Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

***Welcome New Ralliart Owners***

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2011, 07:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ralliart Newbie

Picked it up last night. My comments/observations thus far:

1. Transmission is a bit odd at first. Still trying to figure out how to use sport mode, paddle shifters, etc (avoiding the Bible of a manual).

2. Very well made. Feels solid and very well put together. Even the wife said so.

3. Engine wants to go. Keeping it under 5000 rpm as per break in.

4. Handles well. No body roll. Driving at highway speeds seems slow.

5. Not sure how I'm going to fit my hockey bag in the trunk.

More comments as I drive it more.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 07:27 AM

New guy in NoVa

Picked up my Ralliart Sportback 2 weeks ago. It's a 2010 Sportback with the Recaro/RF-sound/HID package. Found it with under 3k miles at a dealer in Northern Virginia.

In the past I had a motorswapped auto-x/track day Civic, and a WRX. This is my first Mitsubishi. Really liking the car so far. Have a plan to do some basic upgrades and possibly start autocrossing again. Planning boost pill and Tactrix tuning, springs and rear swaybar, Evo-X intercooler and related parts, HFC, RRE Muffler mod, and NFS brake kit w/KORE calipers.

After that, likely next year, WB02, gauges, CBRD turbo.

I am also moving back to Michigan in a month and a half.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 06:44 PM

newbie to EVOM

Just got my Ralli Art on Saturday. I have owned quite a few turbo cars over the years. My last was a 95 GSX with the 97-99 Conversion done. Traded it in on a 09 Lancer GTS loaded back in 08 because of my new job as "Daddy". Missed the turbo and the awd so much got back into one and I am so frickin' happy. No mods as of yet gonna take it easy and go from there.

later and until then I'll be trolling the forums for info.

Chad
Old Jul 3, 2011, 03:10 PM

Hello everyone! Live in the ATX area, I have a 09 RalliArt stock. Want to start doing some mod’s.
So far I know I want to tune, add the GTS boost and get a better exhaust...the more I become familiar with mod's the more I want to do

Tess

Last edited by Be@ut!fu/_M3ss; Jul 4, 2011 at 09:18 AM.
Old Jul 10, 2011, 07:33 PM

Hello all new to the forum, just picked up my WW Ralliart on tuesday after researching this car for the past 7 months. Really liking this car so far, planning a few upgrades mainly exterior first then maybe a drop in with the GST tune. Anyway I will posting up some pics when I get them.
Old Jul 17, 2011, 11:56 PM

New here. Names steve. Just got a 2011 white Ralliart. I love it. Now I need to figure out what to do to it. But besides that I only have one real question and I'm sure it's a stupid one but I'd rather know and get grilled here then on the street. Is the Ralliart really all wheel drive and if so is it front wheel bias or not also the gravel snow and Tarmac. What exactly does it do? The guy At thr dealer Didn't really explain it. Only thing I don't like about my car is the Crome grill outline!!! And the fat black bad in the middle. To bad I can't get the big brothers bumper to fit
Old Jul 18, 2011, 04:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by sjb0722
New here. Names steve. Just got a 2011 white Ralliart. I love it. Now I need to figure out what to do to it. But besides that I only have one real question and I'm sure it's a stupid one but I'd rather know and get grilled here then on the street. Is the Ralliart really all wheel drive and if so is it front wheel bias or not also the gravel snow and Tarmac. What exactly does it do? The guy At thr dealer Didn't really explain it. Only thing I don't like about my car is the Crome grill outline!!! And the fat black bad in the middle. To bad I can't get the big brothers bumper to fit
Yes the car IS AWD. Power is evenly distributed front/rear.

Tarmac/Gravel/Snow are different settings for your center differential. The common first-guess assumption is that this changes the front/rear bias; this is WRONG. The ACD settings change the speed of lock-up in the center differential, basically allowing the front wheels to spin independantly of the rear for varying amounts of time, depending on your current setting, until locking front and rear into simultaneous operation. Side-to-side differentials still function as normal so as not to burn up your driveline components.

Based on your questions (and no personal offense meant) I very highly recommend you read as much as possible here and ask lots of questions before you begin to attempt to modify your car in any way.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 12:37 PM
Evolving Member

2010 WW Sportback RA checking in

Greetings! Found my 2010 Sportback RA languishing at a local dealer with a huge discount so I just had to give it a good home. So far I am enjoying myself immensely. Looking forward to learning from this group. Cheers.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 01:29 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome to the forum and to the world of the ralliart
Old Aug 5, 2011, 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by Moochie
1. Transmission is a bit odd at first. Still trying to figure out how to use sport mode, paddle shifters, etc (avoiding the Bible of a manual).

2. Very well made. Feels solid and very well put together. Even the wife said so.

3. Engine wants to go. Keeping it under 5000 rpm as per break in.

4. Handles well. No body roll. Driving at highway speeds seems slow.
Just picked up my black ralliart and love it. I definately agree with these statements. cant wait to get under the hood now
Old Aug 5, 2011, 01:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I finally Got my Ralliart Sportback Saturday!
After 3 months of torture she's finally here!
I had to Special order it as I wanted a WW RA SB with the Touring Option.
After signing the papers I took her over to get clear bra'ed (full hood and fenders\Fr bumper\headlights and and rear hatch area\ side body panel by rear wheels)

Just moved from the SF Bay Area to Seattle, WA.
Kept the RPM's under 5k and tried to vary my speed as much as possible.

Now for her first Oil Change.
Old Aug 7, 2011, 05:57 PM

Hello everyone
I drive 2011 tarmac black RA
My previous car was 2010 lancer GTS

I have few basic upgrades
K&N drop in
GST flash
Tein lowering springs
Old Aug 28, 2011, 09:42 AM

Hello everyone, I drive a 2011 graphite grey Lancer Ralliart. First import I've owned but been wanting one for a while, also my first turbocharged car. Nothing done to the car yet, but I'm looking around to see learn more first and to see what I want to do before doing anything.
Old Aug 28, 2011, 02:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Welcome welcome. Everyone always comes on here because they want to modify, modify, modify. Just keep in mind that the Ralliart can be a fun little car right out of the package. You don't need to do much to really enjoy driving it.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 09:35 AM

I enjoy driving it a lot and there isnt too much I want to do with it. I'm just looking around to see what can be done and gonna decide whats best for me when the warranty runs out. By then I figure I'll know how the car drives and how I would like it to drive. Right now I just want to learn as much as I can and see the possibilities

Quick Reply: ***Welcome New Ralliart Owners***