Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

2009 Ralli Art Featured in Sport Compact Car Magazine

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2008, 12:48 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 Ralli Art Featured in Sport Compact Car Magazine

I picked up the newest issue of Sport Compact Car at a grocery store and they had an 09 Ralli Art on the cover. There is actually a full 3-page atricle giving some good technical information on the car. With quotes from Pete Kang from Works and Rob Tallini from Road Race Motorsports. SCC have also heard the rumors about the TC-SST tranny but they are saying the limit is 315bhp. SCC also suggest waiting on the 5spd version of the ralli art. From what Pete from WORKS said it seems like they might be the onest to crack the computer on the tranny. Im currently working on a summary which will inclue the exact quotes from Pete and Rob. I will post when finished.
Old May 21, 2008, 01:50 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the post, ill have to try and look for one
Old May 21, 2008, 07:00 PM
Evolved Member

Saw this the other day, and the article did a nice job of portraying the car in a positive light. Hopefully feature pieces like this help build a following for the Ralliart...given its heritage and hardware, it certainly deserves attention.
Old May 21, 2008, 08:01 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mitsubeastin
I picked up the newest issue of Sport Compact Car at a grocery store and they had an 09 Ralli Art on the cover. There is actually a full 3-page atricle giving some good technical information on the car. With quotes from Pete Kang from Works and Rob Tallini from Road Race Motorsports. SCC have also heard the rumors about the TC-SST tranny but they are saying the limit is 315bhp. SCC also suggest waiting on the 5spd version of the ralli art. From what Pete from WORKS said it seems like they might be the onest to crack the computer on the tranny. Im currently working on a summary which will inclue the exact quotes from Pete and Rob. I will post when finished.
I have the article to, it says at least 315 bhp. I'm betting it's more like 350-360 bhp (280-290 whp).
Old May 21, 2008, 08:04 PM
Evolving Member

If 315bhp is the limit then the MR is ****ed lol. I highly doubt thats the limit
Old May 21, 2008, 08:29 PM
Evolving Member

I think Im just going to wait it out and get the 5spd. Then hopefully by the time it arrives I will have 2 turbo ralli arts
Old May 21, 2008, 09:25 PM

any idea when the 5spd might come out? i'm already getting antsy waiting for the '09 to come out, haha. i'm in dire need of a new car..
Old May 22, 2008, 04:13 AM
Account Disabled

They also mentioned that the RA will be using tires that have a lower tread wear rating than the Evo X. So I assume that the RA's tires have a stickier rubber compound than the X's tires.

RA=Advan A10=160 A A

X=Advan A13=180 A A
Old May 22, 2008, 11:55 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by VincentX
They also mentioned that the RA will be using tires that have a lower tread wear rating than the Evo X. So I assume that the RA's tires have a stickier rubber compound than the X's tires.

RA=Advan A10=160 A A

X=Advan A13=180 A A
me thinks that's just to make up the lack of contact patch from the smaller tires. we've also yet to see very aggressive fitments in the GTS body style so that may be a concern also.

either way please do NOT construe this to mean the RA will out handle or out grip an evo...
Old May 22, 2008, 01:09 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by madfast
me thinks that's just to make up the lack of contact patch from the smaller tires. we've also yet to see very aggressive fitments in the GTS body style so that may be a concern also.
Yes, most likely to compensate for 30mm less contact patch.

either way please do NOT construe this to mean the RA will out handle or out grip an evo...
If you are talking about an Evo X MR, yes, the RA will not out handle and out grip it. But the RA does weigh 146 pounds less than the X MR. But I'm sure S-AWC will over compensate for that weight penalty. I'm pretty certain it will almost equal the Evo IX in grip and handling, though.
Old May 22, 2008, 02:22 PM
Evolving Member

does it have any info on the release date?
Old May 22, 2008, 03:07 PM
Evolving Member

I was at the dealer testing evo's and normal lancers today and he said the manager said it's pushed back again, like late fall sept/oct
Old May 22, 2008, 07:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoX326
does it have any info on the release date?
Posted this elsewhere here, but Mitsubishi Canada will apparently be taking orders from dealers for the 2009 Ralliart in mid-June (that's what they're telling dealers). Based on the Evo X MR order-ship times, that would mean November, but that could possibly mean 2009 Ralliarts in Canada as early as late August. My guess is November, because they won't want to crowd the MR.
Old May 22, 2008, 10:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by VincentX
If you are talking about an Evo X MR, yes, the RA will not out handle and out grip it. But the RA does weigh 146 pounds less than the X MR. But I'm sure S-AWC will over compensate for that weight penalty. I'm pretty certain it will almost equal the Evo IX in grip and handling, though.
i hope the RA can match the IX's lateral grip, but handling... well that's gonna be a hard one.

all indications are that the RA is just gonna use the GTS suspension. while the GTS is nice handling in it's own right, it ain't no evo. the chassis is stiffer than the IX, but that doesn't even tell half the story. spring rates, damping, CG, etc. all have a lot of impact. steering? the RA will NEVER match the feel of the IX. brakes? not unless you go aftermarket.

the list goes on. that's why i believe they gave it some super sticky tires. they're making up for all the little things that makes an evo an evo.
Old May 23, 2008, 10:50 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by aestival
Posted this elsewhere here, but Mitsubishi Canada will apparently be taking orders from dealers for the 2009 Ralliart in mid-June (that's what they're telling dealers). Based on the Evo X MR order-ship times, that would mean November, but that could possibly mean 2009 Ralliarts in Canada as early as late August. My guess is November, because they won't want to crowd the MR.
I said it before, I'll say it again: Canada = August; US - mid-Fall. They're not gonna care about crowding the MR b/c the price points are so far apart. People who are gonna spring for the MR aren't gonna be interested in the RA.

Quick Reply: 2009 Ralli Art Featured in Sport Compact Car Magazine