Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

2009 Lancer Ralliart in Canadian TV ad

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2008, 03:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LAWL there is no competition between the RA and WRX for this year...ill take an auto RA any day over that ugly *** car...
Old May 11, 2008, 04:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Arithmetic
They really need to make a stick option because there are people who cant afford the Evo but want to shift through the gears. Auto = trash for car enthusiast who want to control the way they drive.

Mitsu really miss the mark with that one, can't be WRX fighter if there is no M/T available.
IT IS A MANUAL TRANSMISSION. YOU CAN SHIFT YOURSELF.
Old May 11, 2008, 05:41 PM

Hes talking about having an actual gearbox...the RA's tranny is fully controllable with paddles minus manual clutch and gearbox...its not that bad of a trade off considering how fast those shifts are gonna be
Old May 11, 2008, 05:54 PM
Evolved Member

It's manual in the same sense that an F430 or a Gallardo is. That's good enough company for me.
Old May 11, 2008, 06:20 PM
Account Disabled

They really need to make a stick option because there are people who cant afford the Evo but want to shift through the gears. Auto = trash for car enthusiast who want to control the way they drive.

Mitsu really miss the mark with that one, can't be WRX fighter if there is no M/T available.
Eventually the H pattern gearboxes will disappear. Just get used to it. No car company really needs to pander to people that want an H pattern anymore.
Old May 11, 2008, 06:28 PM
Evolving Member

every one is hatin on this SST trans when NO one has even taken it for a spin yet...
Old May 11, 2008, 06:56 PM
Evolving Member

I don't think that people get that this transmission isn't cvt, it's BETTER. I've read that the Evo MR will be slightly faster then the GSR because of this transmission which gives faster shifts without the clutch but I do understand that people want to be in control.
Old May 11, 2008, 07:43 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by mezzedupdream
I don't think that people get that this transmission isn't cvt, it's BETTER. I've read that the Evo MR will be slightly faster then the GSR because of this transmission which gives faster shifts without the clutch but I do understand that people want to be in control.
I think it was in a previous 2008 Sport Compact Car issue that the MR was faster around some track by two seconds than the GSR.
Old May 11, 2008, 07:44 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by mezzedupdream
I think it was in a previous 2008 Sport Compact Car issue that the MR was faster around some track by two seconds than the GSR. Both cars were driven by the same professional driver.
Old May 11, 2008, 07:45 PM
Evolved Member

The SST is not a Automatic, the only thing automatic on it, its that you can put it on D or something and it shift for you.

But The SST its a DUAL CLUTCH tranny wich its supposed to outperform any traditional manual tranny, it should shift faster than a human, the only thing is that you wont have a clutch pedal, but if mitsu do their homework, the SST EVO and Ralliart Will Be Faster than the Manual tranny models

Yeah I find it a little boring , not having the 3rd pedal, but the twin clutch tranny its so incredible that I think I can live without the 3rd pedal.

^^ALL THAT depends on how well mitsu do their homework.
Old May 11, 2008, 07:50 PM
Evolved Member

for those of you that dont know, or want to know more, search for the DSG tranny of VW, theres a lot of vid. on youtube, even videos of comparison MANUAL vs DSG,

DSG = SST of VW (twin clutch tranny)
Old May 11, 2008, 08:11 PM
Evolving Member

is the op video link still working because it's not playing for me.
Old May 11, 2008, 08:25 PM
Evolving Member

never mind needed quicktime
Old May 12, 2008, 08:44 AM

I agree with not judging the SST too early. Already the mag's are saying how awesome the SST is in the MR. I know that the RA might have a somewhat detuned tranny but atleast the reviews are good. Also, for all the complainers, I have been a long time honda enthusiast. You want depressing go to the honda forums. Honda's Halo car being the civic si ... I'll let you make up your own mind. So as long as this averages mid 20's mpg, where do I sign?
Old May 14, 2008, 03:28 PM
Evolved Member

Pretty cool commercial!

Quick Reply: 2009 Lancer Ralliart in Canadian TV ad