Notices

Aggressive Wheels on 2004-2006 Lancer

 
Old May 24, 2011, 05:48 PM
  #61  
Evolved Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,736
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^ I suppose you can do whatever with the fender liner, I never bothered with it since it never became a nuisance. You already know more than I do about the fender liner
k3lv is offline  
Old Jun 2, 2011, 12:17 PM
  #62  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (9)
 
burner67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: WA state
Posts: 726
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I talked to a guy i know that owns a body shop and they have a industrial fender puller you drive the car onto. he says its for cars that were in accidents but he could pull it out real nice so im probly gonna do that in a couple months.
burner67 is offline  
Old Jun 3, 2011, 12:27 AM
  #63  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (18)
 
Cj98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Topeka, Kansas
Posts: 1,213
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking to possibly put some 5mm spacers on the car just to push them out a bit and make it look a bit better. I don't have enough money for new wheels until I can get my R6 sold.
Cj98 is offline  
Old Aug 9, 2011, 09:31 PM
  #64  
Evolving Member
iTrader: (4)
 
lancerralli06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 355
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whats the most agressive 16" wheel i could run? I'm on progress springs with 205/50/16 and would prefer not to roll the fenders
Also, how much work would it be to run a 16x8 +20?

Last edited by lancerralli06; Aug 9, 2011 at 10:39 PM.
lancerralli06 is offline  
Old Aug 9, 2011, 10:53 PM
  #65  
Evolved Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,736
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are you on stock setup right now? If you are rocking stock wheels, go take a ruler, add approx 3.2 inches to your stock wheel and see how much more you'll be sticking out. From there you can gauge if you need to roll fenders or maybe pull fenders if you're unlucky
k3lv is offline  
Old Aug 10, 2011, 06:42 AM
  #66  
Evolving Member
iTrader: (4)
 
lancerralli06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 355
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Right now im on progress in just the front and im on work equip 16x7 +45.
BTW, are our rear hubs bigger than the front? I had an issue with a different set of wheels not wanting to fit on the back over the hub but the same rims would fit on the front.

Last edited by lancerralli06; Aug 10, 2011 at 08:55 AM.
lancerralli06 is offline  
Old Aug 11, 2011, 05:12 PM
  #67  
Evolving Member
iTrader: (2)
 
RallyartRob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ontario
Posts: 492
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lancerralli06 View Post
Right now im on progress in just the front and im on work equip 16x7 +45.
BTW, are our rear hubs bigger than the front? I had an issue with a different set of wheels not wanting to fit on the back over the hub but the same rims would fit on the front.
different aftermarket companies for rims use different bore sizes so probably an issue with the rim your using i know my enkei are about 72.6 bore and they clear fine
RallyartRob is offline  
Old Aug 11, 2011, 08:41 PM
  #68  
Evolving Member
iTrader: (4)
 
lancerralli06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 355
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
but why would the same wheel fit on the front, but not the back?
lancerralli06 is offline  
Old Aug 11, 2011, 09:15 PM
  #69  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (9)
 
burner67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: WA state
Posts: 726
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Omg 72.6? Yeah they clear but that's dangerous. U need hubcentric rings for those or you'll have problems eventually. U need 72.6 to 67.1 hub rings. Real cheap on ebay they are plastic. The wheels need to rest on the hub not the studs. As for front and rear maybe the rears had hub rings on them. It would really help with pics and testing the front wheels on the rears and rears on the front.
burner67 is offline  
Old Aug 12, 2011, 06:32 AM
  #70  
Evolving Member
iTrader: (2)
 
RallyartRob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ontario
Posts: 492
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by burner67 View Post
Omg 72.6? Yeah they clear but that's dangerous. U need hubcentric rings for those or you'll have problems eventually. U need 72.6 to 67.1 hub rings. Real cheap on ebay they are plastic. The wheels need to rest on the hub not the studs. As for front and rear maybe the rears had hub rings on them. It would really help with pics and testing the front wheels on the rears and rears on the front.
yeah i was looking at the ebay hub rings but i figured they be cheap and ****ty, any good? and there not resting on my lugs the rims and the lugs are conical fit so it still centers the rim properly in the end.
RallyartRob is offline  
Old Aug 23, 2011, 06:38 PM
  #71  
Newbie
 
Vro0oom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 95
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've ordered a set of 17x7 +38 wheels and I'm planning on lowering the car with a set of coilovers in the next couple months so I'm wondering if I should go for 215/40 instead of 215/45 so that I won't have any rub issues?
Vro0oom is offline  
Old Aug 23, 2011, 10:41 PM
  #72  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (21)
 
Raikiri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 2,728
Likes: 0
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
I was thinking about picking up a 17x8.25 wheel with a +35 offset. Anyone know what kind of spacer I might need to get it to clear the suspension? I already know rolling the fenders is going to be needed and even possibly a slight pull.
Raikiri is offline  
Old Aug 24, 2011, 02:17 AM
  #73  
Evolved Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,736
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Vro0oom View Post
I've ordered a set of 17x7 +38 wheels and I'm planning on lowering the car with a set of coilovers in the next couple months so I'm wondering if I should go for 215/40 instead of 215/45 so that I won't have any rub issues?
How low is the question. Slam then 215/40. Mild/passive then 215/45. I dont know why you guys want 215/45 anyways... 215/40 is perfect width
k3lv is offline  
Old Aug 24, 2011, 02:18 AM
  #74  
Evolved Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,736
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Raikiri View Post
I was thinking about picking up a 17x8.25 wheel with a +35 offset. Anyone know what kind of spacer I might need to get it to clear the suspension? I already know rolling the fenders is going to be needed and even possibly a slight pull.
You wont need a spacer. I ran 17x8 +43 fine before, no suspension rubbing. If you want more stance then grab a 3mm/5mm. Smallest you can find.

XXR Im guessing?
k3lv is offline  
Old Aug 24, 2011, 04:05 AM
  #75  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (21)
 
Raikiri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 2,728
Likes: 0
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Yep. Xxr 527s

215/40/17 tiire good?
Raikiri is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Aggressive Wheels on 2004-2006 Lancer


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.