Notices

Suspension/Tires Review

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2007, 10:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I order flik ftd wheels from edgeracing.com and kumho ecsta v700 (track and competition) on tirerack.com (closeout price $65!!!) and went autocrossing this weekend. The car corners pretty well but it transitions and transfers weight so fast! Its violent! I got thrashed around, best suspension upgrade yet! I didn't race fast relative to other cars I recognized but that was power steering/battery spilling/blown ksport/weird clinking clunking noises/and other random excuses. If these wheels and tires are as cheap as they were when I ordered them I recommend them to you over a set of coilovers. Cheaper and more effective! And they won't leak on you (ksports )
Old Sep 19, 2007, 11:49 PM
Evolving Member

BFG Gforce KDW2 T/A

I got these tires to replace stock. Just the front one I put in.

+2 about sticky

I launch on my stock & from 1st to 2nd there would spin, i put these in & when I shift from 1st to 2nd I would here a wierd noice, no spinning. I ask my brother He got on it & launch he said it was due to the stickiness it wouldn't chirp the tires it just grip & the noise was due to that ( I can explain due to me not knowing the english lang.) It was the clutch or tranny like a boon sound.

I have 17" rims I'm getting these tire again & with the turbo & mod should work fine.
Old Nov 10, 2007, 09:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Maxxis tyres...

Probably dont have these in the USA, but then you might I dunno.
Grip etc. seems really good... but soooo freakin' noisy lol!
If I get as much wear out of them as I did the yoko' A460's I wont complain so much (60,000kms) but will not buy these again if I can help it.
Old Nov 30, 2007, 05:08 PM

well i have to agree with BABYEVO1 the tie bars welds deffinetely look like they were done by an amature. looks like the first turn i take with this its gonna break... might have to redo the welds my self so i know it got done right. other than that im sure it will help with steering and cornering a lot combined with the progress swaybar
Old Dec 2, 2007, 06:28 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
As far as tiebars go, it's a shame PDX isn't making them anymore. He may not have had CNC'd cups like RRM does, but his welds were sound and he had a great price. Mine's been on my car for 3 years now, no complaints.

Today I installed the KYB struts on my Ralliart. 1 new and 3 that were used for about a month before the person I bought it from loaned his car to his mom and she wrecked it. Saved me about $50 over buying completely new. Anyways, this are a huge improvement over the blown OEMs I was riding on. The ride is a lot smoother and the car is holding up to fast corners much better now. After I have a week or so on these I'll adjust this post as necessary.

My stock struts were truly in sad shape, too. One of my fronts gave NO resistence for the first 3-4 inches of travel, then if you compressed it all the way (which you could easily do with a couple fingers) it wouldn't return. My other 3 weren't much better, definitely toast. Also, FYI, I run on Tein S-techs.
Old Jan 16, 2008, 07:31 PM

Falken Ziex Ze912

These tires are on the front, got them brand new when i bought my car several months ago (goodyear rs-a on the back) and in the spring/summer, these tires stick to the road - excellent grip, very little vibration at all. Don't even think of using these tires in the winter, unless you want to know what it feels like driving on ice all the time.
Old Jan 26, 2008, 09:49 AM

General Altimax HP

I've put around 7k km on them, and so far they are great tires! My OEMs were garbage as most of you know and prematurely worn down (my fault of course!)
These give better all round traction in all conditions, even in snow. They are all season, but have an aggressive looking deep tread (look like summers almost) with good tread wear ratings. Very quiet tire too for highway driving. Really happy so far......
Old Feb 29, 2008, 07:47 PM
Evolving Member

can someone please pm me with tire recomendations for a good drag and daily driver tire??
Old Mar 1, 2008, 07:13 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Mitsubeastin
can someone please pm me with tire recomendations for a good drag and daily driver tire??
Those are two mutually exclusive requirements.
Old Mar 1, 2008, 01:26 PM
Evolving Member

Pirelli P ZERO Corsa...... R compound my friend !
Old Mar 7, 2008, 03:50 PM
Evolving Member

does anyone have bridgestone potenza g009 tires, any pros and cons? i need all season tires and all winter long i have been skiing on bfgoodrich g force tires. i have learned to drive like im 80yrs and my wife gives me the middle finger as she passes me by! (hahaha! thats not funny!)
Old Mar 20, 2008, 09:23 AM
Evolving Member

Goodyear ResponsEdge in 205/50-16

Tires: Goodyear ResponsEdge
Miles on them so far: ~10000
Price Paid: $490 installed @ Discount Tire ($530 minus $40 mail-in; price includes their replacement, mounting, etc. package)

I was looking for an all-season tire to put on my stock wheels for the "wintery" seasons, as I intended on getting a second set of wheels/tires for summer. I didn't trust the stock RS-A's anymore (looking back, wow, what a poor tire for this car). The ResponsEdge's are absolutely fantastic compared to the stock tires. Off ramps I was squealling on at 45 on the RS-A's were now quiet at 50+. However, my greater concern was how they performed in the winter, as that's what I bought the tires for. The verdict? I didn't get stuck once all season. They worked great; obviously in FWD you have to drive gingerly from a stop, but even in that circumstance they were light years better than the RS-A's. Cornering was more secure, and the car tracked a more true line on snow. Road noise is comparable, if not a little less than stock. I am lowered on Tein S-Techs (the car was aligned after install), and the tire wear is still great, nothing abnormal. Granted, they've only got 10k on them, but I'm looking forward to more.

If you need tires and find these on sale, give 'em a try.
Old Mar 26, 2008, 02:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ok so its time for me to get a tire... what do you guys recommend for 1/4 mile drag racing 60' time. I aint worried about twisting and turning much. These tires will be on my daily driver, so they gotta be street legal. but i want GREAT traction, and (eh decent) performance in the rain....

So far i hear great things about:
Toyo proxes 4
Toyo proxes T1
BFGoodrich G-Force Sport
BFGoodrich Gforce KDW2

Of these 4 which are the best for 1/4 mile launching??? And do you recommend any others??

And what about the Nitto Drag tires? any reviews on them???

Thanks for the help.
Old Jun 30, 2008, 02:19 PM
Evolving Member

Has anyone ever had the Freedom Design strut braces on the RA? Thinking of getting one of these...http://www.freedomdesign.com/Merchan...e=strutbraces3

It says for 02 lancer but I emailed them and they said it'll fit for RA too.
Old Jun 30, 2008, 11:32 PM
Evolved Member

^that looks really cheap, why not just get the one from RRM?

Quick Reply: Suspension/Tires Review