Notices

Evo Brembo's On Ralliart

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2015, 10:53 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Evo Brembo's On Ralliart

I don't know if this question has been asked, but will the evolutions big brembo brakes fit on our ralliarts. We are talking with callipers, rotors, and all?
Old Feb 9, 2015, 12:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Its been discussed few times that I can think of. The rear brembos will bolt right on. To get the fronts you will need the knuckles off of an Evo as well.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 11:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bakuro117
Its been discussed few times that I can think of. The rear brembos will bolt right on. To get the fronts you will need the knuckles off of an Evo as well.
i am soo close to doing this I believe the evo 5-9 brembo will work but u need the knuckle only thing im concerned about is if the axle splines will fit into the knuckle. aswell as the brake line.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 11:24 PM

i am soo close to doing this I believe the evo 5-9 brembo will work but u need the knuckle only thing im concerned about is if the axle splines will fit into the knuckle. aswell as the brake line.
Old Feb 10, 2015, 05:46 AM
Evolved Member

That Im not sure about. But I would think you could just swap the hub from the RA into the Evo Knuckle and all would be fine. Part of me doubts that mitsubishi would bother making a 5 lug hub JUST for the RA though, since the other lancer models only had 4 lugs. So I would be willing to bet that its the same hub from the Evo and that the spline count would be fine. Again if its not, switching the hubs should solve that issue.
Old Feb 14, 2015, 11:37 PM

That Im not sure about. But I would think you could just swap the hub from the RA into the Evo Knuckle and all would be fine. Part of me doubts that mitsubishi would bother making a 5 lug hub JUST for the RA though, since the other lancer models only had 4 lugs. So I would be willing to bet that its the same hub from the Evo and that the spline count would be fine. Again if its not, switching the hubs should solve that issue.
AT LAST!! I have confirmed that it will work, and I will be doing it pretty soon here, I went to a local JDM shop that has evo5 knuckles with brembos, took my spare axle and slid into the evo knuckle NO PROBLEM. Picture coming soon
Old Feb 15, 2015, 02:02 AM
Evolving Member

following ^^^^
Old Feb 15, 2015, 09:30 AM
Evolved Member

Good stuff! Document for us when uou do the swap. That way we can put a. End to this question and just point people here from now on!
Old Feb 15, 2015, 10:10 AM

Will most definitely be doing it and documenting it for sure , lol I just might be the first person with a ra yet alone a ra sportback to do it ahaha.
Price wise its gonna be expensive, but u pay wat u get for am I right? I'm not sure if I've even cracked the news yet but I bought another Ralliart . I bought a manual sedan back in October to fix up (suffered a nasty curb hit) which is now fixed. That will soon be my daily driver as my sportback goes under renovation. Now as for pricing I've roughly estimated it like this

360 - evo front knuckles
600 - front brembo calipers
400 - rear brembos
140 - Stainless steel brake lines
150 -per power slot rotor
150 - front hawk street ceramic pads
90 - rear hawk street ceramic pads

Whic equals to about ~ 2500

With that being said.... That roughly like.... My 2 months pay? Ahahaha I will slowly start collecting parts and most likely will have it all pieced together by summer time.once I start getting everything I will be creating a thread.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 10:28 AM

http://s288.photobucket.com/user/tri...v2dnq.jpg.html
Old Feb 15, 2015, 05:31 PM
Evolving Member

I'm glad my question has inspired someone to take on the project. I keep asking all of these fun questions because in the long run im looking to do a complete drive train conversion. Because Ralliart. I plan on converting the ralliart that I have now into one of the nastiest RA's ever. I've been video documenting the entire build, and I will make it available for everyone when it is done. Plan on buying a totaled evo for the conversion.... I will not be making it awd though.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 07:39 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Buy used! Hub/knuckles on eBay less than 80$ I just got used evo brembos fronts shipped for 230$ have to rebuild. I wanted to change color anyway. I bought a outlander as a dd .
Old Feb 15, 2015, 11:23 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by rong.
Buy used! Hub/knuckles on eBay less than 80$ I just got used evo brembos fronts shipped for 230$ have to rebuild. I wanted to change color anyway. I bought a outlander as a dd .
On ebay right now you can get everything you need for the swap for about $1100. The calipers won't be new, but they will work.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 11:26 PM
Evolving Member

Plan on talking to the wife in the morning Josh, see what she has to say.... Got to ask permission ya know! I just spent like 3 grand on stuff for my RA, another 1200 won't brake the bank I don't think.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 01:03 AM

well now that I know that this brake swap is compatiable with the ra and possible im actually browsing around more and more , itching to just jump in and do it already. as im searching around to upgrade multiple things on the sportback I came across this
http://www.amsperformance.com/cart/A...t-(Front).html
possibly thinking of purchasing evo knuckle and maybe doing this, they are roughly the stock size rotor of the ralliart and can fit behind a 15" wheel (with proper offset/ spacing) which means if worst ever came to worst I could throw my stockies equipped with winter tires and drive it, it aint no brembos but its more suitable and more cost effective/reliable then buying the used brembos and having to rebuild them.
any thoughts on this?

Quick Reply: Evo Brembo's On Ralliart