Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

***Welcome New Ralliart Owners***

Old Dec 11, 2017, 01:57 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by CoMeRtOsE
Hi just joined and just purchased and 09 ralliart with the rockford fosgate stereo and I'm curious how to install an aftermarket sub and keep the fosgate 10inch as well. Is there a way to get RCA's from the sub to put into the aftermarket amp?
If you want to run a new amp just for the subs then its possible but you're going to have to find out which speaker wires output out of the stock amp to the sub disconnect them from the stock amp and then run those to the new amp. Probably wan tot upgrade the wires if your gonna be running more watts to the sub. As for RCA's you could go with a Line Out Converter. My recommendation would be to just use line out converter on one of your rear door panel speakers then run your RCA's to the new amp. You're not going to be able to push that stock sub much btw. It's not line the Punch series subs. Best of Luck keep us updated.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 12:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello... My name is Tim... ( HI TIM ) And I am an Addict...

Not really but I do like things that go Vroom, making things that dont go Vrooom... Go Vroom.

I purchased a 2010 Lancer Ralliart Sport Back last November 2017. I spent alot of time researching and talking to people ( have a friend that is a Master Mitsu mechanic ) and he just so happened to do some warranty/recall work on the car and knew the car quite well. I also lucked out in that the previous owner was female ( very well taken care of except a disagreement she had with tree in her driveway ) and put a dent in the front driver fender. Nothing major but saved me about 1,500 on the price of the car. The only reason I bought the car was the following:
It had 73,000 miles on it when I bought it last Nov. 2017
She had taken such good care of it inside and out ( interior was a 8 out of 10, exterior was a 8 out of 10 as well except for the dent )
She had kept maticulous records of all the maintenance ( Right down to oil changes, recalls, what was done and what wasnt. And the biggest thing for me. the 30k trans fluid changes that have been done religiously )
It came with 2 sets of rims/tires. One winter on steel ( crucial in Maine ) and the other summer tires on OEM rims, with 2 additional good condition tires ( not that I'd put them on as they are diff than the ones on the rims, wont mix on AWD )

I paid $10,500 for the car and couldnt be happier. I've seen others same year with 60,000 more miles sell for 2-3k more, others a few years newer with the same mileage for 3-4k more. I cant complain about that either.
Day I bought it.
Notice the small damage to the fender. Looking for a replacement as we speak... quotes to fix were 700-900$... Figured buying one used from a similar year lancer would be just as good.

The only feature this car did not have that I truly wanted but made a compromise was a moon roof. But it kind of makes up for it in that it has the Recaro seats and a Thule roof rack.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 12:36 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Way to go Tim

Welcome aboard & great to have you join the EvOM boards

Joe
Old Feb 1, 2018, 08:43 AM

welcome Tim! Nice find!
Old Feb 2, 2018, 08:13 AM
c08

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Nice car! Did you look into paintless dent repair for the fender? If there is no paint damage and the metal is not too damaged it could be a lot cheaper.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 09:26 AM

I did. Some places said it was too much damage for that. Others said 700-800. 75 for a replacement fender
Old Feb 12, 2018, 10:27 PM

Need help feeling like a dummy!

Hello everyone. I am very new to this. Also very new to owning a stock 06 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart. I bought the car a few months ago and have loved till now. I drove my car to my gfs house everything was fine. No noise no smoke nothing. Was going to leave and no start. Kept cranking and cranking and got nothing. Ses light came on. Checked the code the next day and got a p0340. So I thought sweet good news replace the sensor and Er back on the road...no I have checked the intire harness. Checked the engine control fuse. Replaced the ecm and have no luck. The fuel pump is running. The only thing I havnt checked is to see if I have spark. Oh and also checked the timing belt and it still had tension. The only time it could have slipped is when I shut the car off. Someone help it would be greatly appreciated.

(edit): not trying to jack post just couldn’t find how to start a thread so I do apologize.

Last edited by Ldmartin52; Feb 12, 2018 at 11:21 PM.
Old May 1, 2018, 07:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey y’all, the names Drew. Central Ohio guy. Grew up in the Dsm world tuning with safc’s and his vpc/gcc stuff on speed density and egt. Picked up a 2010 Ralliart sportback with 58k on the clock. This thing is a blast and handles ridiculously. Can’t wait to make it my own.

The following users liked this post:
michael2014 (Jan 15, 2022)
Old May 2, 2018, 05:57 AM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Very nice find. The mileage is great for being 2010.
Old May 3, 2018, 03:49 AM

Change the fluid ASAP. Always assume it was never done by previous owners or they used the wrong fluid. Also be prepared for the timing chain to go. The earlier model chains will eventually go bad.

If youre on facebook join Ralliart Revolution. Best source for knowledgeable Ralliart owners on the net.

Im in NE OH so if you have questions lmk.

Kris
Old May 3, 2018, 03:53 AM

Thanks for the info! What’s the usual service mileage for the chain? For the sst and diffs I’ve heard the mitsu fluids are the go to. Also have heard of the ssp sst fluid too.

It came as a CPO with 100k mile/lifetime powertrain warranty, so that definitely helps.

Last edited by owndjoo; May 3, 2018 at 07:06 AM.
Old May 4, 2018, 12:11 PM

For the sst you’ll ONLY want to use oem Diaqueen STF-1 oil. Definitely avoid ssp fluid at all costs.

Transfer case and differential oil you can use anything as long as it’s SAE90 equivalent. most just get oem. I got some performance fluid from Summit.
Old May 23, 2018, 05:15 PM

Help

Facebook Post
Megan coilovers, 20mm spacers and a big brake kit from will wood installed - now the car does this. Any suggestions?
Old May 24, 2018, 04:17 AM

Alignment? Possible wheel balance issue?
Old Jun 21, 2018, 03:32 AM

Originally Posted by RyanSebrasky
https://www.facebook.com/ryan.sebras...560076716/?t=1 Megan coilovers, 20mm spacers and a big brake kit from will wood installed - now the car does this. Any suggestions?
My car has the same shake, it is horrible. Thinking tires severely out of balance, possible bent front wheels as both were curbed by prior owner.
Did this start with the brake and spacer change or before

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ***Welcome New Ralliart Owners***