Notices

Modded Ralliarts

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2018, 11:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Modded Ralliarts

Hi. A few months back i bought a 2004 Ralliart and have been slowly trying to out work into improving it. I've been wondering how other people have been modding them and how well it does performance wise.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 04:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
turbo works good...nothing else will be even noticeable except for a good tune, but even then, pretty minimal...without forced induction, the only way to create significant power gains is to have higher compression.

suspension and tires, and better brake pads at least I think is a good place to start...if you drive like an ******* or do any kind of racing, you'll want to flush your brake system with a racing specific DOT 4 fluid. and tuning...
Old Sep 29, 2018, 09:50 PM

I have been looking in to turbo's, so far the best one I've found is the RRM turbo kit, do you know of any other good ones that are on the market? I have also been looking in to getting coil overs but dont know which brand would be best
Old Oct 12, 2018, 08:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Im a bit late to this thread. But I'll tell you this. I've owned a couple of RAs, helped my friend rebuild one, and help my brother out with his. I love these cars. However, I preach this to everyone I know now. Focus on the maintenance of the car and it'll stay healthy and reliable. Along the way if anything breaks for needs fixed use it as an excuse to upgrade. As far as modifications go, focus on suspension first, it makes a huge difference. I miss my white RA so bad simply because of the suspension setup it had, it was awesome... Once your suspension is beefed up a bit, if you start craving more power you can look into Forced Induction, or building a motor. A cheap solution for power would be a custom turbo kit (dont bother with the RRM kit...) but its a bit labor intensive.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 03:35 PM

Thank you. I apreciate the input. I wanna do suspension next spring i was thinking of some tein coil overs. Unfortunately I've been burning oil so i gotta get new pistons first. I was gonna get forged aluminum pistons since i eventually want to do a turbo upgrade. I also want to get a ported and polished manifold. Im wondering what size turbo would you recommend for a ra?
Old Oct 24, 2018, 12:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
If you're doing the Pistons, I assume you plan on doing rods and bearings as well as head studs...

Turbo size depends on how much power you want to make and how much you're willing to sacrifice spool time for top end power...if you plan on autox or tight tracks, smaller is better...
Old Nov 10, 2018, 11:50 AM

Sad news

Sad to say on my way home a lady stopped abruptly in front of me and wrecked my ralliart. Im very sad about it but im hoping to find another one so i can take my aftermarket parts off and put them on there but im not having much luck finding one. I live in wisconsin and the closest one i found was in Arizona. I did find a really nice 2010 ralliart that has all of the mods i wanted to put on my 04 but I'm not sure which to go with. Do you think mine might be salvagable?

Last edited by PolarRalliart; Nov 10, 2018 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Add picture
Old Nov 12, 2018, 07:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Awww man... That sucks. So sorry to see this. I'm assuming insurance totaled the car out? I'd keep it and either look for another RA, a lancer from the same or similar year cause you could swap almost everything over to it, or find a mirage to swap the engine into if it's still good.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 07:27 AM

Right now my car is at the tow place waiting to get picked up. I just have to make the arrangements to get it towed back home. I've been looking into getting another ralliart the same year. Sadly the only one i've found is in Arizona. Im hoping after the ladies insurance gets back to me i'll be able to plan a little road trip to go pick it up