Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

What's the generally accepted 0-60 time for a stock Ralliart?

Old Nov 2, 2018, 12:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My 2014 RA, stock aside from Cobb AP stage 1, did it in 5.4 consistently. I'm down to 4.9 seconds after putting in UR metal substrate HFC, axle-back UR exhaust, and K&N drop-in filter.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 02:47 AM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
That sounds about right.
If I where you I would ditch the Cobb AP and go Opensource with EcuFlash. Cobb barely supports the RA specially the SST transmission.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 06:55 AM

Hey peeps. I actually own a speedhut gauge which isnt that dissimilar to the vbox 0-100kmh and 1/4mi gps timer.

i never did stock but after a gst basemap flash i was 5.29 seconds. After changing to some rays forged monoblock wheels and bc coilovers (saving 7kg per wheel and 8kg total over stock suspension) i did a 4.99 0-100kmh

I had a full service at 110oookm and flashed supersport but havent run a time yet. First impressions is it might pick up another .3 but i will report back and let you know
Old Feb 8, 2020, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Laza
7.1 s is the official 0-100 km/h figure for the ralliart (sedan). Don't know if this is with sport mode on or off though. I bet it could go much faster if it had some kind of launch control, now acceleration is quite sluggish when starting from a standstill.
But there is some sort of launch control!

I know it's been over 10 years but to anyone trying to launch their RA, this is what the guys who owned one at my dealership said to do. (At your own risk) Turn off ASC (hold the button to the left of the steering wheel), put in sports mode, left foot on brake, and push the gas till it's at about 3k -3.2k rpm, release the brake, mob. Just careful not to hold the gas & brake for more than a moment or the tranny will disengage and you'll look like an idiot. I've done it too many times. **** goes way faster than a normal launch and feels better on the "clutch", I was running stage 3 cobb, evo x BPV & short DP back ultimate racing all mufflers, eibach pro springs, and hit 0-60 in 4.2 seconds with junk in the trunk. I have heard 6.8 0-60 stock, probably on sport mode compared to 7.1 on normal.

P.S. If you can get a COBB accessport you can run 0-60 tests and quarter mile tests. ✌🏻
Old Feb 9, 2020, 08:45 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,038 Likes on 760 Posts
Originally Posted by TheHawk
But there is some sort of launch control!

I know it's been over 10 years but to anyone trying to launch their RA, this is what the guys who owned one at my dealership said to do. (At your own risk) Turn off ASC (hold the button to the left of the steering wheel), put in sports mode, left foot on brake, and push the gas till it's at about 3k -3.2k rpm, release the brake, mob. Just careful not to hold the gas & brake for more than a moment or the tranny will disengage and you'll look like an idiot. I've done it too many times. **** goes way faster than a normal launch and feels better on the "clutch", I was running stage 3 cobb, evo x BPV & short DP back ultimate racing all mufflers, eibach pro springs, and hit 0-60 in 4.2 seconds with junk in the trunk. I have heard 6.8 0-60 stock, probably on sport mode compared to 7.1 on normal.

P.S. If you can get a COBB accessport you can run 0-60 tests and quarter mile tests. ✌🏻
Or flash S-Sport and use actual launch control.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by razorlab
Or flash S-Sport and use actual launch control.
true, you could do that, but then youd be launching at 5-5.5k rpm which is a lower boost than at 3-3.2k so your launch would be slower than mine...
Old Feb 10, 2020, 09:34 AM
EvoM Guru

true, you could do that, but then youd be launching at 5-5.5k rpm which is a lower boost than at 3-3.2k so your launch would be slower than mine...
100% disagree
Old Feb 11, 2020, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by razorlab
100% disagree
I guess, but I am just relaying facts man. The stock turbo on th RA peaks at 3.2k, with boost, hp, & torque, then tapers down and is lower at 5/5.5k and beyond. More power is more power. Thats not an opinion, it's just how it is. This is the opinion part: I would never launch my ra with super sport because its designed for the mr with a bigger turbo and electric differential which we dont have. If I did decide to risk flashing s.sport on my ecu I would just use it for two stepping which I so wish I could do. If you still have the stock power curve, try it out for yourself. You might be surprised.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 09:38 AM
EvoM Guru

I guess, but I am just relaying facts man. The stock turbo on th RA peaks at 3.2k, with boost, hp, & torque, then tapers down and is lower at 5/5.5k and beyond. More power is more power. Thats not an opinion, it's just how it is. This is the opinion part: I would never launch my ra with super sport because its designed for the mr with a bigger turbo and electric differential which we dont have. If I did decide to risk flashing s.sport on my ecu I would just use it for two stepping which I so wish I could do. If you still have the stock power curve, try it out for yourself. You might be surprised.
Did all that a decade ago. I have a billion logs and a ton of data from the track. But okay.
The following users liked this post:
zeRep85RA (Feb 11, 2020)
Old Feb 11, 2020, 10:00 AM
Evolving Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
hahaha

are you really trying to tell the guy who provided FREE! base maps to the RA community how a tiny turbskie works?!?!?!

z
E
R
E
p