Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

2009 Lancer Ralliart in Canadian TV ad

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2008, 04:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Too many people (who probably aren't too technically savey) think the SST is an automatic. I keep trying to explain to them that it's a manual transmission that's automated. Automatics have torque converters which dual clutches, do not. Anyhow, I'm going for the SST. Id still get it even if the 5-speed was being released at the same time. Every car I've had was a trad. manual, so I'm using this opportunity to try something different. It's not like you'll be stuck with the car forever destined to drive it into your old age. Besides, I have a GT3065 powered AWD Talon with a 5-speed if I get the ich for a 3rd pedal, haha.
Old May 19, 2008, 10:46 AM
Evolved Member

Exclamation

Oh, come on now! What is an automatic transmission if it isn't one that shifts for you?!?!

You SST lovers go get an SST car and give the rest of us a break! There's already a poll up that shows that most of us won't have anything to do with the auto tranny anyway...

So you guys go out and buy it as soon as it's out... that way the new RalliArt will be a commercial succes and the second year Mitsubishi will add the M/T to the options. And then it will be a much bigger succes because I'll go out and buy one... me and hundreds others who will not buy it until it comes with a M/T.

Automatic sports cars uh? Riiiight...
Old May 19, 2008, 02:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WoRkZ
Oh, come on now! What is an automatic transmission if it isn't one that shifts for you?!?!

You SST lovers go get an SST car and give the rest of us a break! There's already a poll up that shows that most of us won't have anything to do with the auto tranny anyway...

So you guys go out and buy it as soon as it's out... that way the new RalliArt will be a commercial succes and the second year Mitsubishi will add the M/T to the options. And then it will be a much bigger succes because I'll go out and buy one... me and hundreds others who will not buy it until it comes with a M/T.

The TC-SST can be driven in manual mode -- is automatic so evil that you can't even stand to have the option to turn it on? -- anyway, do you really think you're in direct control of a modern car? The reason chip mods work so well is because you are not really in control of very much at all. Then again, if pushing down on a pedal with your left foot makes you feel important, go wild.
Old May 19, 2008, 05:21 PM
Evolved Member

Talking

Originally Posted by aestival
...anyway, do you really think you're in direct control of a modern car? The reason chip mods work so well is because you are not really in control of very much at all.
That is why I will keep buying M/T cars... so at least I can still decide when to shift the damn gears. And BTW, I don't quite fancy the option of mixing my own fuel and oxygen by hand or reversing the polarity on the windshield wipers motors each time they hit the end of their run...

So as you said, I (and most sports cars enthusiasts) will still "go wild" pushing my third pedal. But hey, since you don't seem to know where the fun can be had driving a sporty car, go ahead and let the computer do the driving for you. As I said, as long as some of you guys buy Mitsubishi's fancy hydraulic A/T, they will make money on it... then they can broaden the options range for the following years and offer us enthusiasts a real tranny.

BTW: You can go on with your SST fanboy arguments until your fingers go numb... I have much better things to do than argue with you.
Old May 19, 2008, 08:37 PM
Evolved Member

That is why I will keep buying M/T cars... so at least I can still decide when to shift the damn gears.
The TC-SST allows you to do that, because it is a manual transmission (just twin clutch instead of single) -- maybe the gears just aren't 'damn' enough for you?

Just because there's an automatic mode doesn't mean you ever have to use it.
Old May 19, 2008, 09:21 PM
Evolved Member

M3, M5, M6, IS-F, F430, Enzo, GT-R, Veyron, Gallardo, Murcielago. You're right. Clearly, cars with paddle-shifter setups are all worthless.
Old May 19, 2008, 09:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by hibby
M3, M5, M6, IS-F, F430, Enzo, GT-R, Veyron, Gallardo, Murcielago. You're right. Clearly, cars with paddle-shifter setups are all worthless.

Don't mind people who are still stuck in the 80s when autos really were worthless. Although I understand the advanced technology and what it is capable of, I recently moved from driving an auto to a manual 6 speed in the MR and it was amazing. I love it! Even if the paddle shift is now available I just can't bring myself to buying one just yet. After switching to a manual I wouldn't buy an Auto car again. A paddle-shift setup is probly more realistic in the distance future.
Old May 20, 2008, 10:16 AM
Evolved Member

Good news, apparently Mitsubishi Canada will be taking orders from dealers in mid-June for the 2009 Ralliart, with the options selection clear by then too (though in Canada that may be only the colour).

Bad news would be that they took orders for the 2008 Evo X MR months ago, and they're still nowhere to be seen.
Old May 20, 2008, 10:37 AM
Evolved Member

Remember though, the Lancer chassis has to be modified outside of the main plant in order to build the EVO out of it (or at least, that's how they've always done it in the past)... so maybe there won't be a supply problem with the RalliArt.

That being said, I'd wait at least 6 months before buying any new model from any company.
Old May 20, 2008, 11:35 AM
Evolved Member

anyone have a direct link? that page crashes every browser i try to view it in
Old May 20, 2008, 01:02 PM
Evolved Member

IF the EVO 9 had SST or steprtonic or DSG would have gotten one. Manual is soo damn retro..
Old May 20, 2008, 04:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Hellacious
anyone have a direct link? that page crashes every browser i try to view it in
If you mean the original ad (in QuickTime/mp4 format), then here's a screen shot of the bit at the end where the release date is clearly given (sorry, threw away the original video, so this is just a grab from the mp4):
Attached Thumbnails 2009 Lancer Ralliart in Canadian TV ad-summer2008frame.jpg