Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Ralliart trans questions and track use

Old Feb 19, 2020, 11:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ralliart trans questions and track use

After doing a lot of research, I couldn't help but love the value and what you get. I also arrived at the same conclusion everyone researching an 09+ Ralliart does... the transmission could be an issue. I bought the car to feature on my YT channel as an obscure/forgotten performance car and it will see track time so I'm wondering about dependability mods:

1. Do aftermarket Evo trans coolers bolt on directly?
2. Aftermarket Evo intercoolers bolt on directly?
3. Aside from trans flush and new filter, is there anything that could be considered preventative maintenance that could help with life? What fluid do you recommend for a car seeing track time?
4. For those who track or have tracked Ralliarts, will good pads and DOT4 fluid get me by or you need a brake kit?

This car will be a work in progress and I want to document incremental improvements so I don't want to throw a bunch of mods at it at first. Just manage heat and brakes first, then look into mods.
Thanks!

Last edited by ramseye; Feb 20, 2020 at 06:17 AM. Reason: typo
Old Feb 19, 2020, 01:54 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,038 Likes on 760 Posts
1. Yes, same as MR
2. Yes.

For track use, I would also source an Evo 10 engine oil cooler and thermostat as the Ralliart does not have an engine oil cooler.

Good news is everything bolts right up.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by razorlab
1. Yes, same as MR
2. Yes.

For track use, I would also source an Evo 10 engine oil cooler and thermostat as the Ralliart does not have an engine oil cooler.

Good news is everything bolts right up.
Thanks Bryan, looks like you know your way around these cars judging by your signature. Recommend any good vendors and/or brands? Hope this isn't opening up a can of worms as discussions of oils/fluids often turns into lol... but what trans fluid do you recommend or whatever is recommended in the manual is good?
Old Feb 20, 2020, 06:30 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,038 Likes on 760 Posts
Originally Posted by ramseye
Thanks Bryan, looks like you know your way around these cars judging by your signature. Recommend any good vendors and/or brands? Hope this isn't opening up a can of worms as discussions of oils/fluids often turns into lol... but what trans fluid do you recommend or whatever is recommended in the manual is good?
MAP makes a good setrab engine oil cooler kit. Use OEM thermostat from the Evo 10.

For SST trans. OEM SST Diaqueen fluid always. Part #C0002610
The following users liked this post:
zeRep85RA (Feb 20, 2020)
Old Feb 20, 2020, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by razorlab
MAP makes a good setrab engine oil cooler kit. Use OEM thermostat from the Evo 10.

For SST trans. OEM SST Diaqueen fluid always. Part #C0002610
Thank you!