2006 Ralliart Auto To Manual swap Wire harness?? - EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

2006 Ralliart Auto To Manual swap Wire harness??

Old Oct 15, 2015, 10:49 PM   #1

Drives: 06 Ralliart

Exclamation 2006 Ralliart Auto To Manual swap Wire harness??

Alright guys! So I had a semi succesfull Autotransmission swap into manual on my 06 ralliart. I warped my last cylinder head so i was i decided to get a new engine. I got very lucky and found a crashed ralliart 04 with 20K miles on it. I bought the engine and transmission and everything i need for the swap, except the engine harness. Now thats a probem emissions wise. The swap was succesfull engine runs strong shift very smoothly nothing out of the ordinary but my check engine light is on Thus it will not pass emissions. I'm stuck here i dont know what else to do.

I have connected the neutral safety switch into the harness, (Otherwise the car is disabled) So technically the (manual) ecu still thinks it is connected into the automatic transmission. The transmission harness was the only thing that did not line up. now im stuck...

My registration is already expired and i cannot renew it until i pass emissions. I didnt quite think the full swap through. This is the only thing thats holding me back the car runs fine and very strong... Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Old Oct 16, 2015, 05:54 AM   #2
Evolved Member

Drives: 2006 Ralliart

Hi,
congratulations and welcome to the forum.
You mentioned that the check engine light is on, what codes are logged ?

Old Feb 21, 2016, 05:47 PM   #3
Evolving Member

Drives: 04 Sportback Ralliart

I guess this discussion died. I hope you got your issues with the CE light worked out. I would love to have more details about the swap. My 04 Ralliart is a sportback, and the wagons only were imported into North America with the automatic. Would love to change it over.

I hope you're still on here and can shed some light on the swap.

Old Jun 26, 2017, 06:32 PM   #4

Drives: 2004 lancer ralliart

How tho

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChampiYon View Post
Alright guys! So I had a semi succesfull Autotransmission swap into manual on my 06 ralliart. I warped my last cylinder head so i was i decided to get a new engine. I got very lucky and found a crashed ralliart 04 with 20K miles on it. I bought the engine and transmission and everything i need for the swap, except the engine harness. Now thats a probem emissions wise. The swap was succesfull engine runs strong shift very smoothly nothing out of the ordinary but my check engine light is on Thus it will not pass emissions. I'm stuck here i dont know what else to do.

I have connected the neutral safety switch into the harness, (Otherwise the car is disabled) So technically the (manual) ecu still thinks it is connected into the automatic transmission. The transmission harness was the only thing that did not line up. now im stuck...

My registration is already expired and i cannot renew it until i pass emissions. I didnt quite think the full swap through. This is the only thing thats holding me back the car runs fine and very strong... Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Hey I am in the process of doing the same swap I have some questions for you, is there some way I can talk to you