Upgrading my 2005 ralliart from stock on the cheap - EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

Upgrading my 2005 ralliart from stock on the cheap

Old May 12, 2017, 11:09 AM   #1

Upgrading my 2005 ralliart from stock on the cheap

Hey everyone, this is my first post so be kind... I own an 05 ralliart 2.4 L. I am looking to in prove it all around... where should I start? It has a cold air intake and that's it. I have had a hard time finding headers for my 2.4l engine, possibly the eclipse headers fit I don't know? I am also looking to find spacers for the intake manifold and the throttle body. Any other ideas to pep up my car are welcome. Thanks.

Old May 12, 2017, 11:18 AM   #2

More help needed

i was also wondering if there is a better spark plug to run , oil or synthetic,etc... little things to start... then I will go Into more expensive mods... thanks again.

Old May 12, 2017, 08:09 PM   #3

Drives: 2005 RA

Most people on this forum would agree to get ECU reflash/tune + suspension mods such as rear sway bar and/or lowering springs/coilovers (depending on street car or track car). The ECU runs the car very rich from the factory. Adding CAI makes the ECU run even more rich. For me, I have the Injen CAI on my 05 Ralliart and I get abysmal mileage. But hey, it sounds great!

I heard that Fastworks Tuning (hackish) is doing his yearly sale on reflashes so definitely check that out. You'll need a Tactrix cable as well.

Other threads on the forum state that the stock "sports" muffler is restrictive but stock headers and exhaust piping is relatively good for a factory setup.

Just stick with stock NGK spark plugs; you can get them from Rock Auto for CHEAP! Oil wise, I run synthetic. The shop I go to, The Speed Syndicate in Burnaby, uses Liquimoly high mileage synthetic.

Check out my show and shine thread for more details.

My favourite mod was to put on lightweight wheels. I believe stock rims are 22lbs each. I put on 15.6lbs 16" wheels on and saved just under 28lbs of rotational mass. This helped the engine rev up much faster.

The Following User Says Thank You to jcmaz For This Useful Post:
Mikelancer05 (May 19, 2017)