EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   04-06 Ralliart General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/04-06-ralliart-general-93/)
-   -   any spy shots of future ralliart? (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/04-06-ralliart-general/144321-any-spy-shots-future-ralliart.html)

mitsupwr Jun 16, 2005 08:57 AM

any spy shots of future ralliart?

we should have a future lancer thread like the evo. :mitsu: :mitsu: :mitsu:

RAKenzo Jun 16, 2005 09:45 AM

I heard the ralliart was done....

mitsupwr Jun 16, 2005 10:00 AM

they will continue the ralliart, form what i heard from a friend at corp. is 07 might be turbo. the 06 has some changes but i have'nt seen them yet. :mitsu: :mitsu: :mitsu: :mitsu:

RAKenzo Jun 16, 2005 11:39 AM

Sounds good, but I think getting it turbo defeats the whole purpose of our car IMO. Well, glad they are still making the ralliart.

javastan Jun 16, 2005 12:00 PM

the japan spec ralliart has a 1.8 direct injection turbo with the same hp and tourqe as the us version, down side it is automatic only. I would rather have a NA 2.4

otter Jun 16, 2005 01:44 PM

There is no hard information on anything yet. Just a bunch of people talking about stuff they know nothing about (friend of a friend, my dealer said, blah blah etc). When authentic info is released from Mitsu, we can start a thread for it.

bahamut Jun 16, 2005 02:03 PM

^^^ I agree.

Dang, too much hearsay!

Logically, Mitsu will NOT make a turbo RA. It makes no sense of touching the Evo in performance or knocking out the new 4g eclipse GT. Don't people remember, Mitsu is still in dire financial trouble.

blk-majik Jun 16, 2005 02:13 PM

one word: srt4

and yea, too many threads about nothing lately. all the 'someone guess x!' threads.... if its not adding something, take it to the off-topic section =)

bahamut Jun 16, 2005 02:22 PM

Are you saying Mitsu should match a RA TC to the SRT-4?

People have forgotten the lessons of GM in the late 80's to the early 90's of carboncopying/cookie cutting their lineup with other brands . . . instead of getting more market shares, they cannibalized each other in sales.

Sportback79 Jun 16, 2005 08:11 PM

The Ralliart should definitely stay. I read somewhere that the Ralliart accounts for a good percentage of Lancer sales so Mitsu has no reason to cancel a lucrative model.

CF-Ninja Jun 16, 2005 08:17 PM

^^ I think the base model and OZ get alot more sales than the RA. I've never seen another RA around. Plenty of OZ's and ES's though

RAKenzo Jun 16, 2005 08:46 PM

Yeah but they have had 3 more years than the RA. I'm sure more will be popping up.

Viciouz Jun 16, 2005 09:22 PM

I'll look into this... i am interested now, I wonder what mitsu will do.

CF-Ninja Jun 17, 2005 07:08 AM

^^Mitsu needs more TV commercials pushing the Lancer's. There is only so much word of mouth can do. If you test drive any Lancer they practically sell themselves. I drove The ES, OZ, and the RA. and was equally impressed with each cars ride quality. They used to have lancer commercials like 3 years ago.

Sailorgoon Jun 17, 2005 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by RAKenzo
Yeah but they have had 3 more years than the RA. I'm sure more will be popping up.

That's true but I have to admit, for every Ralliart I see, I see 10 ES models and 5 OZs, and that's just the new body style. 02/03 ES/OZs number in the hojillions.

It's been rumored a long time that Mitsu would take a neon frame for the next lancer, and naturally the Ralliart would probably share the SRT's engine and drivetrain. It's not so hard to belive really, the new Eclipse is a huge step forward in performance over the previous v6 models, much closer to the Evo in performance, and far sturdier than a homely little Lancer. To spur sales, I can see mitsu offering a turbo RA, not quite Evo fast, but cheaper than an Eclipse.

Of course, all smoke and mirrors at this point...we all just have to sit back and wonder.