Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Link to Sportback Roof Rack Stuff?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2012, 07:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
I had to use the crossbars that support my kayak holders. I could not find a Mitsu kit... I 'thought the Mitsu' was only Thule - so their gear should fit.

BTW: There is a local yard selling the thule rack off a junked RASB - see MD/DC/VA Craig's List.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 09:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by hccyong
Hi, for those of you with Thule racks, do you use the ARB47 crossbars as recommended by Thule? I'm wondering if the Mitsubishi kit has the same bars or not. Surprisingly, the Mitsubishi kit is under $300, while the Thule kit is more expensive, in the $400 range. Anyone know the differences, and if the Thule cargo boxes can fit on the Mitsubishi bars? Thanks.
It's pretty much just a rebadged Thule Aero Kit.

I were you, I would buy the newer style Blade bars. The Standard Aero/Mitsubishi Bars make a lot of Noise.. so Factor in the prce of a Fairing. ($80)
Old Mar 20, 2012, 04:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
areoblades dont make any noise, BUT ive noticed -2mpg, but i drive with a lead foot so it went from 18mpg to 16mpg.....

a note on the 47" or the 53"... thule calls for the 53" bars, and i think the ARB47" are just a tad too short, or basically will have a hard time fitting that endcap in there. i have to ARB53s on the 4dr, and they have a good amount of overhang, which i wish they didnt

i know this is frowned upon by moderators, but call up the rack attack boston location and let me know you are on the evoM forum, and ill get you some good prices, name is tj

dont buy that whispbar crap either!!! stuff sucks
Old May 9, 2012, 12:47 AM
Evolved Member

Posting this for informational purposes for Sportback owners looking for Bike Mounting options-

I wanted to get some bike racks for the Sportback but have never liked the look of the Mitsubishi/Thule Big mouth bike carrier. It sticks out past the front bar, it's pricy ($150), not the most stable or secure, and limited to standard shaped bike frames.
The plus side to this is it's the only carrier that won't give you trouble opening your hatch with a bike on it without some form of careful planning or reverse installation.

I wanted a fork mount solution so I used Rockymounts carriers in the past and decided to try their newer Euro Pitchfork carrier. They where only $115, low profile, available in multiple colors, and have a super easy lock/unlock mechinism.
Name:  rockymounts2.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  91.8 KB

I will need to mount 2 bikes with space in the center for an optional third. Below shows how I had to mount the carrier at about a 10 deg angle to clear the hatch when open, this will be the case with any adult sized bike. The carrier can be mounted straight and hatch opened without a bike or smaller childs bike.
Name:  IMAG0566.jpg
Size:  72.8 KB

Name:  IMAG0568.jpg
Size:  57.5 KB

Name:  IMAG0567.jpg
Size:  73.2 KB

These were taken to make sure it was possible to mount a fork mount bike carrier, hopefully i can get a shot of both mounted with bikes this weekend for reference.

Last edited by neogeo64; Jul 15, 2012 at 12:38 AM.
Old May 21, 2012, 12:41 PM
Evolved Member

niiiiiice!

Do they bolt right into the Thule[tm] holes already in the car?
Old Jun 20, 2012, 09:17 AM

Hi, I am looking to buy a Outlander and the top trim GT says it has

"Plug-in Thule® sport rack accommodation"

Is this the same setup as the Lancer..?

The lower trims have side rails where you add cross bars.
Is it easy to take the Thule bars on and off as needed?
Old Jun 22, 2012, 11:30 AM
Evolved Member

Look at the roof plastic trim. You should see a plastic cover that you slide forward and lift off. Those threaded holes fit the Thule roof rack (go to thier site). I would be really suprised if they do not take the exact same rack feet and bars

They just screw in with allen screws and come off/on easily (the second time after they are set up )

I only mount when i need them.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 09:18 PM

Thanks, what is the Thule part number?
The Mitsu one comes with Square bars for $250, it's rebadged, but I see some of you have the silver aero bars which looks better I think, which one should I get?

I still need the adapter to put my Yakima bike rack on the bars, argh.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 12:36 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Veronica
niiiiiice!

Do they bolt right into the Thule[tm] holes already in the car?

The bike racks slide into the aero rails in the front and can use the rail or clamp style on the rear rail.

Originally Posted by FastGST

The Mitsu one comes with Square bars for $250, it's rebadged, but I see some of you have the silver aero bars which looks better I think, which one should I get?

The thule fit guide should give you the part #'s
Old Jul 18, 2012, 12:20 PM
Evolved Member

^Southern Maryland Craig's List has a GTS SB being parted out - with thule roof rack - see if they will ship, eh?
Old Aug 15, 2013, 10:47 AM

Just wondering does anyone know the where i can find the covers for the caps that are there? it looks like one of the 4 blew off and its driving me nuts and i cant seem to find it anywhere or find a part number for it.
Old Aug 15, 2013, 10:56 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,038 Likes on 760 Posts
Originally Posted by slacker2u
Just wondering does anyone know the where i can find the covers for the caps that are there? it looks like one of the 4 blew off and its driving me nuts and i cant seem to find it anywhere or find a part number for it.
7400A157
7400A158

Left and right sides
Old May 10, 2014, 12:31 AM
Evolved Member

Family is into Kayaking and these things are long!
Besides the obvious kayak holder for the roof rack your suppose to tie down the front and rear of the kayak to front and rear bumper or tow hook to keep the wind from moving it around at hwy speeds.

Thanks for screwing us here in and not giving us tow hook mounts

I found Thule/yakima make Hood straps that bolt to fender bolt and stick out between hood/trunk and fender.

* I ended up getting This brand at REI as it is only $6 for 2

I'll post pics of everything mounted on the RA as soon as I get time to play.

Last edited by neogeo64; May 12, 2014 at 05:23 PM. Reason: added rei link
Old May 12, 2014, 08:29 AM
Evolved Member

Nice!

I recently added hood pins and made a steel 'hook' adapter for the straps (I will take pix)...

What are you doing for the rear over-hang?
Old May 12, 2014, 08:33 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by GST Motorsports
No problem, been doing the same research for my personal sportback.

I'm currently trying to find the part # for the little covers that I showed in the photo above.

I didn't put one back on all the way I guess and it flew off the car at some point. It looks REALLY bad without that cover btw.

- Bryan

Bryan,

http://www.oemmitsubishiparts.com/pa...olding%20cover

$17.03

My wifes sportback GTS has the same issue, both of the front ones are now missing.. and looks terrible. But at 17$ each i cant believe thats what they charge for those little plastic covers!!

BODY HARDWARE / ROOF / EXTERIOR TRIM / Drip molding cover

Quick Reply: Link to Sportback Roof Rack Stuff?