Notices

EVO wishbones installed (with pics)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2007, 07:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I dont understand the Belt tensioner issue. The Evo's engine is mounted exactly the same, and the block is exactly the same, and the tensioner is exactly the same. The transmission, even with the transfer case creates a CV joint in the exact same place as the Ralliarts center axle bearing. This means on the Evo the axle should have the same clearance with the belt tensioner as the Ralliart has with the Evo wishbones. If you have coilovers, why not just raise the ride height to make clearance - TEIN's for example are so stiff theres never much suspension travel at all - couple that with poly engine mounts and I dont think there would be any fouling?
Old Nov 5, 2007, 11:03 AM
Evolved Member

I imagine the eve engine is in a slightly different location... The steering rack obviously is as well...
Old Nov 5, 2007, 11:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'd say it has to do with the transmission and transfer case. I could do with the coilovers. My question is if evo have coilovers, how close would their axles be if they lowered them.
Old Nov 7, 2007, 10:22 PM

no diavlo trust me, even on stock ride height, any hard corner will mess it up. Coilovers make it worse, you guys just have to trust me on this. You can try it, but..... well just trust me. No suspension travel might work, maybe until an autocross, I have pics of me autocrossing on ksports that are stiffer than teins. I have enough body roll to mess **** up. It could COULD MAYBE BUT PROBABLE NOT be because of the bushings+ball joints, If you're that curious try it yourself. I''m telling you it wont work. But if you're like me at all you'll be so stubborn that you'll try it anyways . Look at the pictures, i dunno. I'll be back on tomorrow when i'm not drunk!!!!!!!
Old Nov 17, 2007, 05:59 PM

Henrys Ralliart- Thanks for posting this. Guys like you really help further the community. Did you do just front control arms? What about the rears? I would guess the tensioner problem is because the transmission is in the same place, but the hub has moved forward so now the axle is at an angle. How many motor/tranny mounts does the lancer have? Could you move one of the mounts forward/back an inch or two to rotate the axle to avoid the tensioner? Does the evo fender bolt up to the regular lancer? What about cutting away the stock fender and using fender flares?

Wish you were closer to Texas I might be able to help out and fab up a new motor mount.

What's the problem with swapping evo struts/springs to the rear?
Old Nov 18, 2007, 06:54 AM
Evolved Member

If you are going to go these route, I think you should just convert the whole front end to an evo. As for the belt tension issue, I don't know how fix it unless it will work with the 4g63t or the 4g94.
Old Nov 18, 2007, 01:51 PM
Evolved Member

Ironically, I now have evo wishbones on my Evo IX... Least I got this one done in the end with the help of thieves! hmm
Old Nov 18, 2007, 07:05 PM
Evolved Member

Wait, you have an evo IX, what happened to your other lancer?
Old Nov 19, 2007, 08:07 AM
Evolved Member

It got stolen and assumed to have been stripped down. Insurance paid out and I now have a used Evo IX FQ-340 awaiting delivery.
Old Nov 19, 2007, 09:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
bummer, you had such a sweet project car.
Old Nov 19, 2007, 09:09 AM
Evolved Member

I guess this project won't happen then will it? I guess I need to take over the project. Tell ya what, send me your parts, I'll do the project. lol

Last edited by Juan Martinez; Nov 19, 2007 at 09:12 AM.
Old Nov 19, 2007, 04:42 PM
Evolved Member

Its odd, coz here was a guy willing to do something no-one else wanted to try.... I get so close to doing it and the car gets stolen and stripped.
Old Nov 19, 2007, 04:45 PM
Evolved Member

WHAT!!!???!!!
Old Nov 19, 2007, 04:51 PM
Evolved Member

wow juan, welcome to last week
Old Nov 20, 2007, 04:32 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah, I'm alittle out of date. What else did I miss? You should really send me a pm about these things. How much you willing to sell your conversion parts for Diavlo?

Quick Reply: EVO wishbones installed (with pics)