Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

***Welcome New Ralliart Owners***

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2011, 02:14 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yes sir it did a lil bit but the sway bar is the biggest diff
Old Apr 8, 2011, 02:50 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by GenetiX403
yes sir it did a lil bit but the sway bar is the biggest diff
Good to know. Did you do front and rear ?
Old Apr 8, 2011, 04:47 PM
Evolving Member

just rear
Old Apr 8, 2011, 07:52 PM

Just wanted to introduce myself and ask a few questions / get some opinions. So I am in the market for a raliart and have got it narrowed down to 2 of them. Both are at about the same price point. However one has the racaro package and the other has a navigation. So the obvious advantages of the racaro package is the seats and the nav is the well nav system and the hard drive. Am I missing anything? Does the nav system come with the upgraded sound outside the hard-drive, similar to the one in the ricaro package? Are there other fetchers included in the nav package? Am I missing anything?

Another thing I was considering was which would be easier / more cost effective to upgrade with after-market stuff. Maybe someone could offer any details if they had any info on either.

Just looking for thoughts and opinions.
Old Apr 9, 2011, 04:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Recaro and factory Nav. options are completely unrelated to drivetrain whatsoever, so modification-wise, it'll be the same for either car.

Factory installed Nav. also includes the Rockford/Fosgate upgraded audio system with subwoofer, etc. This system is plenty for the casual listener but many people who are very heavy into their car-audio will want to upgrade further from the "subdued" Fosgate stuff and usually would rather just start with the base package to avoid having to deal with/bypass the factory amplifier. Not to mention, the cost of the Mitsu. Nav. is quite high, even though it is one of the highest ranked OEM Navigation systems among car makers by the general public. The thing is, though, you could easily buy a quality aftermarket headunit with navigation capabilities and upgrade the factory audio system yourself to your own liking for well under the cost of the Nav. unit.

The other beauty of the Recaro package is that it is equipped with the Xenon HID projector headlamps. These are a matter of personal preference, but I think they are much nicer than the halogen alternatives.

Hope that helps, and I'm sure you can tell which one I would choose, lol.
Old Apr 9, 2011, 10:01 AM

HAHA yea I can deff tell which one you would chose. For me personally the Rockford/Fosgate level audio is what I would like so if they both have that it basically leaves seats vs head unit. Here is my thinking out loud.

The actual Nav feature is really a big deal. I have it on my phone along with a standard gamin so thats not a heavy item on the scale. As for the hard drive thats nav but 75% of the time I listen to a morning and afternoon radio show so that leaves me with the weekend and I think 6 MP3 disks would probably be plenty. As for the Xenon headlamps, that is a definite plus thanks for pointing it out. Are there other features I am missing of with the Nav system (backup camera, a different blue tooth system, etc)

On that same subject the bluetooth connection is only for calling correct? There is not music / streaming integration?

Any other thoughts from others?

PS - is there a thank you button in these forums? If not thanks for the info chi-town
Old Apr 9, 2011, 10:40 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bryan9915
HAHA yea I can deff tell which one you would chose. For me personally the Rockford/Fosgate level audio is what I would like so if they both have that it basically leaves seats vs head unit. Here is my thinking out loud.

The actual Nav feature is really a big deal. I have it on my phone along with a standard gamin so thats not a heavy item on the scale. As for the hard drive thats nav but 75% of the time I listen to a morning and afternoon radio show so that leaves me with the weekend and I think 6 MP3 disks would probably be plenty. As for the Xenon headlamps, that is a definite plus thanks for pointing it out. Are there other features I am missing of with the Nav system (backup camera, a different blue tooth system, etc)

On that same subject the bluetooth connection is only for calling correct? There is not music / streaming integration?

Any other thoughts from others?

PS - is there a thank you button in these forums? If not thanks for the info chi-town
Brand new for 2011, the FUSE Hands-Free System adds bluetooth streaming. This feature is standard on 2011 Ralliarts.

