Notices

Firestone Tires

Old Dec 21, 2010, 09:34 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Firestone Tires

Hey guys, I'm looking for a set of tires to buy before the RA comes out of storage in the spring. I saw on Tirerack the Firestone Firehawk Wide Oval Indy 500's. They have a really high rating on there, but was curious if anyone has experience with the Firestone's?

Here is the link: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....omCompare1=yes
Old Jan 18, 2011, 10:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
being a "firestone complete auto care" tech for over a year (left now work at a dealer)....the firestone firehawk I THINK is the best FIRESTONE tire you can get for a car(not couting brigestones), the wide oval was the best model of the firehawk, then they replaced it with the wide oval indy500, personally i like them but they've been on the market for under a year, so i couldnt tell you about wearability, tho i definetly recommend it. last summer was the first set we ever installed of them at my store, it was on some old guy's 90's vette and he came back about 2 weeks later and said he thought they were the best tires hes ever had on it..and hes had quite a few sets of tires....(if u know what i mean)

i have firestone firehawk gtv on my car and i really like them, the only problem is they tend to chop alot on the indside edge even if you keep your maintenance up...having such large tread blocks it just wears funny...and its not very good in the snow even if it is a "all season"

Last edited by nekkidlad; Jan 18, 2011 at 10:14 AM.