on the cheap

Hey everyone, this is my first post so be kind... I own an 05 ralliart 2.4 L. I am looking to in prove it all around... where should I start? It has a cold air intake and that's it. I have had a hard time finding headers for my 2.4l engine, possibly the eclipse headers fit I don't know? I am also looking to find spacers for the intake manifold and the throttle body. Any other ideas to pep up my car are welcome. Thanks.
Old May 12, 2017, 11:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
More help needed

i was also wondering if there is a better spark plug to run , oil or synthetic,etc... little things to start... then I will go Into more expensive mods... thanks again.
Old May 12, 2017, 08:09 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Most people on this forum would agree to get ECU reflash/tune + suspension mods such as rear sway bar and/or lowering springs/coilovers (depending on street car or track car). The ECU runs the car very rich from the factory. Adding CAI makes the ECU run even more rich. For me, I have the Injen CAI on my 05 Ralliart and I get abysmal mileage. But hey, it sounds great!

I heard that Fastworks Tuning (hackish) is doing his yearly sale on reflashes so definitely check that out. You'll need a Tactrix cable as well.

Other threads on the forum state that the stock "sports" muffler is restrictive but stock headers and exhaust piping is relatively good for a factory setup.

Just stick with stock NGK spark plugs; you can get them from Rock Auto for CHEAP! Oil wise, I run synthetic. The shop I go to, The Speed Syndicate in Burnaby, uses Liquimoly high mileage synthetic.

Check out my show and shine thread for more details.

My favourite mod was to put on lightweight wheels. I believe stock rims are 22lbs each. I put on 15.6lbs 16" wheels on and saved just under 28lbs of rotational mass. This helped the engine rev up much faster.
The following users liked this post:
Mikelancer05 (May 19, 2017)