Notices

New to the Ralliart Life

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2018, 03:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks mate Ill continue posting progress here when I get more done I also checked the frame and rocker panels, the frame is solid and only the right rocker panel has a tiny hole in it, but I think that was from the side skirt, its been a lil hard balancing work, my training for the Canadian Reserves and working on this project, but it'll get done, I'm projecting that it'll be done by around May at the latest, also on a side note, what type of privileges do i need to post in the classified? because I'm looking to buy a Ralliart front bumper as mine is ummmm broke
Old Jan 24, 2018, 04:26 PM

so I have some bad news, the car died on me, it was idleing and the rpm gauge went from 1000 to 0, then it sounded weird and i shut it off, now it wont start up, it went silent, battery is about 11.5V, but I have 3 error codes, p0441,p2195, and p0335, I know one is caused by a hole in the exhaust pipe between the header and catalytic converter, and the fact the muffler isnt one, unno how to fix the p0335 one as it can be a crankshaft issue, I honestly think my alternator is on the fritz, seeing I just bought a brand new battery saturday and it went from 12.7 to about 11.5 in 5 days..... but the mitsu will live!

Last edited by UBHartmann; Jan 24, 2018 at 07:47 PM.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 07:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
P0441 is something with your EGR system. I would check all the vacuum lines associated with that system and make sure they are in place. I had the same problem one time and it would cause the car to idle really low and die sometimes. I think I solved the problem by deleting the EGR system... LOL

P0335 your right its the crank position sensor code. You can clear the code and see if it comes back. If it does check the wiring that goes over the top of the timing cover and connects to the lower timing cover. If everything looks good there you may have to replace the sensor. Which involves removing the serpentine belt, a few pulleys, the lower timing belt cover. And from there you should be able to get to the sensor itself.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 12:30 PM

for p0335, I know it can also be the battery voltage being too low, my starter could be faulty ( bought the starter from a scrap yard), the signal plate could be damaged ( whatever that is), the crankshaft position sensor could be open or it shorted or have a poor connection but from what im told is like 90% of the time its the battery which ill try when the weather gets warmer ( above 0C ), but ill be swapping the spark plugs, and redoing the brakes ( I plan to repaint the calipers orange or maybe red again with ralliart on them in white
Old Jan 25, 2018, 01:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by UBHartmann
the signal plate could be damaged ( whatever that is)
The plate in the center of this pic is the trigger wheel or signal plate.

But if it was running I doubt that was damaged. I would clear the code and try it again when the weather warms up.

If you have any free time read through this thread (4G69 Teardown) I made it a few years ago to try to show as much of the engine tear down as I could. It'll show you a lot about the engine, the EGR system, Timing System, Sensors, and a lot of misc stuff.
The following users liked this post:
UBHartmann (Jan 25, 2018)
Old Jan 25, 2018, 02:53 PM

Thanks! Ill read through it now, I was actually wondering if there was a thread like this, Ill try wiping it this weekend as its suppose to be 42F, and I also completely forgot to mention that my friend is trying to convince me that my transmission is gone because the gear shifter is a tad stiff when its in the neutral position, but I found a thread on here about that issue, apparently its the bushings if I read the thread right, I just need to replace or lube them
Old May 1, 2018, 05:57 PM

Hey all, been a while, been really busy with work and the military, I been working on the ralliart project a lil and i have some updates, I got a new bumper for the car, its grey but im getting the car wrapped soon ( gunna be burnt orange ), cleaned the car out more so now its decent to be in, need to do the carpets, got the trunk and gas lid!! Had to spray the ever loving god out of them with wd40 (used a jumbo can), but they open at the same time so i need to continue on that, got the alternator replaced and serpentine belt..... but I kinda broke the belt tensioner.... heh but i got a new one coming XD , I got a new clutch on the way, got a clutchxperts clutch ( just a standard replacement) , got new brakes coming too, need to get the muffler put back on still and a new timing belt, but progress is being made! Heres some pic. Also, the picture of the plug, is that the crank sensor plug you guys were speaking?
s