Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

The Ultimate 2009 Ralliart Thread mega merge

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2008, 08:04 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Final Info Ralliart 2009!!!!

At last!! ralliart 2009
http://media.mitsubishicars.com/

all the info we want.

also more detail pics here:

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/au...cerralliart500
Old Jan 13, 2008, 08:17 PM
Evolved Member

Location: Work - New York, Alaska, Mexico or the Caribbean. -Home - Tx Hill Country
Looks great, but I don't see a wagon. I'd love to have an EVO wagon, but a RA would be almost as good. Hopefully Mitsu will continue the RA wagon and give me something to think about buying.
Old Jan 13, 2008, 08:34 PM

Just when you think Mitsubishi is going to do things right, they come up with... this! AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION!?!?!?!??!?!

I don't care how good that tranny is, its still auto!

Let's hope they do it right before they hit the showrooms...
Old Jan 13, 2008, 08:43 PM
Former Vendor

they just cant give it a 5 speed, that would be a great low bugdet car for people.
Old Jan 13, 2008, 08:56 PM
Evolved Member

Last edited by Vishnu_Evo8; Jan 13, 2008 at 08:58 PM.
Old Jan 13, 2008, 09:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Does the EVO X get a 5 speed?? If it does i bet they can swap straight across if they don't come out with one for RA.....It is the same engine with the same transmission bolt pattern i would guess....we will find out soon....
Old Jan 13, 2008, 09:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dafarmer69
they just cant give it a 5 speed, that would be a great low bugdet car for people.
I wrote this in another thread, but....

They chose the SST "auto transmission" so people cant tune the crap out of it easily to have as much or more hp then the Evo, its an easy business decision, right?

If its true the SST will make the 4B11T hard to tune, this makes perfect sense. Possible buyers have a right to be bummed, but it makes sense for Mitsu in the long run.
Old Jan 13, 2008, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by Tristar Racing

They chose the SST "auto transmission" so people cant tune the crap out of it easily to have as much or more hp then the Evo, its an easy business decision, right?

If its true the SST will make the 4B11T hard to tune, this makes perfect sense. Possible buyers have a right to be bummed, but it makes sense for Mitsu in the long run.
You're absolutely right. From the business standpoint it sort of makes sense for Mitsubishi, but then it also defeats the (its) purpose. Majority of people who buy these types of cars like to shift their own gears. It's as if they're saying look at it but don't drive it.

For that I'd go with the GTS manual, but then again I'm also lookng for AWD... Oh well, I guess I won't be driving a Mitsu anytime soon
Old Jan 13, 2008, 10:34 PM

yeah...my next car is no longer the ralliart...unless they send out a manual sometime =(
Old Jan 13, 2008, 10:37 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by JoeRally
yeah...my next car is no longer the ralliart...unless they send out a manual sometime =(
sadly, i feel the same way
Old Jan 13, 2008, 10:46 PM

I love my current RA, no way i would give it in for that new auto RA.
Old Jan 13, 2008, 10:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Tristar Racing

nice conspiracy theory but i don't think mitsu cares about tuners all that much. if people wouldn't buy it because of the SST, they'd scrap it in a second. BUT the reality is that most americans drive auto, so SST as STANDARD is a BIG, HUGE selling point. you're getting $40K Evo technology as standard! think of all the high school kids that will beg their parents for one! sales will go thru the roof is price is not much more than the WRX.

if the car were 25K and the SST (which MOST buyers will choose) is like a 2-3k option, then the car is no longer a value at 28K. if you make all the cars SST that may lower the cost and we may get it at about 26-27k. really, REALLY attractive to the REAL target buyer....the casual sporty sedan buyer. not tuners who would pay extra for the evo's goodies.
Old Jan 13, 2008, 11:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Vostok 7
Sounds like they are really going to try to market it as a EVO RS replacement. Probably not going to be in the WRX price range, more like the RS price range (slightly under $30k base).

If it did hit at the WRX price range, though, it'll sell like there's no tomorrow. I just don't see that happening.

- Patrick
Looks like a great little car, but it'd be a ****-poor replacement for the RS. Too loaded. They clearly say it's got FAST (so power locks), the pics show power windows, there's a sunroof available, it's got 18" wheels that look heavy, it's down on power significantly to the main-line GSR/MR, and I could keep going, but you get the idea.

25000-26000 base.
Old Jan 14, 2008, 07:22 AM
Evolved Member

Location: Work - New York, Alaska, Mexico or the Caribbean. -Home - Tx Hill Country
Originally Posted by madfast
nice conspiracy theory but i don't think mitsu cares about tuners all that much. if people wouldn't buy it because of the SST, they'd scrap it in a second. BUT the reality is that most americans drive auto, so SST as STANDARD is a BIG, HUGE selling point. you're getting $40K Evo technology as standard! think of all the high school kids that will beg their parents for one! sales will go thru the roof is price is not much more than the WRX.

if the car were 25K and the SST (which MOST buyers will choose) is like a 2-3k option, then the car is no longer a value at 28K. if you make all the cars SST that may lower the cost and we may get it at about 26-27k. really, REALLY attractive to the REAL target buyer....the casual sporty sedan buyer. not tuners who would pay extra for the evo's goodies.
+1. There are much cheaper ways to limit hp if that's truly their goal. I'm sure like the MR, if they need a 6 speed or 5 speed to sell them, they'll build them that way.
Old Jan 14, 2008, 07:34 AM

Its on the front page of car and drivers website. 310 lbs of torque? Wowsers

http://www.caranddriver.com/autoshow...-ralliart.html

Quick Reply: The Ultimate 2009 Ralliart Thread mega merge