But it seems you're looking at a 2010, because the Recaro package is no longer available on the 2011's. Note - this is regarding all US Spec RA's; it seems Canada still has Recaro's

The only significant packages for the 2011's are
Touring - regular leather/heated seats, projector HIDs, sunroof, lip spoiler, rockford fosgate, auto rain-sensing wipers, 6cd changer
Navigation - obvious

So if you want bluetooth streaming audio, step up to a 2011 (and give up the awesome recaro package)
Old Apr 21, 2011, 09:44 PM

I just bought my second Ralliart yesterday and joined this site about an hour or so ago. I had an RA back in '04-'06 before they started turbocharging them.

Now I have a beautiful, black 2011 RA. Originally, the only immediate "mod" I had planned for it was window tint on Monday. But after browsing around this site awhile, I think I might do a little actual modding as well...eventually.
Old Apr 22, 2011, 09:11 AM
Evolved Member

welcome! For appearances, most will agree rims and a mild drop are a must to round out window tinting
Old Apr 23, 2011, 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by nunyas
welcome! For appearances, most will agree rims and a mild drop are a must to round out window tinting
Maybe. I literally drove it off the lot a day before joining the site. I'm gonna spend a long weekend getting acquainted with it the way it is before start thinking about a drop. I probably won't do anything besides the tint until after it's broken in. So far, I kinda like not having to worry about hitting curbs when I park. It's a minor thing, but it bugs me to hear the scraping noise and feel like a moron because I wasn't paying attention.
Old Apr 23, 2011, 09:36 AM
Evolved Member

that's understandable. I've had mine about 8 months, and still haven't lowered it or gotten rims

my mods have all been in the interest of more power...

Though, next month I'll be taking mine in for clear bra and tints. I should have had the clear bra put on the first week i got the car. So now, i need to clear up some rock chips before i get the clear bra put on...
Old Apr 23, 2011, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by nunyas
that's understandable. I've had mine about 8 months, and still haven't lowered it or gotten rims

my mods have all been in the interest of more power...

That's my way of thinking too. See, the story of how I came to be a Ralliart guy once again is a LONG story. But I'll try and sum up. I was saving for over a year for a down payment for a Mustang GT. Then annoying things started to happen to "move the goal posts" and delay my purchase. If it wasn't one thing, it was another. Eventually, I'd settled on the V6 to try and move things along. However, "things" kept happening to prevent that purchase as well. The final straw was learning from my finance guy that my car couldn't be ordered for quite some time due to the ONE plant in the whole world that made my preferred color being 17 miles from the melting down nuke reactor in Japan.

That was the day I began to re-look at my alternatives. I'd previously driven an Evo, and decided it wasn't quite for me (mainly because it has slightly less power than the Mustang, but no real drop in price). However, I went and drove a Ralliart and not only was there a drop in price, but it also...for some reason...felt "faster" to me than the Evo I drove.

Anyway, I totally fell for the Ralliart and drove it home that afternoon. And, oddly enough, I came to find out that this was the car for me all along. (Especially having seen some 1/4 times from this site that beat some GT times I've seen on a Mustang site.)

So, long story short (too late). My first mods are probably going to be under the hood as well. I still have the "new car purchase goggles" on and in my eyes, my car looks perfect the way it is. Although, in reality, I did see a pic of a TB Ralliart with black rims that looked f-in' sweet. So while I may not drop it, at some point, those rims are going to happen.

Last edited by Bullett; Apr 23, 2011 at 09:00 PM.
Old May 13, 2011, 10:23 AM

Hi, I just purchased a black 11 Ralliart. I live in the Ottawa area, eh.

Mike
Old May 13, 2011, 10:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Eh?! lol. welcome, welcome. Initial thoughts/feelings on the car, how are you liking it so-far, eh?
Old May 17, 2011, 04:27 PM

Hi, new to the site. My wife & I had our first child a week ago and the car seat doesn't fit in our current car so I needed to go shopping for a car that:

1) Can fit my 6"3' wife in the passenger seat
2) Can fit a baby seat in the rear seat
3) Is ~180" in length (or less) because of our very tight parking space
4) Has an automatic transmission because my wife doesn't like stick
5) Has paddle shifting because I love stick
6) Goes 0-60 MPH in a respectable time
7) Has enough cargo space to fit a stroller

So I sent in the paperwork today for our perfect family car: a 2011 Lancer Sportback Ralliart with the touring package. Very excited to get the car in the next couple of days.

Quick Reply: ***Welcome New Ralliart Owners***