Power Stop Brake Pads - Z16 Pad Tested - EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

Notices

Power Stop Brake Pads - Z16 Pad Tested

Old Nov 26, 2012, 07:05 AM
EvoM Guru

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Power Stop Brake Pads - Z16 Pad Tested

Z16 CERAMIC BRAKE PADS
http://www.powerstop.com/products

Power Stopís Evolution ceramic is the fastest growing line of brake pads in North America. Professional technicians prefer Evolution ceramic pads for problem free installations and no come-backs. Our brake pads are engineered for noise free braking with dual rubber backed shims that offer 6 times more noise reduction than plain steel shims. The pad surfaces are thermal scorched for fast break-in. Evolution pads feature a true ceramic formula that keeps wheels cleaner, and wonít wear-out the rotors. Power Stop pads have 20% more stopping power than other leading brands. The premium carbon-ceramic compound is made using OE positive mold technology, that assures a uniform friction density throughout the pad and this helps control noise and premature wear. Evolution pads are manufactured under TS16949 standards to OEM specifications including chamfers and slots.
About $25 each.
POWER STOP Part # 16866
POWER STOP Part # 161037

0.34 drag coefficient

Installed on new Centric rotors on all 4 corners. 500 miles on this setup and bedded. For the $125 I have invested in all new pads and rotors - I like it.

Brake pedal has a firm feel to it. Nice stopping bite in all temperatures. No noises. Stopping bite is linear and consistent. No dust visible at this time.

Would I road race on these? No. But I would run these as a daily driver setup.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 02:00 PM

Powerstop Z17 Evolution Plus Pads

Just installed new pads on all corners of my ralliart. Apparently these pads are more aggressive than the Z16's. Will let yall know how they feel.