Notices

Assembling Front Struts

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2011, 06:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Assembling Front Struts

I'm looking for how to instruction's on how to assemble front struts! I recently installed S-Tech's and KYB Struts and it looks like the coil's are hitting each other since there is mark's on the paint of the coil's. Im not sure if I installed the top plate that sits on to of the coil properly. The plate is angled and only seemed to fit on one way. When Im driving slow and go over bumps there is a knocking noise coming from the front struts which i believe is the coil. Anybody got a manual with a picture of the front coil assembly?

Ryan
Old Oct 20, 2011, 07:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
both bottom and top of the coil have a "seat". and the top plate, is the mount. it has a spot for the end of the coil, and as long as it's seated properly, you should be able to rotate the mount at will. the springs aren't upside down are they? Also are the coils hitting eachother near the ends? cause mine do that but they don't make noise.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 07:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I put the coil's on properly unless tein put the writing on upside down LOL. What im concerned about is if i put the mount on the right way the mount that sits under neath the top mount with the studs for mounting to the vehicle. It looks like the mount is angled. Do you have a repair manual at home and if you do is there some way you can scan it and send it to my email? Teamamsoil@live.ca