Notices

Driver Seatbelt Chime Delete

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2012, 09:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
try undoing the mod...then see what happens...
if it fixes it then u know what it was, and u gotta figure another way of turning the chime/light off...
if it doesn't...well u got yourself something else on your hands, and you have to look for whatever that may be instead...
Old Sep 4, 2012, 09:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
Originally Posted by nekkidlad
try undoing the mod...then see what happens...
if it fixes it then u know what it was, and u gotta figure another way of turning the chime/light off...
if it doesn't...well u got yourself something else on your hands, and you have to look for whatever that may be instead...
I didn't do any mods, i took the passenger seat out to shampoo the carpet where my sons bottle spilled under the seat.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 11:15 AM
Evolved Member

well in that case there's an issue somewhere... for some reason...
did u have to tug n pull on the harness at all when u were trying to disconnect it..?...maybe sumn else disconnected somewhere under the carpet when/if u tugged n pulled enough?
maybe the shampooing/water/cleaning solution got in the connector or sumn..?
did u check the connectors to make sure there's no loose or backed out pins, or corrosion?

that light doesn't just come on for no reason...
on a good note...it should disable the srs system when the light is on...therefore u don't get airbag burns(or airbag eyes...lol)...but then again...you might get severe whiplash and/or bounce your head off the steering wheel or dash...

Last edited by nekkidlad; Sep 4, 2012 at 11:18 AM.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 12:00 PM
Evolved Member

no way, nothing was damaged, or suscepted to water...
Old Sep 4, 2012, 01:24 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've seen what Crans is describing before, some ECU's are really fussy about sensors being unclipped, they throw an SRS light and it just stays on. As far as I know it sometimes requires a trip to the dealer to have an SRS light scanned/cleared if it doesn't go away after unhooking the battery for a couple of minutes..

edit - our SRS isn't monitored on a separate computer is it... I don't think it is but you never know...
Old Sep 4, 2012, 02:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK
no way, nothing was damaged, or suscepted to water...

then i see a mitsu dealer somewhere in your future...(if u wanna have that light cleared that is)...or @ least some shop w/ a good scanner than can pull airbag/srs codes...
Old Sep 4, 2012, 02:55 PM
Evolved Member

it's been on for about a year now...lol, i've just been putting it off, i know it's not really safe, i suppose, but i'll get to the dealer sooner or later, but i've had the ECU reflashed twice since, and i've had my battery disconnected for days on a few occasions...so i don't think it's going to clear on its own...
Old Sep 5, 2012, 05:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My SRS light has been on too, since I let some "professional" clean my car. Dropped off the car, no light. Picked up the car and the light is staring me in the face. That was over a year ago. The first set of guys who cleaned it disconnected the battery, I know as I had to reset the clock and stereo. This guy disconnected nothing but the seats, the light is the result.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 05:57 AM
Evolved Member

^i would've returned and demanded they figure out what turned the light on, and got it repaired for me free of charge...also let them know IF it was not their fault i'd take care of the repair...but till proven otherwise let them know its their fault...

tho its kinda late now if u said it was 1yr ago...
Old Sep 5, 2012, 07:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Yeah, I was really pissed with the cleaning or lack there of and wanted no more to do with him.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 09:47 PM

Sorry to bump an old thread, but it might help others save some time. On a 2014 evo gsr I found that the seatbelt receivers can no longer be taken apart. Instead of being two pieces held together with torx screws, they are now one solid piece, and I was not able to figure out any obvious way to access the insides. I also attempted disconnecting the wires under the seat one at a time (black, yellow, gray) and all of them triggered the service light in the dash (in previous years you could disconnect the black wire to defeat the chime without getting a service light).