Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Differences b/t RA and Evo X & GTS?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2008, 10:28 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just saw that pdf file...wow, 3462 lbs...and looking at the cargo capacities, it seems like the seats dont fold

edit: just checked the mitsu website, the cargo dimensions dont even match for the regular lancer...hmmm

Last edited by EzeE1o; Mar 13, 2008 at 10:31 AM.
Old Mar 13, 2008, 11:32 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EzeE1o
just saw that pdf file...wow, 3462 lbs...and looking at the cargo capacities, it seems like the seats dont fold

edit: just checked the mitsu website, the cargo dimensions dont even match for the regular lancer...hmmm
What makes you think the seats don't fold?

Also, I won't be surprised if the cargo volume is slightly less than the FWD lancers. I've seen the same thing happen on other cars that have both FWD and AWD models. They usually have to raise the cargo floor to accommodate the extra drivetrain bits in the rear.

Last edited by Option; Mar 13, 2008 at 11:36 AM.
Old Mar 13, 2008, 01:33 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Option
What makes you think the seats don't fold?

Also, I won't be surprised if the cargo volume is slightly less than the FWD lancers. I've seen the same thing happen on other cars that have both FWD and AWD models. They usually have to raise the cargo floor to accommodate the extra drivetrain bits in the rear.
the reason that its smaller than the stated capacity of the regular lancer, but a bit bigger than an Evo (due to no battery in the back)...but now that u mention the 4wd parts (rear diff, etc) then that makes sense

o well, this is all speculation on my part
Old Mar 13, 2008, 05:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
battery in the back??? maybe i missed something in this conversation.
Old Mar 13, 2008, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by fkdrcrs
battery in the back??? maybe i missed something in this conversation.
The Evo X has its battery located in the trunk for better weight distribution. I'm pretty sure the engine bay pic of the officially released 09 RA photos shows the battery up front under the intake.. so those guys were just saying how the RA should have more trunk space than the Evo X (battery) but less than the base Lancers (AWD parts).
Old Mar 13, 2008, 06:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ok thanks, i dont do much reading on the X and the RA battery is def. under the hood.
Old Mar 13, 2008, 08:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fkdrcrs
ok thanks, i dont do much reading on the X and the RA battery is def. under the hood.
That's good to know -- the main reason the Evo X seats don't fold is that the battery is right behind them (and apparently also the windshield washer fluid -- at least in the Canadian model I saw -- bizarre). Makes it a lot more likely that the Ralliart seats will fold... anyone notice where the windshield washer fluid was in the RA?
Old Mar 13, 2008, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by aestival
That's good to know -- the main reason the Evo X seats don't fold is that the battery is right behind them (and apparently also the windshield washer fluid -- at least in the Canadian model I saw -- bizarre). Makes it a lot more likely that the Ralliart seats will fold... anyone notice where the windshield washer fluid was in the RA?
The windshield washer fluid reservior looks like it's tucked away behind/underneath the passenger side headlight unit.

Also, in regards to the rear-folding seats: it's not because the Evo has the battery in the trunk there -- it's because of the AYC control unit that's tucked directly all along the back of those seats.

Last edited by Taryon; Mar 13, 2008 at 08:31 PM.
Old Mar 13, 2008, 10:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Taryon
The windshield washer fluid reservior looks like it's tucked away behind/underneath the passenger side headlight unit.

Also, in regards to the rear-folding seats: it's not because the Evo has the battery in the trunk there -- it's because of the AYC control unit that's tucked directly all along the back of those seats.
...and the extra structural bracing in the same area.
Old Mar 14, 2008, 05:31 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Taryon

Oh -- that's a lot more than meets the eye, then. Guess they figured since the seats couldn't fold down with the AYC unit, they might as well slap more stuff right behind the seats too.

Anyone know where they mount the audio package subwoofer?
Old Mar 14, 2008, 08:14 AM
Evolving Member

ok...if the RA does not have a folding seat, it BETTER at the least have an armrest pass through
Old Mar 14, 2008, 09:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Oh -- that's a lot more than meets the eye, then. Guess they figured since the seats couldn't fold down with the AYC unit, they might as well slap more stuff right behind the seats too.

Driver's side wheel well in the trunk. It's been the same for the base Lancers as well as the Evo X.
Old Mar 14, 2008, 10:20 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EzeE1o
ok...if the RA does not have a folding seat, it BETTER at the least have an armrest pass through
So far I've heard nothing that suggests the rear seats won't fold down.
Old Mar 14, 2008, 10:29 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Option
So far I've heard nothing that suggests the rear seats won't fold down.

after seeing this pic of the (canadian) back seat, im not sure if it folds...it doesnt look like it is split 60/40....i also dont know what a GTS seat looks like
Old Mar 14, 2008, 05:46 PM
Evolving Member

On the right side in the trunk

Quick Reply: Differences b/t RA and Evo X & GTS?