Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

2009 Lancer Ralliart in Canadian TV ad

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2008, 02:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 Lancer Ralliart in Canadian TV ad

The 2009 Lancer Ralliart appears at the end of a new Canadian TV ad -- follow link below, see three cars at end; the Ralliart's on the left -- the ad also end with the small type reading that the Ralliart will be available in "Summer 2008":

http://web.mac.com/prof/Site_2/Mitsu...ada_tv_ad.html
Old Apr 5, 2008, 03:09 PM

Come on Summer 2008!

I wish it said "also available with a Manual Transmission"!!!
Old Apr 5, 2008, 03:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Suppy7
Come on Summer 2008!

I wish it said "also available with a Manual Transmission"!!!
They already said no to that in Canada, but you can always hope things will be different in the US.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 12:13 AM

It will be available in M/T in Canada same time as in US but unknown when.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 04:25 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Lan4g94cer
It will be available in M/T in Canada same time as in US but unknown when.
That's reasonable, but it would be unusual -- auto manufacturers routinely present Canada (smaller market) with fewer packages, features, and options than the corresponding US markets. Heck, we're probably lucky the Ralliart is coming here at all: we were Evo-less for many years (until the start of 2009, I believe) while they were happily selling them in the US.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by aestival
They already said no to that in Canada, but you can always hope things will be different in the US.
I didn't know that
Old Apr 7, 2008, 12:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Suppy7
I didn't know that
They only said no for the initial release -- no idea what they'll do with the transmission in future years, though it's hopefully a safe bet that we'll never see a CVT Lancer Ralliart...
Old Apr 7, 2008, 01:31 PM

There has not been any updates on the RA in a long time i wouldnt be suprised if they pushed the dates back to the fall/winter release.I mean its April and still no offical price or anything on this car???Am thinking they still got minor problems with the SST or they just dont want to steal away from the evo sales which are slowing down if u go into the evo section and check the amount of evo x's still on the dealership lots.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 04:37 PM
Evolved Member

There has not been any updates on the RA in a long time i wouldnt be suprised if they pushed the dates back to the fall/winter release.I mean its April and still no offical price or anything on this car???Am thinking they still got minor problems with the SST or they just dont want to steal away from the evo sales which are slowing down if u go into the evo section and check the amount of evo x's still on the dealership lots.
Maybe, but the reason I started this thread is that Mitsubishi Canada just started running TV ads that say "Summer 2008" -- didn't I make that part clear enough? Hardly likely they'd run the ads with that small print if they didn't intend to release the RA in Summer 2008 (OK, maybe that's when they'll start taking orders, and summer could mean the end of August, but it's still a better sign than all the silence from Mitsubishi corporate).
Old Apr 7, 2008, 05:51 PM
Evolving Member

If it plays out anything like the regular lancer début, we could easily see Ralliarts at the dealer lots this summer. I remember seeing the official base lancer unveiling pressrulease and then, literally a month later, I was sitting in a new lancer at the local dealer. Then again, the Evo was unveiled before the base lancer and we only recently got those AND we still don’t have the MR.
Old May 9, 2008, 12:31 PM

i've seen the commercial many times before, but i never noticed the small print until you pointed it out, aestival.

good find.

hopefully, they can give us more information soon.
Old May 9, 2008, 02:50 PM
Evolved Member

HWo will dealers sell ralliarts along side GSR evos???
Old May 9, 2008, 05:30 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ExcessLancer
HWo will dealers sell ralliarts along side GSR evos???
Easily...
The ralliart is ~8k cheaper and comes with an automatic. I think the dealers are going to have a harder time selling the GSRs.
Old May 10, 2008, 10:16 AM

this car will definitely hurt the gsr sales...alongside when the MR is released
Old May 10, 2008, 12:59 PM
Evolved Member

They really need to make a stick option because there are people who cant afford the Evo but want to shift through the gears. Auto = trash for car enthusiast who want to control the way they drive.

Mitsu really miss the mark with that one, can't be WRX fighter if there is no M/T available.

Quick Reply: 2009 Lancer Ralliart in Canadian TV ad