Notices

04 Ralliart potential transmission issue

Old Sep 14, 2017, 11:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 Ralliart potential transmission issue

When I put my 04 Ralliart into drive after backing up, it jerks forward sometimes. I checked the transmission fluid and it's good. It doesn't happen all the time but it does it happen. I was told by a friend to clean the throttle body but that doesn't make sense. Why clean that for a potential transmission issue? Anyone have an input on what this could be?
Old Sep 26, 2017, 09:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
like shift shock, or like harsh engagement? how violent is it?...how long since the transmission oil was changed? how many miles on the car?
Old Sep 26, 2017, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK
like shift shock, or like harsh engagement? how violent is it?...how long since the transmission oil was changed? how many miles on the car?
Like a shift shock. I drive 3 cars but this car is the only one that does this. It a tiny jerk but violent enough to make my head move forward then back. I just bought it 2 months ago and I really don't know when the the last time the transmission oil was changed. I'll check it today but the mileage is 113,758.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 08:39 AM
Evolved Member

Wouldn't hurt to clean the throttle body and all connections
But I think it has to do with either a simple solenoid to a more complex internal transmission issue. Change the fluid and see if that helps. From there, we can diagnose further. Cheers man.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by rzrxn
Wouldn't hurt to clean the throttle body and all connections
But I think it has to do with either a simple solenoid to a more complex internal transmission issue. Change the fluid and see if that helps. From there, we can diagnose further. Cheers man.

I changed the fluid and it stopped. The fluid wasn't burned but it was getting there I guess. I had a while before it would have actually needed to be changed. I cleaned the throttle body for this car meet I went to so I bet that also helped. There was some black specs in the fluid so I'll be looking forward to having the tranny rebuilt in the future but the mechanic said it wasn't an issue yet and I should be good for a while. I would have done it myself but I wanted the mechanics opinion on the tranny. Thanks bro.