Notices

Suspension/Tires Review

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2008, 11:43 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah... haha that's why I was wondering if anyone tried it. I found a deal online selling both the freedom design strut brace and tie bar at a cheap price. Almost out of stock so I'm not saying where it is!
Old Aug 4, 2008, 11:25 AM

General Exclaim UHP 215/40/17

Originally Posted by Tenuki
First and foremost they are cheap. And considering what they cost they are decent. On tirerack, they were rated the # 1 High Perf tire by users, but that mostly reflects the price.

They are decently sticky all around, in the dry and wet, and they have good hydroplane resistance. Push them real hard though and the sidewalls will roll, this also gives a bit of squishyness in the steering and doesn't inspire a lot of confidence.

Comfort wise, they are actually pretty close to the stock ride despite being a 215/40 17. Turns out soft sidewalls are good for something. They are a little on the noisy side, but nothing real annoying.

Overall, I probably wouldn't buy these again.

I hope this helps, I found when tire shopping it was hard to get a straight forward review of what they were like.
I got these exact same tires, but I like it! Good in dry and wet, and even in light snow.
I feel that the noise level is pretty close to our stock tires, except they are lower profile than stock which probably caused the difference.

But the tread level looks it will last longer than our stock RS-A.

So I will probably buy that again.
Old Aug 21, 2008, 08:11 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BlackRaven
Tires: Goodyear ResponsEdge
Miles on them so far: ~10000
Price Paid: $490 installed @ Discount Tire ($530 minus $40 mail-in; price includes their replacement, mounting, etc. package)

I was looking for an all-season tire to put on my stock wheels for the "wintery" seasons, as I intended on getting a second set of wheels/tires for summer. I didn't trust the stock RS-A's anymore (looking back, wow, what a poor tire for this car). The ResponsEdge's are absolutely fantastic compared to the stock tires. Off ramps I was squealling on at 45 on the RS-A's were now quiet at 50+. However, my greater concern was how they performed in the winter, as that's what I bought the tires for. The verdict? I didn't get stuck once all season. They worked great; obviously in FWD you have to drive gingerly from a stop, but even in that circumstance they were light years better than the RS-A's. Cornering was more secure, and the car tracked a more true line on snow. Road noise is comparable, if not a little less than stock. I am lowered on Tein S-Techs (the car was aligned after install), and the tire wear is still great, nothing abnormal. Granted, they've only got 10k on them, but I'm looking forward to more.

If you need tires and find these on sale, give 'em a try.
thank's for your response, but I was too late to return to my old post for all season tires! I had replaced my rear tires about 2mnths ago with Firestone Firehawk gt tires and finally replaced the fronts with the same. so far they feel good rears still look new. best test will be in the snow! (I hope it stays warm all year!) this weekend i will take a drive to tennessee and will see how good they are on long drives!
Old Sep 18, 2008, 10:51 PM

Falken Ziex Ze912

i replaced the stock goodyear rsa with Falken Ziex Ze912 and my car seems alot better and it doesnt squeak and make funny noises as the stock ones. they are alot more quieter and i like them even though some friends of mine told me they dont last as long as other tire brands but by then i will getting bigger size rims so i dont mind

overall they seem good so far
Old Dec 7, 2008, 04:06 PM
Evolving Member

anyone know how good the nitto INVO's are, i wanna get those and the 5Zigen GN+ pro racers in bronze...
Old Mar 2, 2009, 08:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Does anyone have a video with the KDW2 tires on their cars? I hear some people complain about the noise that they give off and wanted to get an idea of what I'd be in for if I bought these tires...
Old Nov 8, 2009, 02:04 PM
Evolving Member

Kuhmo Ecsta ASX

just put in my order for 4 new of these Kumho's. in the size 215/45/r17's, the roads here in New Mexico are sooo bad compared to what im used to in Florida. so a little meat on the tires is a must. ill let you guys know how it goes........(to be continued)
-Flip

oh and is anyone has had these, lemme know how you liked them, pros vs. cons. ive read some reviews already but more the more the merrier.
Old Nov 8, 2009, 11:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Raikiri
Does anyone have a video with the KDW2 tires on their cars? I hear some people complain about the noise that they give off and wanted to get an idea of what I'd be in for if I bought these tires...
They are loud. Not so loud that I couldn't stand them, in fact if I hadn't found better tires for less money, I would have bought the KDW2s again.

These are what I replaced my KDW2s with: Linky
Old Jan 18, 2010, 11:47 PM
Evolved Member

Nitto Neogen's

after running these tires for a full season i'm pround to announce that they're very very good tires!! amazing compound...very sticky in dry conditions and decently sticky in wet aswell. the compound is soft enough to give you great traction, yet not soft enough to wear too fast, which is great! well worth the money!!!

overall rating is 9/10 due to price being a little on the expensive side, but not overly crazy.

Old Mar 29, 2010, 11:24 AM
Hail to the Beard

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
I just put on Nexen n5000's last week and I love them. They are an awesome upgrade from the n2000's I previous had on my ra. The traction is good in dry and wet weather and they are not noisy at all. They ride really smooth and for the price they are an awesome tire!
Old Mar 30, 2010, 10:32 AM

Nitto Neo Gens

Originally Posted by roblaza
after running these tires for a full season i'm pround to announce that they're very very good tires!! amazing compound...very sticky in dry conditions and decently sticky in wet aswell. the compound is soft enough to give you great traction, yet not soft enough to wear too fast, which is great! well worth the money!!!

overall rating is 9/10 due to price being a little on the expensive side, but not overly crazy.

I bought a set of 4 of these and gotta say love these tires, so much better than the coopers that were on there when i bought the car from the dealership. Love the way they handle in dry conditions, pretty good in wet conditions, i also used these tires myself in winter time, they are diff not winter tires but still held together and what can you say when you live in manitoba canada
like you said well worth the money, i think i paid in around 550 cdn i would have to check the receipt.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by BLKRalliArt04
This is a great mod and is second behind the sway bar in best bang for the buck. 65 bucks shipped and is the thickest tie bar you can buy for the ralliart. Reduces a lot of understeer associated with our cars. To see pics, look in my "rate my ride" in my signature.

Final Grade - 7/10
where can i order this?
Old Jan 2, 2012, 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by Myszkewicz
New tires, springs, and a few other things...

Two days ago, I got a set of BFGoodrich g-force T/A KDW2s to replace my worn-out stock RS-As. Last weekend, I was able to finally get my Progress springs in. I also have the Progress rear sway bar and perches, and upper and lower rear tie bars.

NICE.
where did you get the perches for progress sway bar?
and where did you get both tie bars?
Old Jan 2, 2012, 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by Puddles
well i have to agree with BABYEVO1 the tie bars welds deffinetely look like they were done by an amature. looks like the first turn i take with this its gonna break... might have to redo the welds my self so i know it got done right. other than that im sure it will help with steering and cornering a lot combined with the progress swaybar
hey Puddles,
did you notive a difference with the piggyback ecu?
Old Mar 16, 2012, 11:22 PM

Which is better the Megan coilovers or the teins

Quick Reply: Suspension/Tires Review