Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Deposit on '09 RA's??

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2008, 07:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah thats what I have heard and read, but didnt know if maybe someone else has read something different.
im sure the pricing is going to up considerably if the recaros and such as an option are picked up, but why do that? ive already seen quite a few people swap out their evo x recaros for seats like bride and stuff so.....hello for sale forums on good ol evom
Old Mar 7, 2008, 10:33 AM
Evolved Member

I am a dealer and I can't even order them yet... But I think it will sell much better than the evo based on price point

I think $25k ish also and maybe $2k for the recaro sport pack? And another $2k for nav... Seems a good deal for 235 hp, awd, and the SST ....

I'm trying to decide between this and an MR myself , I need to SST ... Married and all
Old Mar 7, 2008, 04:19 PM
Evolving Member

I went in a few days ago to see if they had any info. the Dealers have no idea whats going on, so I won't be putting down a deposit. Infact the sales guy tried to argue with me about it being Awd, and told me it didn't have a turbo. Then when I try to correct him he was like " how would you know? You're a Girl!"

Needless to say I will not be shopping there.

I decided because I am poor and need to save some more cash, that I'm going to wait till the 2010 model comes out and try to ****** an 09' off the lot then.
Shouldn't be to hard I live between three Major markets.

I wouldn't put down a deposit until I had some firmer release information and prices.
Old Mar 7, 2008, 04:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sicnevol
I went in a few days ago to see if they had any info. the Dealers have no idea whats going on, so I won't be putting down a deposit. Infact the sales guy tried to argue with me about it being Awd, and told me it didn't have a turbo. Then when I try to correct him he was like " how would you know? You're a Girl!"

Needless to say I will not be shopping there.

I decided because I am poor and need to save some more cash, that I'm going to wait till the 2010 model comes out and try to ****** an 09' off the lot then.
Shouldn't be to hard I live between three Major markets.

I wouldn't put down a deposit until I had some firmer release information and prices.
The dealer being clueless about the Lancer Ralliart (2009) is pretty much par for the course, unless someone else has already tipped them off that it's coming out. I practically had to drag the people at my dealer onto the internet to show them the car, but then again, at the time it was only a week after Detroit, where it was announced.

As for the sales guy being rude, it's a pity you don't have the cash, because the managers might cut you a better deal on account of the sales guy's very bad attitude. Glad you have other dealers nearby -- there's never any excuse for a salesperson being rude... I walked away from our local Subaru/Volvo dealer a few years back when the sales guy tried to sell me a Volvo instead of a WRX (?!) after claiming that WRX's were just for "stupid kids" (!!) -- he also muttered something about Gran Turismo, but by then I had stopped listening and was busy thinking of excuses to leave.
Old Mar 7, 2008, 05:32 PM
Evolved Member

yea, im pretty much the only guy in my dealership that likes cars.... lol
Old Mar 7, 2008, 07:19 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Shahul X

If only you were in Ohio. Then I would actually have some one to talk to when I go to the Dealer.

I think i might try to get 7 grand together for a Down payment, so I would only be paying monthly like 350. I can handle that.
Old Mar 8, 2008, 05:08 AM
Evolved Member

yea... That's why I tell everyone on here to ask for me when they come in or they will say tv same thing about my dealership

It really depends on who you talk to... And I'll discount them right of the bat... I'm doing $500 over invoice on a gsr evo x I have right now...

Ohio isnt so far from md
Old Mar 8, 2008, 08:55 AM
Evolving Member

nope, not really. Maybe I'll drive down with my brother when I'm looking to buy.
Old Mar 8, 2008, 08:11 PM
Evolved Member

cool
Old Mar 8, 2008, 08:51 PM
Evolving Member

well the other day when i went to Cherry Hill Mitsubishi to see what was goin on with my SRS Light being on i started looking at the Evo X and i was talkin to a friend of mine that works their and he was the only one out of everyone that works there that new about the 09 RA
Old Mar 9, 2008, 02:39 PM

Wow... thats nuts lol I am actually talking to Rafael haha he said when he knows someone about them he will give me a call. (I live in olney). So I am def buying from rockville.
Old Mar 9, 2008, 06:18 PM
Evolved Member

oh cool.. I have alot of friends who lived in olney... Magruder and Sherwood hs... Raphael is a great guy, I will help him order the one you want
Old Mar 9, 2008, 11:11 PM

sweet

oh cool.. I have alot of friends who lived in olney... Magruder and Sherwood hs... Raphael is a great guy, I will help him order the one you want
haha you rock man.. keep me posted, he knows me and has my name and number. i went to blake myself but yeah i know all everyone in this area haha.
Old Mar 16, 2008, 07:05 PM

Mitsubishi is really irritating me. I have to have this car immediately. I've been checking this board and googling the crap out of this car to see when it will be released. It's like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

Mr. Shahul, any eta's yet? Also, have you shipped any cars to Socal?

Thanks.
Old Mar 16, 2008, 07:07 PM

p.s.
Subscribed

Quick Reply: Deposit on '09 RA's??